Has any one heard about the new loaders that deere is supposed to start producing next year? http://www.deere.com/en_US/cfd/construction/deere_const/newsroom/2008/081117_liebherr.html If they stop receiving liebherr loaders on the first of the year shouldn't they be close to a finished product soon?
You know... there is a member of this forum who could help us out with that. Now if he would just pipe up about it. He sent me a picture as a little teaser about the upcoming series.
Great, now i feel left out.
I've heard the new track loaders may be delayed because of the economy. Any word?
I wouldn't be surprised.
Burnout, Didn't you run a 950j a while back? How is the machine working out for you? Do you have any photos?
Here are a few pics of the new 755D, this was several months ago. I have got to say that this machine is much nicer than the Liebheer Version. It feels much more like a 963C/D.
Check the plates. It is still a Liebherr. The only difference is the engine and the paint. The 755 is the 634. Check it out.
Yeah I was in the 950J, I personally loved it. The machine had its issues like any other, mostly I was in disagreement with the cab. It's a pretty plain cab and some of the interior pieces felt cheap to me. I think if John Deere had a little more influence on the 9/1050's they would be by far a better machine more like the 850 and down machines. I no longer work for Waiward but they still have the 950 even though it sits most of the time. No one wants to use it because it's not a Cat. The Deere D series loaders are leaps and bounds a better machine than the C series or S series 2 machines were. But when it comes to track loaders Cat still rules the roost. But hopefully with the next series they get some things figured out. Number 1 would be that stupid Liebherr joystick they are using, go back to a normal one please, and the electronic float that has to be activated? C'mon what are you really gaining by having it electronically turned on? Personally I would have Liebherr build the machines if they want... but send them without a cab. Let JD build the cab, they do a good job, let them continue to do a good job. Same with the 9/1050 let JD build the cab!
I agree completely i have had a 950j on demo and unfortunately bought a 655c i like the machines but i feel that deere has let down one of there biggest fans with the liebherr line up. Cat makes a great machine but they can be over priced and they had the majority of crawler loaders on the market. I was verry excited when they came out with the new crawlers but unfoirtunately there was no deere put into them except for the paint. I have gone through a motor on our 655 already and colapesd the hyd filter due to cold weather starting, it has been a huge problem machine from the start, not to mention how the wireing harness can short out and run over a manhole and fill it full of dirt. or how the electric sensors on the steering pedals get bunged up with mud and it doesn't steer rite at all. I have had alot of problems with the liebherr name and now im shocked to see that deere is buying their small wheel loaders and doing the same thing, i know cause i tried one,also not impressive . I would love to see one of these macines come as a demo and see if someone fixed the problems with them. And i hope someone at deere is embarrased with the old machines . ill put a pic of it on here just to make this thread a bit more colorful
Deere should consider installing their 9.0 liter straight six in the 950j and 13.5 liter straight six in the 1050j. They have already adapted their 6.8 liter to the 755D track loader. Maybe its cost prohibitive to keep them on hand at the Telfes Austria factory. I believe Deere markets their powertrains in Europe, as well as Ag Equipment, so they have distribution. I agree on the cabs. Deere should build cabs for 950j and 1050j as well.
Well like the story says.... Deere will build their own track loaders coming soon. I for one will be very ready to see them and try one out if possible. I know I will never see one where I work because we are pretty dead set on 973's and I finally got a book on the 73D the other day. But if Deere can do a good job with the new 655/755 that will be a big jump. I don't have love for the 755C Series II but the time I did spend in one I will admit.... that mother pushed goooooood for its size. I imagine a 755 will outpush a 963 in most respects but the 63 still has history of being reliable. Now if JD wanted to step into the 4.5yd track loader game I would be more than happy to put it through its paces.
What do you know about track loaders anyway lol
Not much lol
I missed that the 755D had real Deere powerplants in them. Come on guys, its the new year and nobody's got any info yet. I'd settle for what color they'll be.
Thar be pics cruising around. The loader is black I can tell you that. I was asked by my associate to not show this picture but..... here it goes. Here is the secret 755 they have been testing out. It's not far from production but he said that most likely the big chance will be chrome stack.
haha awesome i like how deere has gone back to their roots making heavy duty farm equipment
New Deere Track Loader This one has black ROPS and its never been in the dirt!
it means that it is sitting in a pen and looks like it has been pushing manure Making it a heavy duty tractor
Nahh thats just the super duper secret testing facility. I had to sneak in there to find the place.
