Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Ford 4500 Owner

AJP ยท 2011-03-06 13:26

Hello, I just purchased a 1972 Ford 4500. It appears in reasonalbe condition, and started up and all parts moved on a cold WNY day. My questions are. 1) Were can I get a parts or service manual on a CD? 2) Is there a Website that will tell me exactly what model I have based on the serial number? 3) Other than a total fluids checks, what area's of the backhoe would you check for excessive wear or maintance before you begin working with it? Thanks AJ

Replies86
  1. #1shopteacher 12011-03-06 19:03

    Welcome! I too have a 4500 backhoe. I bought a manual from Jensales. It is a reproduction and the photos are not real clear, but it works. I have not seen one on CD. Occasionally you will see used ones on e-bay or craigslist. I would try for a used one in good condition as the illustrations will be better. As far as a parts diagram, if you go to the New Holland website, the have parts manuals on line. You will have to look at the ford 4500 industrial tractor. I have not looked for the backhoe and loader. Under the hood of your tractor you will find a serial plate that will have serial number and so forth. If you post all of that information I can look in my service manual and define it for you. As for the backhoe, look at all of the pin and make sure they are tight. Make sure you have all of the teeth on the hoe. Look at your hoses. Several people have different theories on hoses. I bought an old machine and could have spent a lot of money replacing all of the hoses. What I have done is I replaced the ones that had the outer covering coming off. I did not throw them away, they are in a tool box on my trailer as spares in case I blow a hose. So far this has worked out well. Initially, I replaced four hoses and since then have replace two more. Because I had spares, I was never in a situation of not being able to use or move the hoe. I would replace all of the filters, including the fuel filter. John

  2. #2AJP2011-03-06 19:09

    Thanks for the insight John, I will get the serial number and post it.

  3. #3shopteacher 12011-03-06 21:26

    Give me all of the numbers on the serial plate, not just the serial number.

  4. #4AJP2011-03-07 17:27

    Well here are the numbers off the exterior plate Serial # D559449 Component # 19-501 Does this help?

  5. #5daman2011-03-09 13:09

    Is yours a TLB or just TL?? i have a few OEM manuals laying around if your interested.

  6. #6AJP2011-03-09 17:27

    Mine is a industrial loader backhoe, I'd love to purchase wany manuals you have. Thanks

  7. #7daman2011-03-09 18:34

    You'll have the 740 loader and 753 or 755 hoe,let me see what i have... can you post any pics of the ol girl? TLB= Tractor loader backhoe TL= Tractor loader

  8. #8AJP2011-03-09 20:27
  9. #9AJP2011-03-10 18:17

    I think I figured it out. Model # D5011F Engine # 1-19A Tran# M20B Serial # C828000 Hoe # 7706550 850E Heavy Duty Special So I think it is a 1972 4500 Industrail Diesal with no PTO 4/4 TC Power REversing Tranmission. Any Thoughts?

  10. #10daman2011-03-12 13:41

    Ok i just looked through my stuff and all i have for your unit would be a service manual for your loader(740) this is a nice manual OEM Ford not a run off POS copy, it has good information on pressure checks and specs and other stuff. i have a supplement for the 755 auto dig but with out the main manual it's of no use really i also have a 765 hoe manual if any one needs that. anyway here are some pics let me know if you want it $30 shipped in the states..

  11. #11goodaggie2011-04-08 21:08

    does anybody know best place to get an engine gasket kit for the Ford 4500 3 cylinder diesel. THX

  12. #12thahn16082011-04-17 08:08

    I just bought a 550 tlb. It has 2 hours on a rebuilt motor complete with new crank. The rear hoe controls have all new bushing and such, and a few new hoses. Mine came with the manuals and a slew of extra parts. My question is: How easy is it to disconnect the hoe? I would like to change out the main hydraulic lines to the hoe, but I'm pretty sure I have to take it off to do so. Any suggestions?

  13. #13thahn16082011-04-17 08:13

    I forgot to ask if anyone knows where to get some front end weights? Unloading the 550 off the trailer yesterday I about flipped it coming off backwards! The blessed machine did a rear hand stand and I was left driving with the left and right brake pedals! I'm thinking it could use a little help. Any ideas other than custom making some weights?

