Was at my local Cat dealer[H.O. Penn] today and saw this beautiful new black tractor that had ''Cat'' logos all over.After I checked it out,the parts guy said it's a joint venture between Navistar and Cat.I took a pic on my cell phone.If anyone can tutor me slowly on the how to,I'll post it.
There is a tread discussing that cat was going to start selling trucks. I'm on the fence they don't look to bad but they're no KWs or Petes
The problem now with anything from Paccar is that you can't get Cat or Cummins engines in them, it's now Paccar's own design engine or nothing AFAIK. That has disaster written all over it IMO.
I heard that Cat will not produce on-road truck engines anymore (I assume parts, new and re-man. engines will be available for pre-emissions units). So I can see why you can't get a Cat motor in a Paccar truck. This is the first I have heard about the Cummins not being available, and that Paccar has developed their own engine. The Cat truck was unveiled a while ago (I think at last years Con-Expo) and I believe that it has a joint Cat-Navistar power plant. I like the looks of the truck. I have a friend who runs a water/vac truck outfit in the oil patch. He will not buy Paccar trucks...only Navistar. I know this may ruffle feathers but he says that he can not get KW and Pete trucks to hold up. He says that Navistar is the only place he can get the HD specs that he needs. His application is on lots of dirt roads.
According to our local KW dealer the only engine they will be offering from now on is the Paccar MX/PX-6/PX-8. However that could be because they are also a Cat dealer. Checking Paccar's web site they still list Cummins as an alternative power unit for class 8 trucks only but not for Class 5, 6, & 7 though ... According to the information I can find the biggest of the Paccar engines (MX) only goes up to 485 BHP which is why they probably also need Cummins for higher-horsepower applications. My apologies. Here's the pics from the other thread.