Alright I got you. LOL
haha yea you had to wach out so u didnt get run over by any cow's, security was tight there EH
Well in all fairness.... I did have a red hat on.:drinkup
Some of the reason you didn't see a deere engine in a 9/1050J and a 450Dlc was due to emissions. But the D-loader you see above is the same thing for now that deere is suppose to start building in the states. Just like how the trucks moved up here and the side shift backhoes moved south. If deere can ever break deeper into these new markets that they are tryiing to you better believe the product will continue to get better. A 1050 or 1150 with a 6135H in her would be one hell of a machine!!:thumbsup
It would make sense for Deere to standardize powertrains. (Although it may not be economically feasible to do so at this time). For example, a 450DLC Hoe has an Isuzu Engine, a 400D ADT a Mercedes engine, a 1050J Dozer a Liebherr engine, and an 844K a Deere engine. A contractor using larger Deere equipment would have four different brands of powertrain to maintain. I believe the 6135H would fit in the 450D and 1050J, not 400D ADT. The 6135H is an inline six and is to long to fit under the hood, requiring a more compact V6.
You could drop the 6135H in the 400D. There is lots of room up there. Cat has a big I-6 in the 740 and the front end of that truck is shorter than the 400. There is easily enough room, its whether Deere wants to give up the mercedes engine in the truck. As for streamlining engines Deere has done that, the first step was the 450. Emissions are a big part of the game now, and its going to be interesting to see what everyone does.
The 450D through 850 D excavators all use an Isuzu 15.7 liter engine. The older 450 C series excavator used the 6125H. The 350D on down to the 120D are fitted with Deere engines. I believe the 225D uses an Isuzu. I am not sure about the smaller excavators. Your probably right on the ADT. The smaller 250-300 ADTs use Funk transmissions, the 350-400 uses Allison. Maybe the Deere engine doesn't mate up to the Allison tranmission at this time, so they need to keep the Mercedes. I am interested to see what Conexpo 2011 will bring in terms of updates.
Mating the Deere to the Allison is just a matter of an adaptor. It's the same science that has been swapping SBC into Jeeps for 20yrs. Yes the 450C had the 12.5 but with them putting the Isuzu in both D series machines it allowed them to streamline.
Burnout, I learn something new every time I visit HEF! Thank you
You also have to consider volume. As the size of machine increases, the amount sold goes down, so the extra effort it takes to package a Deere engine into those larger machines just isn't worth the effort. You also have to consider more than just fitting the engines, its software, cooling packages etc...
Deere has upgraded the 250D-300D they now got a deere motor in them except for the big ones, its just taking deere alot longer than we think it should for them to incorporate their power trains into their new equipment
I was cruisin around Deere's website the other day and see that they have updated the D series trucks again. Granted it was late fall when the press release came out but they are calling them the D Series 2. They have updated the cab, as well as a std. payload system with indicators for the loading operator, a Central Tire Monitoring System and some updates to the cab. Didn't say much about the powertrain but the D series has been out what? 6yrs maybe 7 now? As for the engine, I got to thinkin about the engine for the 400. How big is that Mercedes engine? I know our 740 Cats run C18s. Does Deere have an engine in that displacement class to run 450-500hp? With ConExpo a year away does it seem like we're gonna be seeing a new truck? It's feelin like its gonna be a new show. The D series hoes have been out almost 5yrs since they introduced the first units, so I am hoping they have an E series hoe. I would bet it will be a 450 since the 45 ton hoe always seems to be the first updated machine in the line. I think we won't be waiting too long on a new truck.
The last i have heard deere has been prototyping their large engines for their equipment and for highway tractos But that was a year or so ago, They sure seem to take their sweet time with the developement and testing. I find it stupid to buy these other name brand machines and sell them well deere is still trying to figure out how to service and maintain them aswell as Try to install their power plant in those machines. Conexpo will be amazing next year cause everyone will have the new series of machines out. hopefuly like you say update from the excavators and im hoping to see a new series grader that will compete with a 14m not the retrofit 872G We will have to have a H.E.F meeting area at conexpo tho so we can all critisise and tear apart the new iron and our girlfriends and wifes will be able to do their own stuff togeather There is nothing worse than bringing your woman to con expo !
I as well would like to see a larger grader, but I'm not holding my breath. I would imagine the new track loaders should be ready for 2011, and a new truck would be nice. As for a HEF meeting... we had one in 08. I imagine we will be doing the same. I just left my lady at the hotel and she found her own things to do. Granted the night I ditched her to hang out with everyone was a sad night. The next day I paid for it dearly......
What new track loaders do you mean??the new d will be out for a while now before they change again. I know deere is slow on getting products out but they tend to check and recheck and check again on quality before something gets put out into production. Its cheaper before not after a product is launched to fix. The 6135H is capable of 600hp and more. The 6090h is capable as well of alot but the bigger a motor in a smaller of a machine the more reliable it usually is. Its not having to work as hard and rpm's and fuel consumption stay low.
