Ok I bought a new drive motor for the right side. When both levers are pushed forward or pulled back for reverse it works fine but if I just push the right side forward it moves but very slow. Also when going straight forward I have to hold back the left side so what is going on now what should I look for now
?????????? You replaced just the motor on a closed loop? You may have damaged the new motor from the contaminants when the pump failed. Good louck. There isn't a way to be cheap about this.
The problem is most likely the pump for that side. I believe this is a servo operated pump, correct? Probably wear in the slipper support swivel and pins along with servo piston seal leaking by.
Well each drive motor is powered by it's own drive pump so could be the real problem was the pump to begin with. Then again if something has failed or started wearing and putting junk in the system all pumps and motors will be exposed to the junk This includes hoses, lines and oil coolers along with hydraulic cylinders and control valves. Now if I understand your last comment that the slowness/weakness is only in the forward direction I'd be checking out the control section of the drive pump. To make sure everything is adjusted correctly and linkage is in good order.
Bill you must have been typing same time I was. That was part of what I was trying to say with the second part of my post:notworthy
I asked the hydraulic shop if the failed drive motor could have put shavings into the system, they said that the rotating group was just wore out so no contamination according to both shops I took it to. The pump for just that side how could I test for something like that?
So would I have to replace the whole drive pump or can I just replace or rebuild the one on the right side
If the motor was wore out then I would suspect that the pumps are at the point of needing servicing. It's a lot cheaper to do it before they fail than after.
If it were mine and I were going to keep it I would do both. They are not that difficult to rebuild.