  14. #14willie592011-04-17 10:32

    Welcome to the forum thahn1608. You really should start a thread about your questions. You're asking for advice about different things concerning a Ford 550 but these posts are tucked away in two threads about a Ford 4500. You may get better chances for advice if you start a new thread about your 550.

  15. #154500GUY2011-06-12 23:00

    Hey Guys, I'm new to the forum. Inherited a 1975 Ford 4500 Diesel TLB. Great machine in good condition. I'm currently rebuilding the front end to fix the steering and doing a lot of cleaning & repainting as I go. I have a question regarding the CAV injection pump. She starts fine when cold and runs great. Trying to start hot is sometimes a problem. Head & rotor?? What's your thoughts? Thanks!

  16. #16Brownie2011-07-03 19:00

    I bought a 4500 a month ago and it's been testing me. From what I figure out from the serial number it's a 1966. tranny has four forward and four reverse. First I had to rebuild the starter, then pull the fuel tank. Steering wheel wouldn't come off so the entire shaft had to be pulled. It's not going to beat me. Tank cleaned, patched and lined. Next the rear controls for the hoe are sloppy. Bushing and seals may be gone. I can't find the plate for the hoe. Not sure if it's a 753 or 755. Can anyone steer me in the proper direction? AJP I'm feeling your pain, but hang in there. These are well built for their age and todays new hoes aren't. Cheers Brownie

  17. #174500GUY2011-07-04 21:13

    Hey Brownie, I have a 4500 with the 753 (13') hoe. Take a look at the anchor pins where the lift & crowd cylinders are attached to the heavy gusseted block. The pins on the 753 are mounted much closer together than the 755.

  18. #18CraigS2011-07-07 00:20

    Hi Guys, I just joined the forum hoping to gain some knowledge on my Ford (i beleive to be 4500 industrial tractor). Basically I am seeking some expert help on identifying exactly what tractor I have so I can then obtain the relevant service and parts manuals. So I am hoping someone can help me with identification So from my tractor i have the following data; Serial Number: RL02690 Loader: 19640 Made in France Tractor Number: A307691 Model:KD2???? (rest is unreadable from plate) Unit: 6H04B Transmission: 6G050 I beleive this tractor to be an ex Telecom Australia plant. It has a front loader but no back hoe and a large counterweight on the rear. I believe that the loader hydraulics have been modified for extra laod carrying and the standard in frame hydraulic resovior has been replaced by an external tank. I purchased it several years ago and it was last used as a loader in a landscape supplies yard. I have done some repars myself so far ( water pump, hand brake, servicing, greasing) but now have issues with the power steering and linkages as well as king pins are well worn. Can someone help with identification and also point me in the right direction for manuals. Many thanks in advance Craig

  19. #194500GUY2011-07-07 14:05

    Hey CraigS, Check out this link for serial code info: http://www.springfieldbiz.com/oaktree/fordtractor.htm Good luck with your Ford!

  20. #20CraigS2011-07-08 00:29

    Hi 4500Guy and many thanks for your tractor Id link but I cant seem to match any of my numbers with anything on the site. Are you aware of any other sites I can go for info? Cheers, Craig

  21. #21Brownie2011-07-28 09:55

    Looking for some advice. My 4500 has manual steering. I had to pull the steering column to get the fuel tank out (long story for later). Now I want to reinstall, but those dam ball bearings in the lower ring won't stay in place to slip the steering shaft back in. Has anyone encounter this problem and if so how did you beat it? Thanks Brownie

  22. #22jimg9842011-07-28 10:30

    Brownie,, you will get more help by starting a new thread with a different title good luck with that project james in NC

  23. #23Brownie2011-07-28 11:44

    Thanks James, but this site won't let me post new threads, only replies. Brownie

  24. #24jimg9842011-07-28 12:26

    Brownie it will after doing so many replies I think it 5 times so just relpy to some more threads and then click thread starter....even if your reply only says oops LOL

  25. #25papa1112011-09-16 16:34

    hi i am new here: would like to get hold of DAMAN i also have a 72 ford 4500 tractor loader backhoe d5011f 2c17b c332749 the tag on backhoe unit says 19-551 r108706 HD-15 i am confused on codes " 727,730,740" i would like to find a parts, shop, etc. manual or manuals for this tractor/backhoe any help would be appreciated thankyou

  26. #26Brownie2011-09-16 18:19

    Papa111 Try www.jensales.com or www.repromanuals.com for manuals. They cover a large range of tractors and models. For part numbers try www.fomoco.org , I found it very helpful with my 1966 4500 TLB. Cheers, Brownie

  27. #27trevor b2011-09-16 19:46

    Brownie try using some thick grease coat the bearings good put them in place they should stay it's worked for me TB.