I am sure the 6135 is capable of 600hp..... but as with trucks there is no replacement for displacement. HP is good, but torque is the name of the game. At 600hp is that 13.5 gonna drop the numbers that a C18 making 500hp is gonna pull? And with regards to the "new" track loaders. If you lookin the Deere website early last year they announced they will be building their own track loaders from now on instead of Liebherr. Which means... new series. On a side note I am on the Deere site right now... te top rated power is 600hp with 1881ft lbs of torque, and at 550hp is 1792ft lbs. I am also looking on Cats site, our 740E's have a C15 in them, I thought I remember the 18 being up front. It could work... but I'd still be looking for a bigger engine than the 13.5
True. But the 6090H can produce 1800ftlb of torque. Its kinda like the ol 7.3L in the fords. They didn't produce a lot of hp but they where a hell of a puller. And the true specs on the 6135 are lowballed by deere. I agree. I would love to see a big 16 or 18L Deere engine. A 18L with twins on the top, straight piped : drool The track loader deal is like the 605 deal. Everything is deere besides frame and being assembled in Austria via port Baltimore. Its going to work the same way with the 655/755's. Which as you already see deere is pretty much taken over with the loader already.
Read carefully. The new track loaders will have nothing to do with Liebherr.
I will say one thing for Deere... if the 655/755 end up as good as the 605.... it will be a good unit. Deere does nice work. I would say the low points in their lines are the machines they don't build.
I think deere is working on that perspective that they are just a paint and decal company. And I don't know but for some reason I have a feeling that there is something going on with them and Hitachi. Don't know what but something. I know its a lot to say but If I was deere this is what I would do. *Drop hitachi- Why? They have too many ppl linked to their machines. Too many pups trying to suck off the excavator ***.(alot to do with parts also)or possibly have controlling interest in construction equipment division *Buy BELL-Why? 3/4 to 7/8 of their product line is deere rebadged. Should be a great buy now with the way things are. Plus it would be a great time to get into that region. IT has alot of potential. Markets are somewhat growing.Plus bring their parts inventory up. *Liebherr-What?- keep growing with them. Seem to be a very stable and reliable company. Great products. Maybe a way for deere to get in to the mining if they choose( I know hitachi is too) Thats in the air *Letourneau- OOPPPSSS, well, you will have to find out yourself on that one.. * On a side note, I think yanmar and deere have more then just engines going on(sum n fishy with the mini's) ( I know hitachi makes them, but) *Needs to have a 90 to 100hp motor grader. like a champion or basic for the small guys and paving companies. I know this is getting off subject but what do ya'll think? Any other advise or comments??
The Mercedes V6 in the 400D is 11.95 liters. I was talking to some guys at the Deere exhibit during Conexpo 2008 and they told me the 6135 inline six was to long and wouldn't fit in the 350-400D chassis without making some modifications. The Mercedes V6 has compact dimensions, and fits easily. I am looking forward to seeing the new track loaders as well. I am assuming they will be built in Dubuque. This would allow Deere to share components with the 750-850 dozers. I wonder if Deere will use Liebherr designed mainframes, or their own design? If they used Liebherr designed mainframes with Deere components, they could theoretically build a 973 challenger by resurrecting the old Liebherr LR641 chassis. The design process would be similar to the 605C, which was based on the Liebherr LR611 but uses the Deere 650J LGP drivetrain. Burnout, you should be in one of their customer focus groups.
Deereman.... how is Deere a paint and decal company? I have seen you say this before and I would love some clarification on this? Deere builds their own Backhoes, the smaller Excavators, ADT's, 850 and down dozers, Wheel Loaders, Skid Steers, CTL's and Scrapers... i could be missing others but... I don't feel like doing a lot of thinking. Drop Hitachi? Really? I know we can't make fun of members on here but what kind of half cooked idea is that? I of all people loved the 90/92 series hoes. But we all know the new hitachi designed machines are leaps and bounds ahead. Deere/Hitachi does build the finest excavator out there, and this is coming from a guy who works for mainly CAT company. As for a 973 challenger... bring it. Like I said I have a friend at JD and I have told him/her that if they build one I want to be the first guy to beat on that loader. If I'm getting a Deere 955 I want 300hp...lol The 240hp I have now isn't enough.
