We replaced our 410-D this week with a new 410-G. It has all the bells and whistles. The difference between the D series and the G series is amazing, I really love the excavator style controls. Can't wait to spend some time on it.
Nice! What does it have on it for features? What are the major differences between your new G and your old D? Why did you decide to replace the Old D?
Thats is the best b - h on the market, IMO. I ran a 310 SG a little over a year ago and it was the most impressive hoe I have ever ran. Even better than a Cat You have made a wise decision, party on!!!!
very nice nedly, very nice
The new machine has AM/FM AC air seat hydraulic quick couple, aux hyds, power shift,extenda hoe. The cab is layed out so much nicer, there is way more room. It has 98 HP and the loader is very quick. I love it.
Nice machine!!! Have fun with it & make some $$$$$$$$ Only thing your missing is a 4-in-1 bucket & forks.
I would love a 4 in 1 bucket,that would be clutch. I am pretty sure we will be getting forks and probably a 10 foot 4 way plow. The old D was getting pretty tired. it had 5000 hours and was 11 years old. This new G is twice the machine, the hydraulics are way faster, the controls are very smooth, and accurate. I give it a 10.
Maybe it is just my eyes but that looks like a C on the side of the machine not a G.:beatsme
Good decision Nedly.I've had mine for a little over a year now---it still amazes me with it's speed,precision and power.I love getting in my cab,shutting the doors,turning on the AC,putting on the Yankee game,watching the dust clouds trying to enter to no avail---I almost feel guilty of taking the client's money at the end of the day.This rig is truly the cat's ass.
Congrats! Very nice and the best choice IMO.
It does but it's a G. G's have that black hood, round work lights etc. etc. C would be god awful ugly and old! Blake WA
It's actually a bluish gray hood and the older 410G's{2001--2005{I think} } have rectangular lights.Mine is a 2003 with the Xtra docking lites,but they're all rectangular.And it's the angle on that pic--it's got to be a G
Its a G for sure, however it does look like a C in the pic. The C models were made back in the 80's or early 90's I think. I love this machine so much it's borderine obsessive. The hydraulics are so nice, it almost makes you a better operator. I did a job the other day and the guy I was working for call me a "magician". The swing power is unreal too, for grading and backfiling and what not, more than our 8 ton excavator thats for sure. I LOVE THIS MACHINE, anyone in the market for a new hoe right now, look into it, JD has some great incentives on the G's because the J's are coming out and they want to move the G's. The J's are going to run around 20 grand more.
Local outfit just got a 310J TC and love it,but to be honest I don't like the colors too much black to attract heat. Major thing I found the G's vs. the C's to E's was the cab door,I found it hard getting in and out of the old half round style cab doors but with the G's its easy to hop rite in. Great machine by the way the pilot controls make a long day so much easier.
Nice machine! If i was gonna get a new machine, it would be a 310 SG 4x4 or a 580 SuperM +.
Pilot controls are awesome!
I know I love mine!!! :drinkup
Nice Buy Way to go on this machine that is a very nice purchase. One day i would like to upgrade to a machine like that one.:drinkup
410-G update. We have had this machine for 3 months now and it only has 40 hrs on it. We use it primarily as a support machine, we do almost everything with our excavators. It is a very nice machine, but unfortunatley it came through with an intermittent electrical problem. Two times now it has quit on the road and JD has come right out and gotten it going again, they have been fantastic so far. Yesterday it quit in the pit last thing while we were loading trucks. Sits there and wont start. 40 hrs in 3 months now, it hasnt been used very much. The reason we upgraded from the D was it was getting tired and we didnt want to be @#!(ing around fixing it when we were in the middle of a job. Well in 5000 hrs we only had to stop what we were doing 4 times to fix that old horse, so the new G has almost caught up to it and it oly has 40 hrs. To say the least we are a bit dissapointed. Dad is downright MAD. I think it may qualify for the lemon law. I guess they may replace it. Not what you want to deal with when you drop 90+ for a new machine.
I understand your frustration. A friend of mine with a construction company had similar problems with both an IH dump truck and Chevy Duramax pickup. The IH would just up and quit, sometimes with a load of asphalt on. IH finally ended up buying the truck back and at the factory discovered a chaffed wire in the harness. Chevy also ended up buying back the pickup and that one turned out to be a bad ground in the harness. Perhaps you could mention you are posting your concerns here and will post any solutions they offer you here as well. It might offer you a bit of leverage in getting this issue resolved.
Having the leverage from posting online is a great idea. Both times the JD mechanic has come out it has been the same problem, which has been a ground. Yesterday I pulled the panels up to get to it to see if it was the issue but I wasnt able to make anything happen. They are coming first thing Monday. Time will tell.
Lemon Law nedly05, Sorry to hear about your G. The leamon law applies to anything that moves under its own power. Check into it, my lawer pushed the issue on a new machine with less than 200 hours and the company had to build us a new machine. Lots of luck.
Nedly05, what is giong on with your new backhoe? That sucks that it is giving you this much grief. (should have gone case! ) But seriously, we had 310SG's at the rental place I worked at a couple years ago and we never had problems. That's curious. Blake WA
It is ground issue under the floor, We will know more this week!
Have any of you had issues with the back windows breaking in these G series backhoes? We have had a couple on ours blow up just sliding them up or down. And I know of 2 or 3 other companies around here that have had the same problem.
I havent heard of that one yet...but It doesnt surprise me, they don't slide very easily. Thanks for the heads up!
Nedly--yeah, keep me posted on this so I might know what to look for if it should ever happen to mine.Regarding rear windows--I smashed mine in a gizillion pieces as soon as I got it.Was my own fault though.Deere has a rubber bumper on the bottom slider which was missing on mine--I lowered it too fast/hard and smash.Everyone should check theirs to make sure you have that bumper--I think it was around $10---the glass is very pricey so beware.Nothing runs{or costs} like a Deere.
So the mechanic was there today and pulled all of the floorboards up. He started to check all of the wires in the harness, and then he spotted a plug that was not completely together, he checked it, put it together and it seemed to fix the problem. The plug goes to the neutral disconnect switch on the loader lever. Only machines with the power shift option will have this problem. The mechanic seems to feel that we will never have this problem again. I hope he is right!
That's good to hear. Blake WA
Anyone with pilot controls ever lose power at the sticks.It's happened to mine maybe 6 times now in about 1.5 years now,just happened again yesterday--heard a distinct small click and then nothing.Shut off the engine,resarted and all was fine.