Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Cat track loaders

JimBruce42 ยท 2006-08-21 21:05

I heard that our company got a prototype for, what I can only assume is the new D-series Cat track loaders, last week. I haven't gotten to see it personally just yet, but here's some of what I've heard about them. (this is a 963 model) -The track frames are longer and have 2 carry rollers each -The front idler is thinner and have nubs, almost like the drive sprocket though not as aggressively -The bucket is closer to the tracks -The engine compartment slopes even more and ends almost even with the tracks Those are some of the bigger things i've heard. The operator apparently didn't like it because it's a little harder to see the bucket to grade with and apparently felt rougher too, but who knows I was just wondering though if anyone else has seen these new loaders?

Replies5
  1. #19420pullpan2006-08-21 23:20

    we need pics

  2. #29420pullpan2006-08-21 23:22

    so myers got one whos runnin it which crew has it ????

  3. #3rino14942006-08-22 06:25

    I concur

  4. #4JimBruce422006-08-23 20:54

    I will have to ask Bill tomorrow. I think he said it's at Marris (sp??) Grove. If I happen across it I'll be sure to get a photo, though I've heard H&K got a test machine as well from G&R.

  5. #59420pullpan2006-08-24 00:38

    have to check with my man at g/r and see where there at