Burnout I'm guessing you've never heard that before??And no I was not the one saying it but trying to clarify it someone else on here that did. Working at a deere dealer ship I heard it all. And there are a few out there that think that way. Even thoe the adts are built in the states, the first think out of ppls mouths are "thats a bell". And yes the new hoes are getting better by a load but it not all its not all hitachi. It works just like how the the 755d is, less deere then(755c) more deere now(755d) The point I'm getting to is seeing parts and pieces of hitachi everywhere in a different name and paint scheme.i.e. undercarriages on one brand and turntable on another( I guess a whole lot to do with parts) And say you want to see the return of an 855? WHAT? A 300 hp track loader?? you out your mind :drinkup A 240hp loader(i'm guessing thats a 73c or d is) isn't big enough for ya?? No seriously, does the 73's not do the job? What is it that you need that big of a loader? Not being a smarta** just wanting to know
I work for a company that runs quite a few 973's and no.... that machine doesn't quite have the oomph we could use. 300hp would be enough to get the job done I am sure of it. My ideal 973+ loader would be 5yd bucket, relatively the same footprint the current 73 has, like I said 300hp and the same maneuverablity the 73C has. As for what I do? I am sewer and water backfill. Here are my 2 former loaders. A 1999 973A with a 5.25yd bucket and a 2005 973C with its 4.2yd bucket.
Burnout is rite a 300hp loader would be awesome for backfill. you need a D8 but it has to be narrow enough to cut around manholes, and need's the hp to bulk the dirt in from up top. The 300hp would be a small marked but a justifiable one forsure. As for droping hitachi, Hitachi has been the tool that deere used to come out of the ag business and make them a big player in the construction industry. Run a 690A its 100%deere built. Run a 690d its hitachi built there is a huge improvement between the two, who is going to build the pumps and hydraulic system for these new machines that you want deere to build. Hitachi-deere make the best excavators on the market. If you had a good thing going IE (a excavator that Destroys a cat machine ) Why would you screw that up Buying bell on the other hand would be a good decission but if you were going to drop hitachi and manufacture your own excavators why not build your own trucks, they already have the powertrains in their graders and loaders. So whynot build your own trucks and tell bell to go pound sand, cause a adt is easier to build than a excavator. Liebherr is a company that i hope deere will distance themselves from because i have demod the crawler dozers and own their crawler loaders,and run their 344j All of them have been terrible machines, their 1050 wouldnt compete with our 7n. Not to mention the german parts and manuals. Look on Rock and dirt or auction sales the liebherr equipment that is sold under the deer name is worthless because it is a product that is designed for germany not for canada or the us. No one that i have talked to would buy another machine that was liebherr.
Man between Deeretime and Deereman... I am getting confused hahahahahahaha. Anyways as for the ADT's Deere is apparently going to design and build their own truck from what I have understood. Am I wrong on this one? As for the early 690's... my grandfather has a 690B/D/E and a 200. As for the 690D LC.... is it not still John Deere design and built? From memory the 690D still runs the Linde pump does it not? As for having a machine that would destroy a cat... I reference you to every hoe in the Deere line and its current Caterpillar competitor. I'll take a 200D over a 320D Liebherr..... I have had experience with a 950J and wow... it pushed like our 7R couldn't. And I still swear to this day that 950 had a bigger blade than the 8R... same with the ripper. The 950 was comfortable, easy to run, responsive and fun, what it wasn't was durable. That 950 is the only one in Edmonton and there is a reason. Even the Brandt salesman don't want to talk about that machine. If the dozers had some influence by JD... they would be a world class machine just like the smaller dozers are. My 973 is highly overworked as is... so more power please. As for a D8... we use those as well sometimes. They are a nice med size dozer IMO. Cat wouldn't sell too many of the 983 sized machines, but the Demolition guys still use the old ones. Landfill guys will buy em I imagine, and steel mills, and of course us haha. Deeretime what part of the province are you in?
Deeretime what part of the province are you in? Im by a little town called highriver its 30 min south of calgary. The 690 A is the only 100% deere excavator, form there up its hitachi im not sure on the pumps that they run in them cause i was only five when we had our D. deere might have just used their own motor and pump system for the d series and a hitachi frame and cab. But i do remember getting a 892elc which replaced our 892d and it was a way faster and smoother machine because of the hitachi influence on it. Is your 950 a J series or a c series because i demoed the c series and they may not have had the bugs worked out on it, but that one i wasnt impressed with, who knows they might be diferent now .
Because i don't want to type too much lets go with the things that Deere doesn't build. Excavators, ADT's, 950/1050 dozers, and Track loaders. Out of those 4 sounds like they are gonna start building 2 of them in the near future. They are not going to drop hitachi, it's just that simple. Hitachi brought deere into the excavator market. An example of how committed the two companies are to the partnership just look at DHSA division. Deere brought what they knew about swing machines and hitachi brought the meat and bones of excavators to bulid some truely awesome machines. And from everything i've heard and read about the reliability of the 950/1050 machines deer would have been better of terminating that part of the deere-liebherr contract too. I have never heard anything bad about the 244-344 loaders though. There are 2 244's and a 304 running around town working small pipe jobs and snow clearing in the winter.
