Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Bobcat T870/S870

CM1995 ยท 2010-07-07 09:25

Bobcat's newest, heaviest loader - http://www.bobcat.com/publicadmin/viewArticle.html?id=21772 http://digitalmagazinetechnology.co...07july&fp=53&title=July%202010#page=53&zoom=0

Replies4
  1. #1792DLC2010-07-08 01:09

    12' of lift. Wonder how long before they are out?

  2. #2Digdeep2010-07-08 14:55

    I used to sell the old Bobcat 963 and I just don't see much excitement for this large of a skid other than some niche applications like pilings. Actually...the new machine isn't that well positioned. The Mustang 2109 should have been it's primary competitor and they hada clean slate to work with, yet it only has 2" more lift height than the Mustang 2109, almost 10" less reach than the 2109, lower hydraulic flows than the 2109, smaller engine than the 2109, 3" inches shorter and virtually the same ROC as the 2109. :beatsme

  3. #3MXZ2010-07-09 18:06

    Great timing. Big CT's are about the quietest segment of the market right now. Would have thought an M-series update to the 185 class would have been a better strategic move on the part of BC.

  4. #4980C2010-07-15 01:00

    I used to love running the 953/963 machines on the farm when dad would bring one home, but I remember him saying many times that they were very poor sellers (which would be why they were discontinued, I guess). But they would move a lot of dirt or manure or whatever other larger job we needed one out there for. It was very nice that we had access to virtually any size/type of machine that Bobcat made while Dad was working there (he was very high up in the engineering department there for many, many years).