I see Asv has recently been putting up a lot of videos of this unit on YouTube, anyone tried one out lately. I'm narrowing down my list of options and the logging on my property will be done in the next 12 months, so I've got to get my mind made up. I've demo'd cat, tak, and bobcat. I liked tak the best for power but working on slopes concerns me. The new Deere 333g looks like the longer track length could be just the ticket for working on my hilly farm, but I watched all those asv videos and could only wonder if maybe that asv rt75 could actually benefit me more. I'll be using the machine with a stump bucket to clear leftover trees under 12" and stumps, grapple for brush clean up, and maybe a tilt bucket or dozer blade for cutting new roads on slopes. Main thing for me will be pushing brush and leftover smaller trees down slopes into the fields below to make burn piles and then being able to drive back up and make another push back down. Some hills are very steep, but my 4x4 tractor will climb them in the dry but the front end gets very light(tires filled,fel,blade). After I get the farm opened back up the machine will be used to maintain the place and do work at my house, so I need a tool that will fill many needs. I also fight with myself over maybe just getting a Deere 60g or bobcat e55, but the farm is 1/4mile down the asphalt road from my house then 3/4 mile down a dirt road and traveling that far on a mini ex would take forever as well as traveling from one end of the farm to the other. Soil type is clay and topsoil on the bottomland and soapstone and slate on the hills. Any feedback or ideas?
FWIW, I have had an Asv RC-30, almost from the beginning. 2500+hours later, I still have the same opinion, its an amazing machine, well balanced, gan go up and down some hills, I'd never dream of taking another tractor, or machine on...
As an owner of a pt80 I'd definitely would go for the asv if you can afford it
How is the bucket breakout and lift on your 80 compared to other loaders you've tried out?
We’ve got an ASV RC100 been a great unit. What part of Tn u in. Thanks
Hi, good to hear your unit has been a great one. From what ASV has said the new rt75 is comparable to their older 100hp machines and current 74-95hp units from other manufacturers as far as overall performance specs go. I'm in East TN in the hill country, close to VA and NC.
Tenfo. We have a place in West Tn. (Bath Springs)
I am in Middke Tn near Nashville. I have an ASV RC85 with 3300 hours, RC 100 with 2200 hours, and a Terrex PT 30 with 1500 hours. They all need maintance during their life cycle. I also have a CAT 299D2 XHP. The ASV machines are better balanced. I know for a fact that a CAT 289HP will roll down a hill end over end and roll side over. Have you looked at the new ASV RT75HD? I have checked them out very close but have not operated one yet. It is on my short list for my next machine.
Yes, the RT75HD is what I am looking at, the local dealer has 2 regular 75's but can order the HD for me. So far I have only looked at it online and at the Local dealer. I will do a demo on one this summer when the loggers get some of the steeper hills cleared so I can test it out on them. Are you satisfied with the breakout and lift on the rc85? I'm hoping the new rt75 has about the same breakout and lift as a Tak TL10.
I’m not familiar with the HD series. What’s the difference. I know the rc100 we have has amazing lifting power. Not sure th capacity but it’ll tote a load.
The HD has: All weather cab and Lexan door, AM/FM/MP3 audio system, Special guarding package, Hydraulic bucket positioning, Hydraulic ride control, Auto-reversing cooling fan Rear-view camera and display
Sounds like the previous forestry package!
As for the mini ex issue, there are several OEMs that make wheeled mini excavators. Wacker Neuson has several models. Might fit the need.
So this guy made it up the hill...could he drive back down that slope? That slope is steeper than I would probably attempt
Sure he could. With an empty bucket go down forward with the bucket low to the ground and with it full back down SLOWLY. I've gone up and down slopes like that several times
Don't go up the hill with a full bucket in forward and then dump it. My freind did it with a Cat 289D and rolled back down the hill as soon as the load cleared the bucket.
Well, see the comments in the YouTube video. He already seized the engine and said the power just wasn’t there...
H&H, looks like he took a bone stock machine, hooked it to something too big, and blew it up. Looks like it had no additional forestry package, or that it is not recommended, to use this machine for an attachment that uses that much power...
Head is much to big for the machine. I run a FAE UML125 on my RC100 and it all it wants.
Just picked up an RT 75 and I’m not sure about it. I think my PT 70 is a better machine to operate. Better view Of the bucket. Quieter, etc. The 70 has been a maintenance nightmare. Hopefully the 75 won’t be. One thing I know my PT 70 will go places no other brand would even think about. This is why I put up with the maintenance issues. I can perform jobs other contractors would have to use dozers or track hoes on. If I was in the market for a used machine I think I would look at the Pt 70 or 80 Maybe after running the new machine for a while I’ll change my mind.