We have 3 963C's and traded a 963B in on a leftover 2005. What an underpowered piece. IS it the new emmisions or do we just have a lemon. late 90 963's can run circles around the new one. On the new one the enigine is constantly pulling down underload. We traded the B in because we thought is was just tired but this one runs about the same as far as power goes. What do you guys think?
I didn't think the 05s had to meet emissions yet, how many hours? It may not be broken in.
it has around 500. it has a long way to go to run with the other machines. I know some motor will not perform to thier ability for a certain number of hours i'm hoping this may be the problem be cause it is not acceptable in my opinion.
Sounds fishy to me... I know the engine went down in power from the original 963C to the "963C Update," but I wasn't aware of a corresponding performance drop. You may want to check pressures and settings to make sure it's operating correctly -- because it seems like there's something awry.
At 500 hrs. it should be about as broke in as its going to get. I would get Cat out there if nothing else they should be able to "turn it up" some.
I'm going to get Cat out and tell them something must be done. It may be a fix as fails type of deal like i've seen in the AG side of Cat in the past. Thanks a bunch for the comments
Monford, I heard one of our 963 operators say similar things about their machine, they had one of the new updated c-series and said it didn't have as much power, when they would push into hard/packed material as the older c's and b's. Could be just bugs that need to get run out though. -Jim
Hello to all...I am from Greece and i have a company with trucks and excavators.i would like to buy a track loader and i want if someone knows or have a same loader to help me with information about problems,and everything want.The track loader is a caterpillar 963C 2000model with 13000hours for 42000euro.I think that has a lot of hours....do anyone knows about the hours who work good engine,pump and all parts for this machine???thanks for your time and i believe that i will find friends with same interests!!!
Welcome to the Forums Nikos!:drinkup That is alot of hours for a track loader. I don't know what the current exchange rate is but 42K Euros sounds high. Check out www.machinerytrader.com they have a track loader section. Machinery Trader is worldwide, so it can give you a handle on prices. I know that track loaders here in the 'States are going for peanuts. This is a link directly to the 953C's http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...x=exact&GUID=32CA147875264DD9B6670025010F6E15
I would rather run an HPCU machine or B model over a C anyday.
Something sounds fishy about your 63C. The 63C I was running had piles of power to get the job done. Check your tach on the dash, does the engine rev up consistantly when you step on the steering pedals? Or is it a problem with the hydrostat? The 63C I was running would run circles around the 63B we had.
Monford has probably got it worked out since this thread is 3 years old..:cool2 But there is an computer flash upgrade that will put more power to the tracks, especially when turning. I had Cat put it on my 953C when it was a year old. It speeds the engine up when you counter rotate the tracks. It made a big difference. Plus getting the tractor broke in.
Thanks for reply cm1995 but i dont have time and money to import a track loader now...i know that if i import a track loader i find a good track loader in good price but as i say no time no money because in greece must stay the machine 1 month to border .Although i am afraid for hours...here seller put another hours in monitor p.x a 17000hours put 7000hours and paint the machine so pay a lot and you buy a bad machine.I want if someone knows about the hours who works good engine,hydrostatic and pump..This machine work in rubbishes has 4-1 bucket 70%undercarriege,original paint and the price for greece is very good..here sells 955L 30000euro.
I understand the import issue with machines, it is a headache. It's interesting to see what the same piece of equipment sells for in different countries. I saw 2, 2000 963C's with ripper and cab with A/C advertised for $36K in the Machinery Trader. Does the machine have any repair reports? At 14k hours look to see when the final drives, hydro pump and engine were rebuilt/replaced. Also check the machine closely, especially the undercarriage, seals, rust, corrosion etc. Due to it working in rubbish and depending on what type of rubbish, there may be alot of corrosion due to the liquids (acids, etc) in the rubbish it has been working in. I am not much of a mechanic, just know the major parts.
963C for sale I have (2) 2005 CAT 963C for sale. Enclosed Cab , no rippers, 4000 hours each. Undercarraige is 60%. East Coast of US. I am asking for $95 each (USD)
Big thanks cm1995,although i want if someone know to tell me the working hours who tell caterpillar for engine,hydro pump and for finals....because the seller not knows if rebuild or replaced any items of machine...and i am afraid to spend my money for a bad machine.... Y,s Stevenl thanks but first of all i dont have so many money to buy a track loader and second i am from greece so i pay a lot of euros to transport.
963 no power I currently have 4 of the new 963cs and one 2000 model 963 and used to have 7 b models yes its a cat problem. the 2000 has 13000hrs on it and will out push out work any one of the new one o5 o6 o7 or o8 and the 73s well lots of power when there not in the shop. so iam trying to buy low hr 2000to2003 models.:Banghead
I know this doesn't really have anyhting to do with this post, but I was curious if anyone else has had the intake heater burn up and get the engine ECM wiring harness and boring the injector harness? If so is there a better way to remove the valve cover base without having to remove everything other than the seat and the acess panel underneith the seat? Because when I did it, I took off or well I should say that I took almost the hole top off the machine without taking the cab and back half off...I took fuel filter base, the muffler bracket off, air filter housing, air inlet tube..all just to get to the top of the engine. Thanks.
Nikos, I'm not sure what they have over there at your cat dealers, but here we keep track of all the items that we work on, and most machines get oil samples to check the wear and what not inside all the components. I'm not sure that answers your question..but other than that without someone really knowing what the machine has had done to it, I don't believe you'll know what has been done to the machine. I know if we work on the machine than we put in a service report and that goes to cat and they check it over to have a look at what we found...once more not sure that answers your question...
when i need to work on the engine/injectors i never work through the floor plate, it is easier to just remove the cab. Pulling the cab only takes just over an hour and it makes working on the engine so much easy.
I've noticed the same with my 2004 963c.although I've only had it for two days it did make wonder what was causing it!!
We had the same low power problem with our C's as well. We had Cat come out and turn the horsepower up on them.
Yes you arent the only one with that problem I have that problem to my loader has no power it wilnot get a full bucket of dirt with out a lot of working the bucket. When you step on the pedals the motor revs up and when you step on the pedal all the way the oppisite track does not go into in reverse. The service guy at work told me you have to reset the presure on the pumps at a like 500 to 800 hours because after a while the pumps get more flow than presure so they need more presure than flow but my company has an retard as a shop foreman so they wont let him do that.
Actually most of the time a counter-rotating issue is simply adjusting the parameters of the steering system. Had the same C/R problem on the 73 a couple years ago. One side was able to be reset, the other side needed a new electronic switch which is a std. Cat actuator. The 63C I was in last week had no shortage of power, getting a full bucket even with the quick attach was no problem. I know everyone rags on 63C's but the few I have tried weren't all that bad.