In the newest issue of Construction Equipment magazine there is an article about the EPA wanting to propose even stricter emission controls on "ground level pollution" than were enacted in 2008. Ground level pollution is a government term for cars, trucks, all construction equipment as well as factories and power plants. The current limit for emissions is 75 parts per BILLION over 8 hours. The new limit would be 70 to 60 parts per billion over 8 hours. Do we really need massive government oversite,billions of wasted tax dollars and the rise in price of all new equipment all for a possible decrease of just 5 parts per BILLION?
I'm with you, the EPA is out of control and needs to be challenged. I've been trying to learn how they operate but there's not a lot of info out there. The Senators in my state will be of no help, they are patsies to the current administration.
How are they going to measure that? I know they can do it randomly or by an inspection station cert. Half the equipment in the country will be disabled if not more. Manufactures and dealers may like this! Time to get out of business and be an employee after 34 years
It also says in the article that the main reason (according to the EPA) for the proposed increase in regulation is to improve the respitory health of children. Anytime there is new regulation proposed it is always for the children regardless of how ridicules that argument is. It also says this regulation will save us tax payers (whom there is fewer of these days)) between $13 and $100 Billion a year in government health care costs. How do they arrive at that number? Thats a wide range that clearly shows they have no idea what this will cost and what the actual benefit will be.
So there's a fudge factor of $87 billion??? That alone should be an eye opener
Here in Calif. we are required to report our off road diesel engines to the air board and each machine is assigned a number or EIN for example the # for our grader is LA7W59 this is to have 3" white letters on a red background displayed on the RH. side of the machine approx 5' from the ground. The tier rating of the machines engine is incorporated into the number so if an air district employee drives by the job he can tell the tier rating and ownership of the machines. If there is a permit involved the air board knows about the job, if you are making dust the sticker will tell them the owner. If you do not have stickers you are in violation subject to fines. On top of every contractor scrambling for work and underbidding each other we have the ARB to deal with:Banghead
no clue how anyone is existing in CA at the moment
I like how the biggest problem we have is what few machines the country has left running on a daily basis. Good job big gov. thanks for helping us out...
The members of the "Green Church" can not allow any other view then their own. No matter if facts prove them wrong or theories are found to be useless fantasy. We in California have the High Priestess of the Green Church in Mary Nichols, Chairperson of the California Air Resources Board. I will be a happy man when CO2 is found not to be a Hazardous Material and PM2.5 is found not to be killing thousands of people and causing hundreds of thousands of kids to have lung problems due to diesel smoke. I know this to be true, but the members of the "Green Church" call me a heretic. Oh well. The truth will win out (I hope). Rod Michaelson Moderator of http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/CARBoffroaddiesel/
Rod Can you post a copy of Skip Brown's letter to the board? It is very eye opening. In fact, it will make most reasonable people who read it see red at the lengths the green crowd will go to protect their little kingdom they have created. I am with you, lets let the truth be heard.
Jerry, Not sure I know how to copy the whole 16 page letter on the board. It is in PDF format. If you can figure out how to do it, please do. I'm sure Skip would be pleased. I spent the time to read all sixteen pages tonight. He did a fantastic job showing how completely ridiculous this how thing has become. For those who are interested in what is really happening here in California, look for "The CARB house of Cards", by Skip Brown, President of Delta Construction. The text will be posted here to the list in the next day or so with Jerry's help. Rod Michaelson - moderator of http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/CARBoffroaddiesel/
I'm starting to be more worried about the emissions stuff as there is talk Wisconsin might adopt some of California's rules.
Well, I tried several ways, no luck yet. Even tried breaking it into one pahe increments. Still too much to post. I know you will all get tired of this, but reading it is a huge wake up call. Maybe a link will work. http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/CARBoffroaddiesel/files/ Look at the file "CARB's House of Cards"
To enjoy this Web-only feature of CARBoffroaddiesel, you need to enable Web Access. With Web Access, you'll enjoy your group's online photos, polls, links, message archive search, and more! Get Web Access to CARBoffroaddiesel If you already receive email from CARBoffroaddiesel, it's easy to get Web Access and make your Yahoo! Group experience complete. To activate Web Access for CARBoffroaddiesel, click "Get Started Now". Not a Member of CARBoffroaddiesel? If you are not currently a member of CARBoffroaddiesel, join this group now. This is where the link brought me.
Well, I guess it is in a members only area. I tried posting it as a pdf, but it is waaaay too big, tried breaking it down to one page at a time, and it is still too big, and because it is a pdf, I can't cut and past it either. I have ran out of my limited computer skills to get this important info to light. Last resort would be to sign up for that Yahoo group. I did a while back when I got directed there from some discussion or another. It was a good call, and filled with good info for us poor folks stuck with CARB here in CA.
Thanks Jerry. For those worried about "joining things", Yahoo groups are not tied into spamm that I can tell. I moderate the group. In other words, I approve posts and members to keep spam and sales and marketing people out. Your opionions and thoughts are posted no matter the side of the discussion you are on. I have the option of making comments to posts. That is how a Yahoo group works. You can have a "tag" name just like here. http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/CARBoffroaddiesel/ "A Fresh Look" by AGC and "CARB a house of cards" by Skip Brown are both under files. If you are in heavy civil-engineering construction, IMHO it is worth the effort to join. Rod Michaelson Creator and moderator CARBoffroad diesel also blogging California's situation at: http://endangeredfreemarketcapitalist.blogspot.com