Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Bobcat counterweight system

Bentworker ยท 2008-12-15 22:27

Took these pictures at a yard belonging to a local fence contractor. Gotta give them an A+ for working with what they've got.

Replies7
  1. #1bigblueox2008-12-15 22:31

    i do give point for injunuity

  2. #2Stick Pro2008-12-15 23:57

    how do they open the back door

  3. #3KSSS2008-12-16 13:34

    It is an interesting idea. Somehow I am guessing the fluids don't get checked very often. I could have given more style points if they had used sandbags, tractor weights or a concrete block or something for the counterweight. Using rocks makes it look well really redneck. I am guessing next time around they get a bigger machine? I am assuming this is in Colorado?

  4. #4ddiiggy2008-12-16 13:38

    Is that for counterweight? or are they picking rocks and that is where they put them so they can still use the front?

  5. #574inchShovel2008-12-16 16:48

    I'm kinda thinking, (hoping) your right ddiiggy- I dont know alot about the fencing industry, but I would not think lift is a key factor for them

  6. #6Yellowdog2008-12-17 08:28

    Maybe they couldn't afford a toolcat? Looks handy..

  7. #7NWIN BEEKEEPER2008-12-17 09:45

    Bump - Gotta get my three. Interestng Idea. You do have to load and unload to access the engine though. I suppose it depends on what you use as to how hard or easy that is.