Anyone know what this is? Maybe some sort of fork lift attachment on a 924??
Not new... it's a custom product. I don't know whether I'm allowed to specify the customer -- can you tell me where you got the photos?
These were taken while going down the road in Illinois. It was loaded on a Keen Transportation truck. Looks like a fork lift attachment on a 924G. Reminds me of a vertical fork lift conversion that the forestry folks perform on wheel loaders to handle logs. The difference as it appears to me is that this set up would not have the capacity of a vertical fork lift since the load is being pushed away from the machine as it is raised. Even though the lift arms look quite a bit shorter than "normal" loader lift arms. Thanks for the clarification Tigerotor77W.:thumbsup
Keen completes the modifications on Cat equipment for different customers, this is probably one of their projects.
So what is the name of the mysterious attachment?
tiger he gave you the info you asked for!! cmon now i am gettin curious also...maybe just what the attachment is?? no specifics on company.... pleeease lol:Banghead
Sorry, my delayed reply wasn't because I was ignoring this thread, but rather because I simply didn't see it... Keen is Cat's transportation company -- they do most (I'm not sure if it's all) of Cat's hauling from factory to dealer. But I suppose it's public (and OLD! I didn't even know it was this old), so: http://www.claytonnews-star.com/news/2003073000593.html I was hoping that the article would have a picture so that I could at least show that I'm not crazy and making this up, but that will have to do for now -- unless one of you sneaks into Clayton to take a picture of the thing.
Uhhh...If I may be so bold as to ask, If it's for a military application, why is it not in a military color? I'd think Cat yellow would be tactically disadvantageous...
Maybe its yellow so the enemy won't think its a military forklift. Or maybe its actually an M-1 tank painted like a fork lift.
Good question... the only version I'd ever seen was painted in military drab.