Looking at buying a new unit. Mostly as a toy and build and maintain a motocross track. I was quoted 108,000 for a 2021 650M with enclosed cab. Is this a good price and what other new units compare in size and price? The price seems pretty good to me so it actually concerns me that it's a low end inferior model. Pricing in this industry seems like a secret so I'm having trouble comparing.
[CITATION][/CITATION][QUOTE="dozer777, poste: ACHETE SVP UN BULLDOZER PONT LARGE LGP CA VA 10 FOIS MIEUX JE SUIS OPERATEUR DE BULLDOZER [email protected]
Do you have money burning a hole in your pocket? For $108K, you could get several very good condition machines to look after an MX track. You could have a dozer, skid steer/CTL, water truck, tractor and be well set up. A track loader like a 953 might be a good option as it can also carry material. A dozer alone isn't the ticket to maintaining an MX track. A skid steer/CTL lets you see exactly what you are doing and is great for general maintainence. A tractor with a 3pt. hitch allows for several implements to hooked on the back. A dozer also requires a lot more experience to be able to do exactly what you want. A dozer can also make a big mess in a hurry for the inexperienced.
The Case website compares it to a D3 Cat and a 450 Deere. It looks more like a D4. Cat is pretty pricy with their loaders, and excavators ,. So I'm guessing the dozers are the same. You need one of these. Made by Calder Bros in South Carolina.
I bought the Case 650M. So far so good. I Also have a Kubota Sv65 wheeled skid for small stuff.
....
its a nice looking dozer for sure, I hope it serves you well
Nice dozer. I would suggest not using the highest speed especially in reverse as it greatly accelerates undercarriage wear. You will be able to a lot with the dozer and skid steer.
I have usually been going forward in speed 5 or 6 and pushing in 4. Reverse in speed 7. I try to make gradual turns. I have the foot pedal setup to act as a clutch instead of a throttle down. Usually push the clutch in to change from forward to reverse. I'm new to dozers. Any operating suggestions are welcome. One thing I'm concerned about is that the undercarriage has a decent amount of mud on it. Is that a problem while the machine sits for a few weeks or no?
Not sure what your weather is like in Ohio, but here you need to clean the bulk of the mud off at the end of the day to keep it from freezing. That top roller will freeze, and if it stops turning you will get a flat spot. Just what ever you can get with a shovel. A gardeners spade is handy, short handle, narrow long blade. On our machines there is always some place to stash it on the machine
It's been unseasonably warm so far this winter. The machine is stored inside, but the building is not heated. I will make sure to keep the rollers cleaned of mud and especially freezing mud. Thanks.
That machine is hydrostatic so no need to throttle down before direction change. Also, I’m not sure how many speed settings the 650M has, but the larger Ms have 15 and I recall running forward pushing in 10 or 11. The M series will actually slow down with a serious load on the blade to prevent track slip…pretty neat to see in action.
Nice, i just had a new one delivered. I need to figure out how to adjust the sensitivities on steering, blade and shuttle. Must be set to aggressive from the factory……
Great information…there’s a place for the spade on the new 24 model