Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New excavator price

fatmanindiana · 2013-01-16 08:15

I'm looking to buy a 20-tonner, CAT/Komatsu/Hitachi/Hyundai/Kobelco Any idea about the final prices? US & Canada thanks!!

Replies21
  1. #1CRAFT2013-01-16 14:30

    Hmmmm ??? …. That's a pretty broad question …… like asking "How Much is A Used CAR" …… maybe you could narrow it down a BIT !

  2. #2Hendrik2013-01-16 20:29

    You're gonna have to ask the dealer that question. For instance what boom configuration do you need, what bucket/s? Then there may be taxes, dealer delivery and shipping charges.

  3. #3Matt_H2013-01-16 21:54

    2012 volvo 220d hydraulic couple 36''/60'' prolink thumb full load machine $217,000CDN plus taxes bought a new volvo 210C in 2010 was right in that 195,000 area

  4. #4fatmanindiana2013-01-17 01:44

    Was looking for the standard configuration, std boom stick, 1.2 cu.yd bucket, no maintenance contract or shipping charges. Sure, the dealer charges could vary too I guess, and Thanks Matt, kind of what i was looking for!

  5. #5roddyo2013-01-17 02:28

    I want to think standard 225 doosans were advertised at $122,000.00 on machinery trader.

  6. #6BRIEV72013-01-17 09:22

    I 've an idea about price more expensive to less one: 1- CAT 2-HITACHI or JOHN DEERE same for less than 35T 3-KOMATSU 4-HYUNDAI 5-KOBELCO technically all machines are same ,but the quality is another items.If you went the best ,I think you know price spongebob:spongebob:spongebob

  7. #7pf/l2013-01-18 19:38

    Got a few prices in the last 6 months. New 200 hitachi's were coming in around 200 without a thumb. Never did get a exact number from them. New 160 Hitachi was 155-160,000 can't remember off the top of my head. That had two buckets and a thumb. Had some left in Alberta and they were cleaing them out. New 290 now all dressed up was just about 300,000 Ryan

  8. #8cutting edge2013-01-20 01:09

    You can pretty much take the model designation and add three zeros for a bone stock hoe,for anything worth buying.

  9. #9SPMiller2013-01-21 02:43

    What this guy said^ Kobelcos is going to be your lower end at around 150 Komatsu inbetween, Deere somewhere just below Hitachi and Cat pricing of around 210 for a bare 200 sized machine. That's one bucket, manual quick change, and thats it. Atleast around here. Add in catwalks, second bucket, good quick coupler. 250. Really depends why you want a new excavator, and dealer network available to you. The dollar factor for equipment shouldn't be your biggest concern.

  10. #10fatmanindiana2013-01-22 00:34

    Well, tough times demand more juice for the buck I tend to agree that technology is similar between different makes and should have no problem with any model for the 1st 2 years atleast, for easy clearing jobs

  11. #11dneedelman2013-01-23 13:30

    My company did a demo between a Cat 320EL RR & a Deere 210LG & the Cat really impressed us. The cat burned 1/2 the fuel the Deere did & was able to out lift the Deere even at full extension. I think the Cat was $215K & the Deere was $190K. I like you thought they were all the same but with Diesel still around $4 a gallon here in California we went with the Cat for fuel, production, service & resale. Good luck on your purchase

  12. #12alanmurfee2013-01-24 03:28

    It's really difficult to tell a price for escavator because it depends on your dealer, location and model. The average price of 20 tons escavator generally range in price from $100,000 to $200,000.

  13. #13CM19952013-01-24 06:58

    Dealer priced me a 320EL with std. boom and stick, manual Cat thumb - $198K. 3YR, 3K hour drivetrain+hyd warranty.

  14. #140u8122013-10-29 19:30

    I prefer komatsu excavators. They are smooth and very strong. Also, your wallet does not seem to hurt AS BAD when you buy parts. Also, if you buy a new cat machine your stuck with the K series teeth which are expensive if your looking for economically feasible serviceability. where as with komatsu the teeth and filters are available everywhere (since the esco patient got lifted).

  15. #15dneedelman2013-10-29 23:49

    I think it depends where you are in the country. Out here in California Komatsu has no real dealer network so there parts availability sucks. We looked at them & Volvo but both cost more to service than the Cat did. I was suprised to see that.

  16. #16finaldrive2013-10-30 11:05

    Interesting comment/experience. I'm in Cali and we work closely with Road Machinery and the support of Komatsu. What company were you dealing with that left you feeling that parts availability sucks?

  17. #17Deereman2013-11-10 23:40

    Do you mean to say 210G LC or 210G? Were the machines equipped exactly the same? Machines perform same duties? Machines start with same amount of fuel? Just curious good or bad?

  18. #18Volvoec20blc2013-11-12 06:28

    I just bought a Volvo ec220dl retail at 187,000. Got it with 450 hrs for 172,000. Back in 2007 I rented a 07 Volvo 210cl and it retailed for 147,000 . What the heck happened in that 6 years for a 40,000 price jump? Is it all the emission bs?

  19. #19MrElectric032013-11-16 17:12

    I'm also curious what Komatsu dealer you've dealt with. Depending on where you are in the state you are either dealing with Road Machinery or Clairmont Equipment. If you've had a negative experience with Road Machinery I'd sure like to hear about it. The customers we have that have switched from Cat to Komatsu always rave about the fuel savings. We also have a large rental fleet they are trying to push right now, why not rent one and try it yourself? I appreciate the honorable mention, we've put a lot of hard work in and it means a lot that we've made enough of an impact to be mentioned.

  20. #20oceanobob2013-11-16 21:00

    On the central coast of California, you either have Cat or you might like JD. Case dealer pulled out a while back but a new firm is re-establishing the brand. Oh and there are Kubota, Bobcat and I think Gehl: but this group is not the mfgs for the heavier iron. "Here" is a long drive from somewhere else....

  21. #21jreid2014-01-23 21:21

    should have tried out the Volvo, my ECR 235 was 35% lower fuel consumption than the Cat 320