Picked this up this weekend, What do you guys think? Sorry for the poor cell phone video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Khwc1k64b0
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Davenport Trans! :drinkup
Thank you countryboy. Benn lurking here for a couple of days and gotta say you post some great pics!!
thats nice. i've been lookin in to getting one with for the RC100 a friend and i are getting, pretty pricey though. how do you like the RCV, you got any pics of that
asv i cant tell but looks like a magnum made by bradco or a fecon. mulching head. i have run both of those on several diffrent track loaders and the asv rc 100 is the way to go. the rcv has slightly less power and the lift arms bang around alot but handles the mulchers well. but once you have run one on a rc100 every thing else seems underpowerd:drinkup
Thanks.
jimmyjack, Love the rcv, ill try to get some pics up today. stumper120, Its a fecon head, I guess i havent run into the lift arm issue you speak of, but my machine only has 180 hours on it. I do agree on your under powered statement tho, it could use another 20 horse. The grinder head was an afterthought, just somthing to do in the winter. The orignal purpose was just to have the machine on a job site to complement my excavator. If i was to buy a machine for the purpose of running the grinder head i would go with the RC-100. Thanks for the replys, steve
Steve, Welcome to HEF! That Looks like a heck of an attachment! I was on your website last night, are you sure your machine is an ex-60? the pic on your site appears to be a 100 or a 120? Love that star, what are the specs? I would like to get one just like that let me know if you know of one for sale around the area. PS-Great pics of your labbies, I have one black lab female, great dogs!!
Either that ASV was under powered or the operator was show boating too much. What was the wierd noise at the very end of the vid, sounded like it when through a hog wire fence?
nedly05, Thanks for the welcome!! You are correct that is a 100 that was on my site. The star is a '93, 450 detroit, 18 spd, 20,000 front , 46,000 rears , 16 foot body, stearable pusher and about 30,000 on the rebuilt motor. I will keep my eyes open for another for ya. bobcat ron, a little of both, as i said in a previous post " The grinder head was an afterthought, just somthing to do in the winter. The orignal purpose was just to have the machine on a job site to complement my excavator. If i was to buy a machine for the purpose of running the grinder head i would go with the RC-100". I was trying to get that job done before i ran out of daylight and before the snow came so i could get the machine moved. As for the sound........ im grinding trees, smaller diameter trees sometimes get caught and wrap around the head untill it speeds back up, white birch seems to be the worst.
Have you seen any cuts in the tracks of the ASV from weed whacking? Reason I ask is I keep getting warned of it.
bobcat ron, I havent noticed any yet. I have only used the head 2 days now but it could see where it might be a concern it you were constintly turning on small sharp stumps.
Nice rig. I ran a Magnum for a week, impressive recovery time. I went with the Fecon but I would probably go with an FAE after the rep came out and let me use one for a week. The tracks will take a beating but for me it is mostly from rocks and not the woody debris left behind.
Welcome to HEF qwikDraw. Great website you have!, nice looking work. I am very impressed with these fecon grinders, how many horse do they require? do they make a 3 point version?
Yes they do make a 3 point unit, not sure on the HP needed. I do know the tractor mounted heads are bigger then my 100hp skid steer could handle. Here is a link to the FAE site with some of the tractor pictures. I would like to try one of the bi-directional tractors... FAE
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums qwikDraw! :drinkup
Beat ya to it!!!