Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New 955k owner

gdk771 ยท 2013-04-12 19:04

Hello, I recently purchased a Cat 955k and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what sort of things tend to break on these or what I should look out for. I plan to use it to clear trees and brush with on my farm.

Replies3
  1. #1wosama931b2013-04-12 20:52

    Hi gdk771, welcome to the HEF, congrads on the Cat, sam.

  2. #2AllDodge2013-04-19 18:17

    I have one and need to get my breaks bands replaced. Some tell me it's an all day job others say the band should be easy enough to get to. Need to find time to get at it. I also needed to replace all my gages and the hardest was the torque convertor probe but managed to get it done without droping the belly pan. Other than that keep the greese and oil ready. Welcome to the forum

  3. #3wagspe2082013-04-21 21:21

    Run it's balls off. I bought one for the same purpose. I have stuck mine, had it go under water, now apart for a pinion and brake bands. Easy to work on. Wags