Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Drive shaft install

wosama931b ยท 2013-08-28 17:10

Before i put the belly pan back on... I though that maybe replace the U-joints, no tellen how long they have been there and only one side wanted to take greese, and with all the greese coming out on that one end, made me think too much play. Here is a couple photo's of the shaft and parts.

Replies4
  1. #1wosama931b2013-08-28 19:13

    Hi HEF, a couple more photo.

  2. #2dillon452013-08-28 19:55

    I'm not quite sure what answer you're looking for, it appears you have purchased and installed the new U-joint. If you're asking should you replace the other one, I would say absolutely since you have the belly plate off and already replaced one.

  3. #3mitch5042013-08-28 21:02

    Uh,Sam.... are you sure you really should call that a drive shaft? Maybe a drive Block or a drive chunk?

  4. #4wosama931b2013-08-30 10:13

    Hi HEF, I got it back in yesterday, not as much trouble as i though, i got it as tight as i could, not sure how the pro's torque it down. sam.