  28. #28daman2011-09-16 21:44

    What are you looking for?

  29. #29mitch5042011-09-17 12:40

    A 730 is a 1/3 yd industrial loader, usually used on a 3400 utility tractor. A 735 is a 1/2 yd industrial loader, usually used on a 3500 industrial tractor. A 740 is a 1 yd industrial loader, usually used on a 4500 industrial tractor. I think a 727 is a lighter loader, maybe farm duty? I agree, www.jensales.com is a good source of manuals. Good Luck On edit: You'll find these too: A 751 is a 11 foot backhoe. A 753 is a 13 foot backhoe. A 755 is a 15 foot backhoe.

  30. #30papa1112011-09-17 14:53

    ok thanx guys i am beging to understand.. so the 2c17b meens 4500 made in 72 in march dayshift ?! so i have a 740 loader with a 755 backhoe attachment thankyou mitch504 , brownie, and daman daman i was trying to contact you because early in the thread you had manuals 4 sale. i dont know how to upload a pic so i will use it as my avatar thanx

  31. #31Lawman2011-10-12 10:43

    Is it possible to have a 755 backhoe on a 4500 Ford 3 cylinder diesel tractor?

  32. #32mitch5042011-10-12 12:22

    Yep, read the posts just before yours. A 755 backhoe has nothing to do with the later 755 tractors. There were three backhoes made in the late '60s-early '70s, that could be installed on Ford industrial tractors. a 755 is the largest of these, with a 15' digging depth.

  33. #33Lawman2011-10-12 21:39

    Thanks Mitch, appreciate the info. I just bought this rig and don't know much about it. Would sure like to have an operators manual for the 755 backhoe. Would you know where I could find one?

  34. #34mitch5042011-10-12 22:38

    http://www.jensales.com/

  35. #35sterjess2011-10-13 10:25

    I have a Ford 4000 backhoe loader I'm going to be going through this winter. I'm getting water in my oil, does anyone know if these older 3 cylinder diesels have cavitation issues or is it more than likely just a bad head gasket?

  36. #36Lawman2011-10-13 21:56

    Could someone tell me what the standard size of the bucket that came on a 755 backhoe on a 4500 Ford is? I bought a backhoe a few days ago, and it has a bucket that's only 12 inches wide. I don't believe that's the one that came on it. Thanks.

  37. #37jimg9842011-10-14 00:08

    2 ft wide

  38. #38mitch5042011-10-14 00:55

    There's not really a standard size, buckets are bought with or without the machine to match the job. It only takes a few minutes to change them, so most people that make a living w/ a hoe own several. A 12" is good for trenches for utility installation, since a narrower one usually plugs.

  39. #39daman2011-10-14 09:55

    24" was the standard all purpose size, available then was 12", 18", 24", 36"

  40. #40Lawman2011-10-14 10:22

    Thanks for the reply, appreciate it and I'll try to find another bucket.

  41. #41Lawman2011-10-15 22:15

    Thanks Mitch, as you can tell, I don't know much about the backhoe or this web site either, but I do appreciate the information.

  42. #42Lawman2011-10-15 22:18

    Thanks daman, I'm just learning about the backhoe as well as this website.

  43. #43daman2011-10-15 22:20

    I believe i have an extra 740 loader service manual someplace I'll see if i can find it.

  44. #44daman2011-10-15 22:22

    Sure that's what the site is for learning, asking. here is another good site for fords/4500 check it out.. http://ytforums.ytmag.com/index.php

  45. #45Lawman2011-10-16 11:09

    Daman, just tried to send you a thank you, but don't know where it went. Just don't understand much about this web site yet, but it appears a person can sure get some answers on it.

  46. #46daman2011-10-16 11:17

    Did you try a PM? private message? yea i was having trouble getting new posts emailed to me but it started working ha ha, did you try that other link?/ web site.

  47. #47Lawman2011-10-16 13:44

    Guess I just don't understand all this yet, but I believe I'm gaining on it. Thanks again.