The 950 Waiward has is a J series. Like I said its a nice and powerful machine.... just give me a better cab and some more Deere-ness out of it. I'll have to make it to highriver next time I am down to calgary, you seem like interesting folk...lol
Like the feedback so far. As far as hitachi goes I might be wrong but I guess I'm looking more from a global stand point and that there was some squabling going on between deeretachi. When this was going down it was rumored that deere was looking at buying daewoo when they where floating around....:beatsme when it comes to building your own trucks from scratch it would have eaten up alot of cash flow for r & d. More then you could know. Look at cat they just buy a company out and go gong hoe in which ever market is bringing in the doe at that time. The reason rebagged liebherr's don't bring nothing is cause ppl know what they are and are ALOT relucktant to try a new player. When the machine can prove itself maybe then they will open up.I really don't care what deere does as long as they build a good product and can back it up.
Deere stock Deere stock is going thru the roof, and I am loving it. If can't make money on the jobs, at least there is opportunity in the marche before it crashes big time.
There seems to be a misconception that Deere ADTs are not built here. I've toured the Davenport plant twice in recent years, and I can assure you they build/assemble the ADTs destined for North America there. If I remember correctly, when I toured the plant they had just installed a robotic paint booth that paints the dump bins. I was really cool to watch. If any of you ever get the opportunity to tour Davenport or Dubuque, do it. It is great experience. Deere builds the ADT's under license from Bell. Deere owns 29% of Bell. Bell in turn manufacturers Deere side shift backhoes. The Bell ADTs manufacturered in Germany or South Africa are a little different than those built in the USA, ie smooth dump bins vs, ribbed, mercedes engines across the board, different dump linkage. All companies, have to think globally to be successful in the future. Look at Cat, I believe 51% of their product is manufactured outside of the US. Cat bought DJB back in the 80's to break into the ADT market.
Bell ADT I suppose this doesn't belong on the track loader page.
Liebherr LR641 Ad a Deere Cab and controls, drivetrain, 6090H, Deere electronics package, let Burnout critique it, and Deere may have a 973 Challeneger. Vikes and Saints tied 14/14 at halftime, it's a nailbiter.
Let me save you the time of adding all that crap to that LB track loader... I have run one. Well at least I took it for a good rip at RB here. The visibility is poor for that size a machine, the hydraulics are SLOW... even compared to a 973 and they have slow hydraulics. The back end is awkward on the LB, lose the ripper since they can't get enough traction to use one anyways. I also dispise LB cabs with a passion. Oh yeah... electronic float is stupid. Make it a kickout like everyone else instead of a button. The controls feel stiff even compared to a 73A. The first time I jumped in a Deere/LB track loader I will admit I got all excited. I mean the front dash panel is really low to the floor.... but you still can't see anything. You don't sit as high as you can in the Cat cab when you jack the seat up. The steering pedals were also placed in a weird way as well. I like to sit comfortably with my joysticks close to me... but those pedals were places so far ahead the sticks were too close. I'll give it one thing over my 973 though.... the side windows open... thats a plus for me. But... the 973D has opening side windows too, and a cupholder. I am not a Cat man... but they listened and gave us the 3 things we wanted with the D series. A opening window, cupholder and the cab tilts again. Does the LB cab tilt? I also looked again.... the 641 runs pretty light. Our 73's all run in the 72-75000lb range with 110gal of fuel in em.
Right on.:drinkup Too bad it will be 2015 until I can buy myself a 953D.
! I'll have to make it to highriver next time I am down to calgary, you seem like interesting folk...lol[/QUOTE] Ill tell you what im coming to edmonton on feb 4th for a alberta onsite waste watter management ceminar so ill buy you a beer and you can show me some sureway iron!
I'm new here and have run the new 755d it is awsome. I currently have a 963b that we bought new and currently have 15000 hrs. I am looking at a 05 755c with 1600hrs and wondering if anyone here has run one. Felt like a good machine and for the price I cant go wrong.
I have run a 755C Series 2.......as much as I hate to say this.... stick with the Cat. Sorry but I have no love for the JD C series track loaders.
I have to agree, IMO the Deere 655C and 755C's are not good machines. The hydraulics are slow/lazy feeling and they steer awful. They are scary in close places....when you release a steering pedal, they don't react immediately, they keep steering in that direction for a brief amount of time.
I am using the machine in a demo landfill. I ran the machine for about an hr, and went from the d series to the c series and didn't notice to much diffence. I appreciate the feedback. This is a great site. The dealer said something about steering adjustments are needed on the c series if it doesn't respond right.
