Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Bobcat S630 outworks the bigger S220

CEwriter ยท 2010-02-09 23:36

A Construction Equipment Field Test proved the slightly smaller S630 skid steer can deliver as much work or more than the larger S220. Despite a high-flow hydraulic horsepower disadvantage of 18 percent, the S630 beat the S220 in every test except one (where it matched the S220). Test operators tell us about the advantages they got from the new cab-forward design, instrumentation, and ergonomics offered by the first of the M-Series Bobcats. Video interviews detail each step of the test so the operators can tell you their impressions first-hand. Walk around the S630 with the skid steer product manager from Fargo and compare its cab, design, and serviceability features to the S220. Check it out.

Replies5
  1. #1JAZZY52010-02-10 23:26

    Bobcat piston mount I have a broken upper mount for the center piston. Do they make a replacement part for this repair?

  2. #2jimsbcs2010-02-17 22:00

    Ok this is weird, I just brought home a S630 from my Bobcat dealer in Minot, ND to try out for the weekend.(Last weekend) Put about 6 hours on it. I wanted to see if it was as good as my 05' S220, which I need to upgrade, it's got 3200 hrs on it. Here is my impression of the S630 It is not as good at pushing and will not pick as much as the S220, the hydrulics seem a little faster, but not enough to really notice. When I took the S630 back on Monday morning the first thing I told the dealer was " It's like my old 863 was" he had been telling it was going to be the same performance as my S220. It is not. It is a very nice machine, visibility is great, very nice cab, the thing started right up Monday morning, It was -20 and it didn't come with a soft plug heater. I really don't want to take a step backwards by buying a s630. Bobcat already quit making any new s220, so my dealer is trying to find me a new one on a Bobcat lot somewhere. Thinks he has, I'm crossing my fingers! Jim

  3. #3Homerun2010-02-26 20:59

    Oh man I love to trade my t250 to the new one, but with this bad economy I better watch and wait. LOL I think the bank is way harder on small business owners these days, that's what makes me think that in future might be even harder to trade my machine.

  4. #4HellcatS6502010-03-15 09:52

    jimsbcs, did your dealer find you an S220. If not have them call 715-537-9505. I really like the 220's, but the new M series sure has some nice features.

  5. #5jimsbcs2010-03-15 12:50

    Yes, they brought one up from Ill. It's sitting in Minot now, having them switch out my second aux. hydrulics for me then I'll go pick it up. Thanks anyways Jim