  48. #48shopteacher 12011-10-17 19:50

    Ok, I am looking at the manuals and am trying to figure out what to buy. I already have a reprint operators manual from Jensales. I want a repair manual but am confused about what to buy. Do I need separate manuals for the tractor, loader and backhoe? I found a complete reprint on e-bay with a blue binder for $199 that is 1600 pages! will that cover it all? Let me know what you guys think. I basically want to be able to repair anything on the old girl myself. Thanks, John

  49. #49mitch5042011-10-18 01:37

    If you get them from Jensales, or from New Holland, you have to buy a tractor manual, and loader and backhoe manuals. The Jensales manual is good, but make sure the tractor manual is the industrial tractor manual, there is a lot of overlap w/ the ag tractor manual, but some things like the torque convertor transmission is not in the ag book. I have both the ag and industrial books, (ag from Ford, industrial from Jensales), and the tractor books are probably close to1600 pages. If you get the parts book, which is a good idea, it covers both. Of course I know nothing about the Ebay one. Good Luck

  50. #50shopteacher 12011-10-19 19:38

    I can not find any markings or serial plate on the hoe to tell me what model it is. I have the loader and the tractor, but not the hoe. Anyone know how to identify the hoe?

  51. #51mitch5042011-10-19 19:56

    If it is the hoe that is made for that tractor, a 753 is a 13' hoe and a 755 is a 15' depth hoe. They also made an 11' one, which I think is a 751. They should all be covered in the same book. I'm gonna go by the office on the way home, I''ll try to remember to se how many pages the industrial service manuals are. Btw, the loader on a 4500 should be a 740.

  52. #52mitch5042011-10-20 00:11

    Sorry, the other backhoe is 10' dig depth and is a 750, not a 751. My industrial tractor book is from Ford- New Holland, and is 5 1/4" thick. It is exactly the same as the ag book, with another 1 1/4" thick section added on, covering several transmissions not offered w/ ag tractors, and the other differences. I also have the Jensales loader and backhoe books, for some reason, they are about a 1/2" each. I have bought 8-10 books from Jensales and have been satisfied every time.

  53. #53Lawman2011-10-20 09:31

    Thanks for the information Mitch, I purchased the tractor operator's manual and the 755 backhoe operator's manual from Jensales. The Operator's manual for the Ford tractor is about one half inch thick, and the manual for the backhoe only has 26 pages. They each contain some very useful information.

  54. #54davebb2011-11-08 21:10

    subscribing. I just got a 66 4500 tlb and want to learn. My first post.

  55. #55Brownie2011-11-09 07:42

    Welcome Davebb, Post a few more comments and you can post your own threads. Welcome to the fun of owning a 4500 1966 TLB Ford. I haven't had to much trouble finding parts so far. Had to pull the fuel tank, patch and line it, replace hoses, the usual stuff dealing with old equipment. Next the brakes, but that will be at the shop. To big a job for me dealing with internal breaks. I suggest you search the web find the operators manual and shop manuals. They are a must to doing repairs. Enjoy Dave "Brownie" Brown

  56. #56davebb2011-11-09 09:18

    Thank you for your response Brownie. Sure looks like lots of work to do to get it going. It's been sitting for a long time. When I first got it there was a small tree growing about 5 feet out of the engine compartment. Tree looked like it was growing out of the water pump but upon closer inspection it was just growing around it and I had to chip it out of there. Now I need to start a new thread because I've searched and can't find anything about what looks like grease in the hydraulic tank and no fluid in there. I think the fluid drained into the crankcase, it's way over full, and left behind this greasy looking stuff clogging the filter. Dave.

  57. #57mitch5042011-11-10 12:31

    Unless it has a three point hitch, w/ a pump mounted on the bellhousing, there is no connection for hyd. oil to get into the crankcase.

  58. #58davebb2011-11-10 12:48

    Thank you mitch504 for your reply. I think the oil may have entered the crankcase through the steering pump mounted to the timing gear cover. It's reservoir is the same as the pump mounted in front of the engine. It's been sitting for a very long time so a slow leak around the pump shaft seal could have emptied the reservoir.

