Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Any Mechanics?

Dozerboy2 ยท 2008-11-10 17:48

I have a 325L that is acting up. Boom, bucket and right hand track are slow. checked all the pressure.everything seems to be to specifications.no error codes. :beatsme

Replies5
  1. #1Xcopterdoc2008-11-10 18:11

    If your pressures are normal, then I would perform the cycle time tests for each circuit. If cycle times are slow, that would indicate a flow problem. Although I have limited Cat experience, on most others, if it is mistracking, it is likely a pump issue. Either the pump is worn out or it's not swashing enough. Then it would be onto a case drain test of the affected pump and check pilot pressures. Also make sure your suction screen filters are clean.

  2. #2cps2008-11-10 18:58

    I agree, even if your pressures are ok your pump flow maybe incorrect! you should have a flow test done, that will tell you more....

  3. #3Dozerboy22008-11-10 22:54

    thanks for the ideas. will perform a couple more test tomorrow. hopefully get it solved. cat technicians are not that easy to find where i live.

  4. #4Per Eriksson2008-11-11 17:12

    I'd bet you have problem in the pumpcontrol. You can try swapping the outputlines from the pumps if you want, then the left track should be the slower one. Then you can determine that it is the pumps acting up and nothing else. Whats your serial?

  5. #5Dozerboy22008-11-11 18:16

    never thought of swapping the output lines. but fortunately for me the problem fixed by itself. i'm guessing some dirt in the system or something. changed the swivel seals not too long ago. was hardly any seals left. must have gone into system somewhere.