Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New backhoe owner

oz10122007 ยท 2024-01-31 23:39

I've recently purchased a 580 super L case backhoe. On flat grou d it seems to run just fine. But as soon as a get the smallest load or it runs for a little while it doesn't want to pull hills at all so I shut her down. Can someone please help me I'm desperate

Replies10
  1. #1oz101220072024-01-31 23:42

    I've also checked my fluids and everything seems on the level besides the dipstick on the left side if your in it. The one right up against the doghouse I guess you would say under the hood . Like I said I'm a new owner just trying to get some info

  2. #2_Weldman_2024-01-31 23:54

    Clogged fuel filter or trash in the fuel tank.

  3. #3Welder Dave2024-02-01 02:13

    Is the engine struggling or losing RPM? If so it is likely a fuel issue.

  4. #4HarleyHappy2024-02-01 09:35

    What gear is it in?

  5. #5oz101220072024-02-03 09:10

    I sucked the takeout it looked fine and put a new fuel filter on

  6. #6oz101220072024-02-03 09:14

    No it doesn't seem to lose power it just acts like I'm trying to run through a wall... rpms stay the same but it just doesn't go anywhere. Unless I'm on flat ground. Would it be the hydraulic fluid that goes in the trans

  7. #7oz101220072024-02-03 09:16

    1st gear. Anytime I work it I keep her I 1st or 2nd. Unless I was needing it somewhere else I drive her take her to short distances

  8. #8Tinkerer2024-02-03 09:19

    Typical result of a defective torque convertor. If you don't have one, you need a service manual. It explains how to diagnose the problem

  9. #9oz101220072024-02-03 09:22

    Yeah ive ordered one its just not came in. The Manuel not the torque converter

  10. #10JBrady2024-02-05 10:38

    Like others have said, best case scenario, you are just trying to climb a hill in too high of a gear. Worst case scenario you have a burnt up torque converter. The service manual will tell you how to do a stall test to diagnose the torque converter. Here is the jist of it: