Found this on the Cat homepage today, ugly design in my opinion
I can't make out the lettering on the side to say what size machine it is....Makes me kinda think its in the area of the 345....maybe the 336D?
It may look ugly, but take notice in the height of the hood/counterweight area. It is elevated due to all of the new I4 Emissions equipment. Within the next few years all of the equipment will look different b/c of the amount of space the emissions equipment takes up. I am interested to see what the new backhoes look like....
I just really don't like the way it looks with the power edge decals
:beatsmeActually, I think all the 300 series machines are ugly. They are so simillar regardless of the respective brands. For my money, the old 200 series machines were the pinnacle of what a hoe should look like. It seems in our times now we have to make them so a broad would even feel comfortable in it.
I like it. Looks like an awesome machine. Things are going to start changing as far as design to accomadate the new equipment required to comply with the new standards that have to be meet. Along with the design changes will be a substancial cost increase. Progress don't you just love it.
Hello everyone, I think this is the new Caterpillar E-series, we see that surprises await us at Bauma 2010. A greeting.
the cost are going to be dramatic, significant increase @ 8-12%, plus the annual increase...... About the Power Edge, i wish they would incorporate more black instead of flooding it with yellow!
I'm thinking its a 336... 345 booms are a little more heafty. I agree wtih you pullpan... Cat's been going crazy with the yellow lately.
They got all the yellow on sale.........that's why they're using so much of it...lol.
ointlaugh:lmao
i heard the cabs are bigger now. i dont know if its true but i hope so a little more space would be fun. i dont know does the cab look bigger in the pic or is it just me?
i dunno i like it...i think that machine looks more like a 320 sized machine
I zoomed in the photo a lot and it says its a 336E. I'm curious about the future lineup of E series excavators. I hope the Tier 4 emissions stuff doesn't hurt the efficiency, reliability, and price too much though.
I betcha it still doesn't have a decent holder for a decent sized coffee mug
a very nice JCB at Intermat 2009
Yup, I was right. It's the new 336E excavator. Here's the official high resolution photo: http://twitpic.com/12mxrt/full Looks like they reduced the tail swing a tiny bit too (but less than it initially appears due to the taller body.
It is Caterpillar. It is supposed to be yellow. Not a fan of black here. Progress, Bull Crap!!! Up the emission standards? All that has ever done is increase the fuel consumption and the cost of the engine. Your government at work with our tax dollars. VOTE TO THROW ALL OF THE BUMS OUT AT EVERY LEVEL AT THE NEXT AND FUTURE ELECTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I think it looks great I like the elevated back section - it looks more 'Beffy" to me And the fact that it's alot of yellow.. well to me CAT is yellow.. I say.. pour it on!
We have you in advance, sultan, thanks for the input, anyway, here you have the other image is in the same place. http://twitpic.com/12myfp/full The truth is precious, we will see answered in the workplace. A greeting.
Wow thats kind of an ugly looking machine. But progress means something I guess. Lookin at the cab, kinda looks like inside it is pretty similar to the current D series cab. Wanna bet the radio is still in the back of the cab up high....wow thanks Cat,:beatsme I also see they left the right side mirror in the same place as the C series which means you can't see it...ever. What I do see are B series door handles in the cab for the front window. Hello... they got something right again. Although I think they did it with the D as well. The doors in the C's like to fall down a lot. B series front windows were great.
I agree that the Tier 4 emissions stuff is pretty stupid. Expecting engines to clean the environment is ridiculous. When you look at the big picture, I don't think it really helps the environment either. Making all that pollution gear requires energy and produces pollution. Replacing the machines more often requires a lot of energy and produces a lot of pollution. Making all the consumables for the pollution gear such as the extra filters and that 'AdBlue' stuff [that new tier 4 non-cat engines use] uses lots of energy and produces pollution. Plus all this gear is a pain in the but for reliability and for people like farmers who don't work their equipment full time and keep it for 30+ years. I pity those farmers in California who'll be forced to replace all their diesel equipment pretty much every five years. I've got tractors from the 60s and 70s that work great, and they don't smoke or do anything like that either. They barely do 200 hours an year. I'll be real mad if the CARB buggers come north of the border and tell me I can't use them. They aren't really doing the environment much good either.
Tier 4 Strategy It is a 336E. We saw one yesterday at Edwards on its way for field follow. They have not finalized the design, but they will keep all the aftertreatment inside the envelope on all of the machines, from skid steers to artic trucks. The one I saw was 12 inches higher in back, and the canopy looked to be a bit larger, too. No word on the official roll out, but all 300+ machines will be introduced with Tier 4 over the next three years. http://www.constructionequipment.com/article/CA6718846.html
more/better pics here http://forums.dhsdiecast.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=124690&p=2
Actually its about time they made them that way.Why shouldnt they look good be extremely comfortable quiet etc. Most operators spend more time in the cab then they do snuggled up next to their "honey" in bed. Heated seats....about time..bring on the standard sirius radio,chilled seats, etc....why should operators be in total comfort. A happy comfortable operator is a productive SAFE operator.
My hoe has a heated, air conditioned, massaging seat and a satellite radio....life is good, and it's no Cat.
Why not get a 5xxx Cat instead so you won't even have to do any work while you wait for the mechanics in cat comfort. Cats always win The midsize cats are my favourite machines. I dunno about the bigger ones though....
oh ya same hear heated seats ith the machine but the sirius I had to install...the sirius should come standard like some trucks do though
I dunno why I would downgrade to a Cat, especially a 5000 series. My cab is just as big and every bit as comfortable. Anything beats a Cat!
I would think that most would agree it looks alot better then a #2 shovel :cool2
i dont like the how it looks
What I meant when I said built for a broad was they take useful stuff off and put impractical items on. Why take the catwaks off, that is something I wont ever understand, on zero swing machines ok but as for coventional? And modes for operating parameters, total waste of money. Why do you think they dont really offer any without computerization? given the choice nobody would purchase one. Anything I can do today with a 325 cat I can do with a 225d lc from the early nineties, just as fast. :Banghead
Yup. The 200 series were plain looking. I like that. And the 200 series last longer than the new stuff. I alway liked the look of the 70s/80s stuff over tha new stuff. Oh well the 300s will have too work.