Has anyone had the chance to run one yet? What are your thoughts on them? What all did they change? Was looking at the 333d. Thanks for the info.
There is a lot of info about them on the Deere website now, specs and stuff. That might tell you about some of the changes that they have made, but as for running them I have not seen any at my dealer so far.
I have had a ct 332 on rent, it was excellent. Good power pretty mobile. I didnt like the controls, they were stiff. They do offer the pilot controls now so that probably isnt an issue any more. Also i didnt care for the seating position it seemed too low to the ground. I bought a new machine last year and ran a new 320 deere, it was nice but didnt over impress. For me personnally i would choose a couple of brands over the deere. First i would choose Cat (i think they are the best all around machine) next i would go with a bobcat or case. They are both great machines. If your not planning on selling it i would really take a good look at the Gehl/Mustang machines, they are a little cheaper and very nice bullet proof units. It really boils down to what you are used to running and what you plan to do with it. Just my two cents! hope this helps
From what I've been told, the D's are due to start shipping to dealers next week after quality control inspections on the initial production, so the shows last fall would have been the only chance to get in one for most people up to this point. Initial indications from the literature and other info I have seen is pretty impressive. Cab is altogether different and appears to rival Cat's. Lot's of new features and options. Reversing fan, auto idle, pattern selector, new cooling package, etc. Kept the good parts of the past machines and updated the areas people complained about. 333d should be an absolute animal. Definitely going to be worth a look and a demo when they start showing up on the lots.
MXZ my thoughts were the same on the 333d.
How much power do you guys think is too much power though? 90 HP is a lot of power for a skid it would seem, but for sure it should be a beast.
The Deeres have always been marginal when it comes to real hydraulic hp (not calculated- anyone's machine can look good on paper). I would have thought that they would have more engine torque, but I think that the extra engine hp will be beneficial from a hydraulic perspective. Hopefully, the new cooling package will be good too because they were barely adequate in continuous high flow applications.
333d The new fan is hydraulic drive,it also (optional) has a reversing feature with a timer. Its outside (sucker) As a Deere owner, the weak point on the 332 was the inside (pusher) fan would "bean" the radiator with debris and fold the fins over. Every other month I get a six pack of patience,pull it out and carefully fold all the flaps back open. Its a strong machine,becides,who doesnt need an excuse to hang out in the garage drinking beer ?? If you run it right, it dont overheat!!!! The cab door is pull out instead of overhead due to impossible sealing.. The guy at the hardware store will miss me. (weatherstripping) Steve, Dont give me any *@#* on this one, I have Mark Bergerons #
So are you planning on getting one of the new D's?
Deere D series Still waiting same as you guys. I was told they held them up for a short time. They were set to go 1st week of Jan. The other thing is I cant decide on controls. Resale is much better with hand controls, The built in function controls are cool, but I have been dancing with my feet for a long time. The local dealer canned the salesman,turned the only skidsteer mechanic into the parts guy and got rid of all skid stuff. Support is almost as important as the machine........ Keep you posted.
I would say go with what you are comfortable with. The new types of controls can be nice, but if you are not as comfortable with them than they are really not that good at least for you.
I have a new 329D. There is another active thread on the same subject. I would be happy to answer any questions.
There are three options on the D series for control - Foot pedals & hand levers, just hand levers, and then the EH Pilot controls. How is the boom/bucket controlled on the strictly hand levers option? Are they thumb switches on the handles?
esobofh: my machine has EH pilot controls. It has selectable H / ISO patterns. i believe the hand only controls use H controls similar to what you see on a lot of 332's