which brand of excavator do you like and why 80,000 pd class we are in a pretty rough application feeding concrete crusher every day. have owned all the major brands over the years but now with tier 4 every body seems to be up in the air with the better mouse trap.
We bought a new PC390-10 and nobody really cares for it. We demo'd a new Zx380-5 and really should have bought it instead. We had the dealer out 3 times turning up the 390 and it still feels weak for it's size.
Thanks, I not been hearing good news about the new komatsu's
I'd look real hard at a volvo 340 or 380, they share the same upper structure but the 380 has a larger undercarriage. We love ours, super easy on fuel and comfortable and quiet to operate. Very stable and fast.
I have a 360B with approx. 10,000Hrs it's one of the smoothest excavators I've ever owned but has given me more problems than any other excavator that I've been around in 30+years of owning & operating with no support. broken main boom pin, final drive, chrome on bucket cycl turned black@4,000hrs but not leaking, numerous heater cores .bucket pin & bushings , injectors computers . you think that with the size and weight of the boom and the rest of the machine it should be a great machine. yes we are loading a small concrete crusher all day but It was only loading 500-700 yds per 10 to 12Hr day (witch is only about 2 Hrs work for that size machine some times would the job with a 150 size machine) and traveled very little fuel-lube truck came to it. I am still running linkbelt LS 2800 CII , case 9030,PC300-5 whats that they say don't make them like they use to
Ive got about 5000 hours of demolition work in a 2007 360b and it's been a great machine. The large demolition contractors around here are buying all volvo excavators. I've heard some great things about the cat 336e, so if volvo is out of the question I would take a good look at the cat.
I've got a price on a 336E Just bought a 972K in Dec 860 hrs as of last night. had a oil leak on the EGR valve @ approx. 460 hrs & 56 days old I am 4 miles from cat dealer bought extended warranty and they tried to charge me $561.00 for a service call and they got paid from warranty $1500.00 for 2 hrs labor.this the first cat machine I've bought or owned since 1990 my cousins have approx. 150 machines most all cat from same dealer they say this is common practice for this dealer how about the rest of ya'll do they charge you for warranty repairs and how much. I've not had very good luck with buying late model new or low hr machines over the last 10 years. Seam to have better luck with high 7,000 +hr auction machines I don't know maybe it does not hurt as much when you feel like you got it @a deal when it's broke down .the reason I'm buying new is I need Teir 4i. I'm in the city. Not trying to rant just trying to see if I am expecting too much out of new machines when we spend this much money on these new machines:beatsme SALESMAN SELLS THE FIRST SERVICE DEPT SALES THE REST:IMO
What kind of buildings are you demo'ing with taht 360b? How does it hold up for you doing demo? What has the performance been llike tearing down buildings with it? Are you using it with a bucket and thumb or a grapple?