Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Cat D4 LGP

southernman13 · 2022-08-01 18:55

We’re on a job where we’re using one at the moment. It had 22 hrs. That’s one bad mofo for a D4. Very impressive machine can only imagine what it cost. Id say 250k range. I don’t like emissions machines but I could get used to it pretty quick hehe. Very smooth and tons of power. Just sayin what a nice unit it is.

Replies9
  1. #1CM19952022-08-01 19:51

    The new Cat dozers are nice no doubt. For reference our '21 D3 was $160K with 5 year 5,000 EPTW+HYD+Tech. The D4 is the old D6K so it's probably north of $200K.

  2. #2southernman132022-08-01 19:57

    Tenfo I figured it was a d6k sized machine. Never been on a 6k but spec wise they close.

  3. #3Tyler d4c2022-08-01 20:54

    This brings to mind a ad I seen for a new d5r 4 or 5 years ago that was coming out I have yet to spot one

  4. #4CM19952022-08-02 08:49

    The new D5 is the old D6N. One of our local road builders had a brand new one a couple of months ago on a project. I think there is still a little drool on the drive side window of my truck..

  5. #5southernman132022-08-02 10:14

    Hehe that’s funny. I know there’s one for sale in Jackson Tennessee at snider equipment with 5 hrs. I don’t know how you acquired that but it’s brand new. Yeah I think the D6 in was one of the coolest looking dozers ever made that thing is bad azz

  6. #6CM19952022-08-02 10:16

    Bought a D6N XL with rippers new in 2006, one hell of a tractor. I'd love to have it back but don't need a dozer that large.

  7. #7southernman132022-08-02 10:33

    I gotcha. It’s hard for me to get rid of any equipment. Especially if I had bought it new. I’ve only been able to buy one new piece. A skid steer 97-2 well actually 2 a 95-2 that burnt up. Insurance bought the second lol I’m a quipment junkie lol. But I have hehe.

  8. #8Tyler d4c2022-08-02 12:30

    No this was about 2 years before the the no letter machines come about

  9. #9CM19952022-08-02 19:11

    I think Cat sold the older D6N as a D5R overseas for some reason. http://www.specsandbrochures.com/index.php?option=com_eshop&view=product&id=226&catid=3&Itemid=339