Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

how to master a wheel loader (video)

9420pullpan ยท 2006-12-08 01:31

you have not mastered a wheel loader until you have done this... give it a couple of seconds till that mini cooper stops skating around those cones wheel loader video

Replies18
  1. #1rino14942006-12-08 06:12

    LOL, that is great

  2. #2Tigerotor77W2006-12-08 13:46

    Interesting... gotta be great for the axles! But seriously, in stuff like this, how does the operator get the machine to balance? (Same question for skid-steers.) I know it's skill, but is there something else? It'd seem possible only on a hydrostatic machine (no clutch etc)

  3. #3Wulf2006-12-08 17:24

    Yes Tigerotor, I would agree that the hydrostatic transmission will play a big part in the controllability of the loader. It should have a disclaimer.... professional stunt driver, closed course, do not attempt...blah blah blah because operating a loader in that position with it bouncing around like that makes me cringe. I know it happens to a less dramatic degree in the field but the articulation joint isn't really designed to carry the full weight of the rear of machine.

  4. #4digger242j2006-12-08 18:39

    I wonder if they didn't remove some weight from the rear of that machine? If it had counterweights, maybe they took them off, or something. I know that some machines are strong enough to pick up loads that are technically above their tipping weight, but if you were to lower the tipping weight even more by removing weight from the rear, you'd have better control over the smaller weight you'd need to have in the bucket. There'd be less stress overall then...

  5. #5Squizzy246B2006-12-09 11:51

    Iron ore slag is heavier as hell. A 980 will lift its hacienda off the ground with a full bucket of ore. Its sure good for waking up a truck driver when a 980 goes whizzing backwards by his cab on the front wheels only :bouncegri Sure glad someone found a use for a Komatsu Loader

  6. #6Jeff D.2006-12-10 14:08

    That's absolutely right Mr. Squizzy. Everyone knows they haven't built a good loader since the uh..............( I can hardly even bring myself to even say this ).........since the Hough.:bouncegri

  7. #7Wulf2006-12-10 14:47

    Don't ever try that with a 'domestic' loader boys and girls

  8. #8digger242j2006-12-10 16:28

    A Hough would never do that! Tell em, Jeff...

  9. #9Jeff D.2006-12-10 16:43

    That's right, they'de never do that! And they don't ever wear out either, so there!:wink2 That one looks like it could've been put through the wringer by the Mangler himself.......>Squizzy<. I read he's awful hard on wheel loaders. Tears the buckets off rental units and everything.

  10. #10Squizzy246B2006-12-11 04:17

    I didn't tear it off...it fell off...at a most inconvienient time I'll have you know. I found out some time later that the day before an operator dumped into a truck with that loader and the bucket went into the truck as well. Yep, and I'll guarantee that'll never happen with the Hough, although now Jeff's got himself a loader (of sorts ) I'm surprised there is any grades stakes left in North America......Time to invest in a surveying business I think.

  11. #11Jeff D.2006-12-11 10:18

    Hmm, I think I like my version better.

  12. #12Countryboy2006-12-11 22:11

    I can't ride a wheelie like that but I can pick the back end several feet off the ground in a 980G and not suck the seat up my butt. Wet GABC is heavy and with a full bucket the back end will easily come off the ground. Armor stone (14-18 ton boulder) is something else that will do it. As said before probably not good for the machine but when the boss man says put that rock on that car I make sure its safe then do what he says. Theres not to much that makes me uncomfortable if I know the machine.

  13. #13MetalDragon_boy2006-12-12 14:01

    If it had been a WA1200 I would have been impressed! :wink2 Seriosly that is impressive no matter what size of wheel loader! :notworthy But this is more impressive! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_uhvHuXjho

  14. #14Cat4202006-12-12 14:28

    This one was good too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9GOJt5mRIg&mode=related&search=

  15. #15MetalDragon_boy2006-12-12 14:33

    "Big wheels keep on turnin' Proud Mary keeps on burnin' Rollin', rollin', rollin'on the river" :yup

  16. #16Dozerboy2006-12-12 17:05

    Lol a rowing X now I have seen it all.

  17. #17Wulf2006-12-12 21:28

    LOL... that is hilarious... but he should attach a net to it and catch a few fish at the same time

  18. #18LowBoy2006-12-25 18:55

    Ya can't say them there trackhoes aren't versatile...:bouncegri