It's april, and i still haven't heard anything. What about the rest of you guys?
I hear plenty. This morning I heard the birds chirping... and the girlfriend moaning. Apparently I was supposed to wash the dishes.
So I'm a little confused here are the LB track loaders that Deere is using equipped with steering pedals instead of a joystick on the left hand side. Reason why I ask is a few years ago I worked for a crappy outfit here in Winnipeg and they had a few Liebherr track loaders but they all had joystick steering kinda like the Cat 939C hystat machines except not as nice. I'm not a big Cat fan but for the most part I think they've got the Track loaders down pat. I did run a few years back a D75S Komatsu and for the age of the machine it wasn't to bad I cant remember how it handled versus a Cat 977 but I did like the fact that it had a decelerator pedal. And when I worked for RayWalt in Edmonton they had D66S Komatsu track loaders but all the guys there running them hated them, they said they were gutless and the buckets were narrower than the width of the machine. What good is that in sewer and water backfill? I wonder what it would be like if Komatsu kept on producing track loaders and improved them with modern technology like wider buckets. lol
Would you belive Raywalt still has a D66S in their yard? Forget Komatsu Cat has the design down pretty good. Deere needs to improve the cab big time. Let Deere do it instead of the Europeans.
Lol somehow that doesn't surprise me. Do they still have that old Case 9020 excavator with the hopac? Or maybe those old Koehring 866's?
Yeah there is a 9020 in the yard. Haven't seen the Koehrings but there is an old 866E sitting on Whyte ave beside Gateway Blvd. How long did you work for them and how long ago?
I worked for them I think in 2000 or 2001 and I think for most of the summer till like October or something like that. I dont miss them though. lol
I bought the 05 755c decent machine but blue goose was right the steering is lazy. Other then that can't complain to much Cat does have this machine beat but for the price I paid couldn't go wrong lets hope it holds up. Plus my dealer has fixed anything that was wrong with it but they are checking to see if they can fix the steering.
Where do you think Cat tracked loaders are designed and built? It's all done in done in Grenoble, which is in France, near the Swiss border, a good few thousand miles from Peoria. I can give you the names of most of the design team, and all but two or three sound a bit European to me. On the Deere loaders; we don't get them over here, but I've been on the Liebherrs which I gather are basically the same machine, and I've found the opposite problem in that the steering responds too quickly. If the Deere's are like Cats, calibrating the steering can transform the machine.
I know exactly where the Cat loaders are designed. But it still gets a basic Cat cab. Well basic for track loaders anyways. I guess I have done a lot of bashing on the Deere/LB track loaders, and I am sure I have made my reasons clear but what the heck. The steering in the Deere or LB models isn't too fast for me. I do find it rather slow to respond and whats with the kickback? Every one I have been in kicked back when I let up on the pedal to straighten out. My old 973A did the same thing but I haven't felt a C or a D series do the same. Look at the cab of a C or even a D series JD/LB compared to the cabs on the C/D series Cats. The cab of the JD reminds me of a B series cat...except not as nice. Door handles are a big thing too... whats with the doors not closing in the Deere's? They also rattle and adjusting the striker doesn't seem to solve it like it does with my 73C. I can pick apart the Deere's all day I don't like them. The last 755C Series 2 I was in was less maneuverable than my 973A was.
Hi Burnout, I agree with what you say about the early Cat hystats, I found they sometimes oversteered or kicked when you released the pedal. I haven't found it with the newer models. By the way, really enjoyed your videos on YT. One thing you'd notice over here, very few tracked loaders left on general contracting work, and virtually all have the 4-in-1 fitted. I've only seen one 973 personally, though there are a few dotted round the good ol' U of K. I've operated two machines with GP buckets, one an International 100 over thirty years ago, and a 963D last year.
Just out of curiosity how come with Cat's smaller track loaders like the 939's they can have joystick steering but the larger end like the 953 and bigger they only have pedal steering? Would you guys prefer the joystick or are you happy with the way it is now?
Some of us old timers haven't gotten over not having separate clutch/brake steering, clutch lever and separate gear and forward/reverse levers. Cat do now offer the option of joystick control, they started to offer it around the same time Deere began to offer V-trans/pedal steer. Don't know if Liebherr are offering pedal steer or not. I prefer pedal steer, my feet get bored driving joystick.
