Anyone know anything about these machines? They are supposedly taking the 330d's place in 09'. I get mine tomorrow!!!! Traded in my 324d for 330d. When the 330d was being delivered the driver had the boom at 15'9" high and left the boom on one of the overpasses.... So Louisiana Machinery gave me the 336d instead. It supposedly has Smart Boom, and some sort of actuator that charges up when the boom is going down into the hole. Just going by the little information i could find and what my salesman tells me.
I'm envious! Once your new machine is ten years old, it might come into my price range.
Here ya go. I found this page on the machine. http://govbidspec.cat.com/cda/layout?m=40343&x=7
i wonder why cat is pushing all their machines a little bigger now? First the 324, then the 329, now the 336.....I assume more or less these replace the 322, 325 and 330. I know cat hoes are a little heavy, maybe theyre doing this to compete in the old weight classes? I know pound for pound you get more out of a Deere than you do a Cat.
From the specs it seems to be pretty heavy.
well the 330 D is pretty near a 40 ton machine depending on how its kitted out. They need to get back to where the model number acuratley describes weight or theyre underselling themselves. advertising a 40 ton machine as 30, 29 as 25 and so forth.
Besides the model improvements, this is one of the reasons why it was changed to 336. The 330 was already a 336 size class machine. They are trying to re-align the numbers to be more accurate.
i seen a bunch of those 336's on I-80, here in Illinois. They are a nice looking machine!
Dad gum I am jealous now. We have a zillion 330D's in are territory and I thought they were pretty new. Haven't even heard of the 336D and I thought I new about all the new stuff.
any pics yet?
Saw a 336D today rolling through town, am i off or do they look the same as the 330D? Is there much change at all or did they just change the number to finally match the weight?
does this mean we'll be seeing a 395??
Hoeman, I'm kinda worried....that model looks like it's in your bed..... BTB
I did some studing to prep for the new models and suprise I can't find a difference? There isn't a NPI that I have found nor is there any noticble difference in the Systems Operation portion of the service manual, HP is the smae weight seems to be the same. Anyone see anything else?
Not a 330 or 336 but there has just been an article on the new 345D QUOTE " The changes are not radical nor extensive .........." if similar tweaks ( as they put it ) have been made to the 330 to make the 336 it should be one hell of a machine.
336 and 329 are on Cats website now
Maby this men we are gona se numbers cut down one more time 329 is 66359 lb 30100 kg 190 hp 330 is 82673 lb 37500 kg 268 hp 336 is 80578.86 lb 36550 kg but 336 got 270 hp / Polar Bear
I run a new 336 40 hours a week for the last 3 months. Pound for pound I would take my old 325 back in a heart beat. Dont get me wrong the cab and controls are wonderful but the swing seems weak and the machine is light in the rear. Maybe a heavier counter weight. And doesn't seem to be able to lift as much as it should. I also ran a new 330 til the336 came in and I liked it better than the 336.