Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

new 2954D LL w / 624C

grapple1 ยท 2010-02-07 11:39

New Deere 2954D logloader with the new Waratah 624C

Replies18
  1. #1grapple12010-02-07 11:44

    and more Day 1, set up

  2. #2grapple12010-02-07 11:46

    Killer stereo system installed with head unit, speakers, powered sub woofer, sirius, plus the latest 2-way and the new waratah computer, lots of good stuff in the cab.

  3. #3John C.2010-02-07 12:19

    I do like the way they paint those things. I still think Link-Belt had the best looking color schemes but this one comes close.

  4. #4stormdodger2010-02-07 13:20

    Who bought this ? Does he want a new operator.LOL

  5. #5grapple12010-02-07 14:19

    the paint is a good layout. Wish i had pic of the top of the deck. Best layout on guarding i have ever seen for a swing machine with conventional style guarding. My favorite feature is the hyd. driven,full reversing fan. Deere using this everywhere now, excavators, wheel loaders, graders even the new skid steers.

  6. #6bushcat2010-02-07 14:37

    very nice looking machine.

  7. #7EGS2010-02-07 16:47

    That is one sweet looking machine! I really like that green color.

  8. #8John C.2010-02-07 22:33

    That rear entry cab is a Canadian boondoggle. I've always maintained that if the operator couldn't get in the machine without getting hurt, he shouldn't be running it. In my years as a mechanic I hated hanging off the sides of cabs working on the wiring but have seen so many extra problems caused by extra weight and moving all the electrical components that I just don't see anything but cost in them. I don't know of anyone who ever fell off a standard cab logger.

  9. #9stormdodger2010-02-07 22:43

    thats a Fred Wiley machine. He sure is getting big in a hurry.

  10. #10Drifter2010-02-08 01:11

    Nice. We just deliverd a 2954D Log loader and a 2454D with a 624 super Waratah last month. As well as two 953J's and two 848H skidders. Who was out from Waratah to do the set up?

  11. #11grapple12010-02-08 11:30

    Did Reid get involved on that? I heard something about it. Dean M. came out to do the operator training and setup.

  12. #12Contract Logger2010-02-08 14:17

    This is nice, great pics, keep em' coming!

  13. #13Drifter2010-02-08 23:52

    haha ya I think everybody was involved. Dean definitely knows his stuff all the waratah guys do.

  14. #14STAFFORD2010-02-28 01:21

    How do you like it?

  15. #15Drifter2010-03-02 00:34

    All they guys running with the same equipment were I am like there deere stuff. The 2154D with a 622 head is a great machine. Really fast with a ton of power.

  16. #16SPMiller2010-03-09 16:06

    Good to see new equipment out in the field! Love the deere forestry stuff

  17. #17DoubleBitTimber2010-03-27 16:23

    I would like to see a 2954 yoder, with the new allied winches. Can't go wrong with a DEERE!

  18. #18csquared2011-08-07 17:05

    how has the timberite computer been on this machine? looking through an old tigercat mag, with cold stone preaching the th575 and tigercat 855's, he buys a deere/624c? any insight into that?