  59. #59Cindyyar2011-12-21 11:55

    Hi, I'm new to this site. You seem to be very knowleable about Ford backhoes. I have a Ford 4500 backhoe. Not sure of the year, but I have model#'s and engine #'s if I may ask you a few questions? Backhoe has been sitting for a couple of years, we are working on it again. Replace the starter/selonoid and it turns over but will not start. We have an electric pump pumping fuel through it, have tried the ether, but it will not start. Any ideas? Also, if I give you the #'s that I have will you see if you have a service manual for my backhoe. Model # C5011P Engine# 2A27B Trans# 2A19B Ford 4500 That is all the information I can find about the backhoe. Also, I am not sure how this thread works if you respond to my reply.....Could you also email me directly at: [email protected] if you have any information. Thank you so much for your help. Cindy

  60. #60daman2011-12-21 12:45

    Is it a gas or diesel? if you can post pics that would help also..

  61. #61Lawman2011-12-21 12:54

    Hi Cindyyar, There's a member by the name of Mitch, that is very knowledgeable on these 4500 Ford backhoes. If you contact him, he may be able to help you. He has given me some very good advise when I got 45oo. Good luck! Lawman

  62. #62Cindyyar2011-12-21 13:58

    daman, It is diesel and I will do my best to send pictures. Sorry, I am not familiar with this forum stuff at all, but appreciate your help. I am trying to figure out how to send pictures......I'm not having much luck. Is there anyway you can email me and I can send them through email....or if you can guide me as to how to send them with this post.

  63. #63daman2011-12-21 18:32

    Cindy ill email you then attach your pics send back and i'll post them here for you.

  64. #64daman2011-12-22 10:42

    Here's Cindy's pics she asked me to post,doesn't look like a 4500 the steering linkage doesnt look right is it off or somthing?. The loader looks like a 720 and with a 750 10' backhoe. post them tractor numbers over at that web site i provided above they should be able to help you with that.

  65. #65davebb2011-12-22 10:49

    looks like a 3500 industrial. If this link works you can identify it here. http://www.springfieldbiz.com/oaktree/codes_short2.html

  66. #66mitch5042011-12-22 23:36

    That is a 735 loader. It could be a 3500, but I actually think it is a 4400. Cindy, if you can get us some good pics of the front axle we could tell for sure. Going back to your original question, Have you tried loosening the injector lines and spinning the engine?

  67. #67davebb2011-12-23 01:11

    In your first post you said " have tried the ether, but it will not start". Please tell us did the engine fire at all using either? If it didn't fire at all using the starting fluid then I think the compression should be checked.

  68. #68mitch5042011-12-23 11:37

    Dave, I owe you a cookie or a beer or something, you're right, that is a 3500, I was going by slightly fuzzy pics of steering geometry, and REALLY fuzzy memory. I have done a lot with these old girls, and for some reason a lot of them won't fire on ether alone, though they will run well once the lines are bled all the way to the injectors. I can't begin to explain it, and I may start a thread on that just to hear different peoples ideas why. Usually, these things have to be bled all the way to the injectors, not just at the filter and pump like the book claims. I would disconnect the electric pump, as that may be masking symptoms, and take the bleed plug out of the top of the filter. If after a minute or so, you do get a good flow of fuel there, loosen the bleed screw on the side of the injector pump, let it sit a couple minutes, then spin the engine. fuel should spray out past the front tire. Once you get fuel there, loosen the injector lines. Once you see air free fuel there, tighten the lines back down one at a time, while the engine is turning. DO NOT USE YOUR HANDS TO TIGHTEN THE LINES, ONLY USE A WRENCH WHILE THE ENGINE IS TURNING. HIGH PRESSURE DIESEL INJECTION LEADS TO AMPUTATION! Good Luck Cindy, and sorry Dave, Mitch

  69. #69FRISKY2012-01-05 19:52

    I'm new to this forum. I found it while looking for information about my recently purchased Ford 4500 TLB/755/???...at least I think it is a 4500...no tag with numbers under the engine cover. Would the cast numbers on the side of the trans/diff and engine be something that would help figure out what I actually have?

  70. #70daman2012-01-05 19:57

    Post up some pics..

  71. #71FRISKY2012-01-06 09:37

    I will try to take some pictures when the weather is better.

  72. #72FRISKY2012-01-06 09:44

    Assuming it is a 4500, what type of lube is needed in the transmission and differential? Should the lube be level with the check plug on the side of the case(s)?

  73. #73FRISKY2012-01-06 09:55

    ...and one more question, I read somewhere that you should never try to shift gears while moving. Is this true? This three cylinder/gasoline backhoe has two shift levers and seems to have four-gears plus some type of high/low gearset.