Cat does now offere the joystick steer for the 9-3 series track loaders. I have tried a loader with the joystick steer and I was excited to get it just because it was new and fancy. After spending a couple hours on it, I realized I didn't like it. I for one prefer the foot steer, especially with the minimal effort the new machines have. For now I will stick with ih100's excuse... My feet get tired of driving a joystick. I have a lot of prejudice against the JD/LB machines. I am relatively new to track loaders, only been on them for 3yrs now, but I have managed to sock in a buttload of hours. My first track loader was a 973C with 40 hrs. I had that for the day then I got knocked into my first real loader which was a '99 973 with almost 20k hrs. Now my ride is an '06 973C with around 5k hrs. I love my 973's.
Shining some light on the subject of why I don't like the cabs in these loaders. YouTube - John Deere 755C Track Loader In Cab This is why I like the Cat interiors. YouTube - Caterpillar 973C Interior Ha I just noticed the preview for both videos is the same place... the loader control.
Nice boots, Burnout. I did find the Leibherrs had better visibility, if nothing else. My old 100 Loader had them all beat for visibilty - no cab.
I'm surprised at how craptacular that JD cab is. I was in a Liebherr trackhoe quite a few years ago and the cab was really nice except all the writing was in German. I remember seeing MAP sewer and water using forks and spoons on they're track loaders I never did understand why. Not even Taillaieu in Winnipeg does that with they're 973's and our ground conditions here in Winnipeg are way worse than Edmonton. What's Sureway using for wheel loaders? I hope they're not using those ancient 966C's anymore. Good video's by the way if you have a chance show the audience a deep ditch or even better a triple ditch.
Of course we're still usin the 966C's. Still about 4 or 5 of em in service. Most crews run new loaders now though, 966F and H's, WA450/480 Komatsu's, a Volvo 220 and I think a 972H
I like the videos bud but the only difference i can see is the price between the two machines, you get what you pay for obviously. Have you ever had electrical problems with the liebherrs ?. I would love to see the new 755D's and figure out if some one fixed some problems from the c's
New all deere crawler loaders The new all deere loaders will be available first quater of 2011 and they are going to blow the cats out of the water in just about every category. 605 will be same powertrain as current model but will be tier iii and built by deere. The 655 will be a 750j drivetrain essentially and the 755 will be the 850j driveline with the interm tier 4 emmission. They will be all deere and built in the crawler factory dubuque ia, usa
deereyellow, that sounds right in line from when they introduced the first 655 and 755. I'm still wondering if the ol 8's will come back to?
Define "blow the Cats out of the water". Have you operated all of these new Deeres, and have you operated the very newest Cats?
The new Deere crawler loaders will "blow cat out of the water" with the following -Proven complete powertrain systems that have been in use in the "J" dozers -Proven and customer selectable controls and componets for the entire machine, 80% of the machine componets are in use on current production machines. -Never Grease bucket/loader pin -Unequaled onboard diagnostics that are the best in the industry that give the customer more info and ability to fix there own machine than any other manufacture. -Accesability and serviceability that Cat does not currently understand. Just wait untill feb/mar 2011 go to your Deere dealer and ask to demo or better yet purchase a new 605K, 655K or 755K and see for yourself and then you should see/experience what I am telling you.
Is Deere going to give a lifetime warranty, no exclusions, on the "never grease bucket pins and bushings"?
Hahahaha, I wouldn't hold my breath...lol
For all you skeptics out there Deere has been using never grease pins in wheel loaders for approx. 5 years. Cat has them as well, I even have a customer that has put a set in his 963C to do a test. They are designed to last 7500 hours, I can't remember the exact warranty on the pins but I do know that they will warranty them for a period of time. The secret to the life is fairly inexpensive dust/dirt seal that if torn or damaged will need to be replaced. They will be an option so you can still grease if you would like. This is great technology that eliminates 10-15 minutes a day spent greasing or the once a week/month etc.
Yep, aware of that but still curious to see their warranty. I put the never grease pins into the 500 hour oil change engine category. When the manufacturer gives me an unlimited life cycle warranty, then I would consider it. Personally I think that not having to grease the two bucket pins but still having to hit the other parts doesn't save that much time anyway, plus it seems you will still have to inspect the dirt/dust seals, so you might as well just grease the bucket pins too. Maybe I'm old school but I want to grease the pins everyday for two reasons - One because I like to know the pin/bushing is lubricated and it also doubles as a general inspection of the machine as you hit all the zerks. A general walk-around in the morning and a grease/inspect in the evening, I think I'll stick to that.
If i remember right, the greaseless pins are an option on the wheel loader and would stay the same on the TL's.
