Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New from The Netherlands

Martin! ยท 2007-05-16 16:07

Hello, My name is Martin and come from a small town in The Netherlands, i am interested in articulated dumpers. My favorite dumper is the Volvo dumper. I have driven four years on a Volvo, my first machine was a Volvo A25C and the last machine an A30D. Sometimes i drive on a Volvo A35D dumper, thats a really nice machine! I have also an website about the dumper, see www.dumper.nl . Sorry, it is an Dutch website, maybe this or next year comes there also an english version.

Replies6
  1. #1equipment fan2007-05-16 18:02

    welcome to HEF Martin! :notworthy .Nice and great website

  2. #2Countryboy2007-05-16 18:52

    Welcome to HEF Martin!! :drinkup

  3. #3Countryboy2007-05-17 00:01

    Well Martin!, I looked at your website and you have a lot of great pictures. Its gonna take me a while to look through them. Its pretty easy to navigate, yall just spell "photo" (foto) funny :wink2. Couple of questions on some of the equipment: Is this side tilting bucket popular over there or is it more special purpose? I can think of several times that it would've come in handy. link How does this truck compare to the regular 6 wheel ADTs? Is it common or is it special purpose? The turn radius is pretty cool. Great site. :thumbsup link

  4. #4equipment fan2007-05-17 07:35

    pretty interesting find.Yeah,a short turning radius.I like this concept.

  5. #5MKTEF2007-05-17 16:03

    Well CB the bucket is made for levelling sand and gravel on worksites. It is low and has a long bottom, makes it perfect to level with. You get to se the edge very easily, thereby has very good controll over what you are doing. The flat bottom makes it a good "floater". Makes perfekt levelling when you are going backwards also. The bucket i beleave is a swedish invention that Volvo is exporting now. It is not widely used here in Norway, but the swede's love it. (I have only seen a handfull in Norway.) Our volvo salesman said a lot of positive things about it, ill test it some day. The tilt system is a adition that you put between the loader and the bucket. It is controlled by the 3. function. Works well with other atachments also, forks for example. Limited in size though, if i dont remeber wrong it was for max L90F.

  6. #6Countryboy2007-05-17 23:05

    I just noticed the bucket after you pointed it out. The tilting mechanism had my attention. Being able to see the cutting edge would make it excellent for fine grading.