Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

NEW DOZER

frankie · 2021-11-14 15:45

GOING TO BUY NEW DOZER FIRST QUARTER 22, GOING WANT 100 HP, ABOUT 22K WEIGHT LOOKING AT CASE 850 , DEERE 650, POSSIBLY CAT D3 ANY FEEDBACK?

Replies8
  1. #1skyking12021-11-14 15:53

    YES GET YOUR HEARING TESTED!

  2. #2Coaldust2021-11-14 16:02

    Good golly! Why is everyone yelling on a Sunday morning! You are making my tinnitus go EEEEEEE,......!

  3. #3melben2021-11-14 16:20

    Frankie, having the caps lock on and using all caps is considered the same as raising your voice and shouting, no one is disrespecting you and will be glad to assist, just turn the caps off. People who are new to forums often make this mistake so do not feel offended.

  4. #4mowingman2021-11-14 18:01

    A question you need to think about is: Which brand has the best local support for parts and service? All the mentioned brands can have good and bad machines. Your parts and service support will be super important. Jeff

  5. #5skyking12021-11-14 18:05

    ^ what he said. If you go to the expense of new you better have awesome close support for it.

  6. #6CM19952021-11-14 18:24

    Bought a new D3 (the old D5K) back in the summer and it's been great so far. LGP with full cab, A/C the works. Eventually going to outfit it with GPS. It's got a couple 100 hours on and the only issue we had was a leaking hydro connection the dealer fixed. I haven't ran it much but our superintendent loves it. It's well balanced better than our D5G. Thought we may have to put a winch or ripper on it help balance the tractor out but we didn't.

  7. #7farmerlund2021-11-14 20:47

    I have had 2 JD' s in that size. 650H and I currantly have a 700J. I have had very good reliability from both of them. The 700J has around 5500hrs on it with no major problems. I would defintly buy them again.

  8. #8Rihpper2021-11-15 19:20

    First off I’m a CAT fan. 99% of the parts we need are waiting in the drop box the next morning. My brother demoed a D1 and 450k. I ran them both and both are nice, with the 450k having a little more power but other than that the cat had better visibility, better controls, MUCH better cab and seat. EH seat mounted controls, and GPS ready. Overall a more modern comfortable and efficient machine. (My 2 cents) . He ordered the CAT