Yeah I gotta agree with the 500hr oil change thing I've seen several 320C's blow turbocharger's because of this nonesense. My new Chevy truck wont put the oil change light till I think 10,000km's or something like that I'm not willing to test it out I keep changing my oil at 5,000. And for bucket pins especially on a loader that works in dirt, sand, and gravel not greasing them regularly is just asking for trouble. If your too lazy to grease a loader bucket pin then get an auto-grease system. I'd give John Deere a year or two before buying a brand new track loader same if it was Cat they always end up with bugs of one kind or another that only show up after the "new series" goes into production. Prototype testing is one thing, post production is a whole different barrel of monkeys.
The oil change interval in your Chevy is not based on mileage. It calculates how long a standard oil would take to degrade based on things like the amount of fuel burned, engine RPM, work load, and so on. Today's oils are capable of much more than those of years past. But if changing your oil more frequently makes you more comfortable, then go for it.
So they'll be 80% Leibherr then. Thanks for clearing that up. You still didn't say if you've operated these wonder-machines or the pre-production Tier IV interim Cat machines. I won't be able to pop into my Deere dealer for a demo in 2011 or any other year as they aren't sold in the UK.
Nope, deere and leibherr terminated their deal for track loaders. Not one bolt, nut or piece of steel will be leibherr. The 950 and 1050 will still be liebherr for now. :beatsme
Wow.... I go away for a couple days and you boys go wild about the new loaders lol. Never Grease Pins.... REALLY GOOD IDEA. Cat used to use them on the older loaders, C series loaders went to greaseable pins and it was a bad idea. They squeek like crazy even when you pump them twice a day. They get sloppy within 1000hrs and one side never takes grease. The older 73's had oil filled pins and they rocked. I don't know the exact service life of them but they were reliable to say the least. Blow the Cats out of the water? The D series cats fixed a lot of the big problems with the C models... including the tilt cab. Deere is known for stepping up their game when need be, but Cat stepped up as well. I would like to see Deere do it right but the Cat product is top notch.
Forgot to say my RANT starts now Burnout lol
Pins sloppy at 1K hours ehh? BO sounds to me like your company might have a maintenance issue or you guys are operating in some nasty silt/sand material. My 953C with 3700 hours has greasable pins. Although they are not as tight as new they are far from sloppy and they are the original pins. Never had a problem with either pin/bushing taking grease other than the occasional damaged zerk nipple. If the loader is ran for more than a couple of hours a day the bucket pins get a shot of grease. It has worked well for me so far and I prefer it for the reasons I stated in the previous post. Just my personal preference, that's why machines come in different colors.
Lol... well yeah you could say its some nasty material... and lots of bucket side loading :drinkup As for grease... they get plenty. The truck comes everyday shoots em full of grease and usually I was getting them myself after a few hours.
Time to wake up this old thread . i am just about ready to pull the trigger on a new track loader. looking at JD 655K and Cat 953D . getting prices on both . has any one had any time on a JD 655K ? looked the one over at con-ag show in vega . pretty nice loader . i know the 953D has be out for sometime now . any thoughts ? Thank You
I sat in that same loader at Conex too. Nice and comfortable but never ran one. As we were discussing the loader, Burnout told me I wouldn't like it as it's not as balanced as a 953C which I own. Haven't run one, so take that advice at will.
I haven't ran a 655k, newest Deere loader I have ran was a new 755 back in 2007, at the time out 2006 953c would out work the bigger 755. I don't know of they have improved, but I doubt a 655k is a better machine than a 953d.
I just looked at Deere website , either I read it wrong but the 655 is weighing 40,000 lbs , the 53 is like 32,000 lbs? Bucket capacity is smaller on the Deere? It does not look like the Leibher Deere twin for sure. Cat makes good equipment no doubt but I'm one of those guys that don't have to have Cat. These new Deere machines look pretty nice. The Leibher machines always seemed pretty solid.
34300/40600 both have 2.4 cu yd GP buckets.
My dealer delivered a new cat 953D today to demo . like what i see so far . quiet , quick and powerful ! Still waiting on Deere to sweetin there deal ?
Have the 953D's went Tier IV?
no CM1995 . they are still tier 3 ? which i am thinking is a good thing ? i am informed that they ( cat ) can buy credits to stay tier 3 long ?
That's a very good thing IMO. That's the reason I bought a used 321DLCR Tier III instead of a 320ELCR, didn't want the emissions bs to deal with.
Having been around tier 4 interim/final the last 3 years with def only i haven't had much trouble. Last year we had to put filters on the vent lines for the def tanks on the combines. The vent lines were introducing chaff into the tanks and causing problems. I may have left the cap off of one of them for a while, but all 3 had problems. I guess the tractor wasn't sucking down def fast enough to cause problems b/c it sees more chaff than the combines, even with my best efforts to minimize it. EGR/DPF based tier 4 i wouldn't touch with a ten foot stick tho. If you have to have def for tier 4 final any way i'd rather burn more def and only have scr.