  74. #74FRISKY2012-01-06 10:01

    I really need an owner's/service manual for this tractor, but don't have the $250 for the 1600-page manual from Ford............too many unexpected expenses the last couple months.

  75. #75daman2012-01-06 17:37

    Lube you can use any UTF that meets fords 134D spec,look on the jug,use in ALL sumps but the engine. yes check plugs on right side(sitting on tractor). I've shifted mine on the go but you need to sync rpms and speed to do it,I'm used to it because i drive road truck,but good idea to slow or stop to shift. your left lever is your gears and right smaller lever is high/low. manuals check ebay i see them from time to time...

  76. #76FRISKY2012-01-06 18:29

    Thank you for the info! Why does the left gear lever have two notches (in line) for each one of the four gears?

  77. #77daman2012-01-06 18:37

    Right, each gear, (4 of them) "H" pattern has a high and low(left lever) or just high or just low. Usually i just stay in either high or low(right lever) and shift thorough my H gears(left lever). little hard to explain so hopefully it kinda makes sence..lol

  78. #78davebb2012-06-03 11:39

    I posted in this thread before. I had just got a 66 4500. Yesterday I brought home a 72 4500 for parts and now I'm thinking that since the engine on the new one is the only bad part I'll just switch engines and use the new one. Just an update. Thanks.

  79. #7994porkchop2012-07-02 19:54

    davebb-kinda funny but i have a 72 4500 and my parts one is a 69 with a bad engine.LOL

  80. #80davebb2012-07-02 21:46

    That's real close to what I'm doing. I haven't had time to even look at the 72 since I got it home. Sure wish I had more time.

  81. #81davebb2012-08-09 00:11

    I finally started working on my 72 4500 diesel. I'm just trying, as a repair of the original engine, reconditioning the head. It's almost back together. Sure is lots of stuff to learn about and clean going through this process. I bought a service manual and it has lots of great info in it but I found something I have a question about. There is what appears to be a fuel reservoir mounted to the same plate the voltage regulator is mounted to. It was disconnected when I got the tractor but appears that the hose nipple on the bottom goes to the cold start thing screwed into the intake manifold and one of the two inverted flare fittings on the thing looks like it goes to the fuel filler neck nipple and the other seems it must go to the injector leek off tube. Does this ring a bell to anyone?

  82. #82mitch5042012-08-09 00:51

    It is supposed to help w/ cold starts, by sending warm fuel from return line somewhere if I remember correctly, but you almost always see them disconnected. It doesn't seem to make much difference.

  83. #83jimg9842012-08-09 02:19

    cold start in intake is a heater,,, when power is sent the heater,,, it heats up opening a valve that lets fuel in which in,, which heats up fuel for better cold starts,,,,,of course this happens if everything is working rite good luck like the old fords with four levers

  84. #84davebb2012-08-16 23:37

    It Runs!!!!! Well the motor anyway. After I got it running coolant started coming out behind the starter. I took the starter out and I can see the coolant seeping out between the rear block cover plate and the block. I took the plate off of another engine I have and I see there's a freeze plug in the back of the block that you must remove the flywheel to get at. So. I went to drive the tractor to a concrete slab where I can separate the motor from the trans and it won't move. So I looked in my new manual to find out how the 4/4 T-C Power Reversing system works and it's not in the manual. I checked the oil in the trans and even added more but it made no difference. Anybody know what to check next? Pressure test point maybe?

  85. #85davebb2012-09-08 15:51

    Update. I got the rest of the manual. The part with the power reversing trans information. The person I bought the manual from says that part is left out because of something to do with agricultural models but he did send me the part of the book that I need. Yes there's a pressure test port. It's above the small cover on the bottom of the bell housing. Just take off the cover and you'll see a 1/8 inch pipe plug in the end of a little tube. Water got into my trans and ruined all kinds of stuff. Lots of rust. So far about $1500 in parts.

  86. #86davebb2012-10-01 19:27

    update. Yea! It works. I replaced the clutch packs, cleaned everything, found a broken pressure relief valve spring and I put it back together with some pretty rust pitted gears but it works and doesn't make too much noise. The torque converter cost $600 to rebuild. That hurt. Now I want to get a gauge port adapter to fit in the power steering pressure line at the pump but I need to know what flare angle that fitting at the pump is. JIC 37%? AN? Anybody know?