Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Grocery Store Construction pics

D5G ยท 2009-05-31 21:18

They have been putting this new grocery store up around the corner from me for a few months now, I only wish I had some extra time to go and take more pics. I have taken these few in passing and thought I would share them. I can post more if you guys are interested.:drinkup

Replies34
  1. #1D5G2009-05-31 21:27

    few more.... 1. structure is started 2. D9H 3. D9H & Job trailer 4. 320C & IT28 5. Volvo EC140B LC

  2. #2JimBruce422009-05-31 21:39

    Nice pics, thanks for sharing and keep 'em coming.

  3. #3Vantage_TeS2009-05-31 21:56

    Oh man is that a scraper with no cab? That thing must be ancient.

  4. #4D5G2009-05-31 22:25

    JimBruce, Thanks! Vantage TeS, yep thats it, I think its a 621.

  5. #5JS580SL2009-06-01 22:34

    Cool pics buddy!

  6. #6D5G2009-06-02 01:00

    More..... thanks JS580SL:drinkup 1.& 2. They had to close a lane to add another one and do utilities. 3. 4. & 5. More D9H sorry the pics are a little blurry, taking them on the run.

  7. #7Wolf2009-06-02 01:28

    Where is that thing being built? Is it Kroeger?

  8. #8oakland2009-06-02 01:47

    great pics mike i like that old D9H, keep em commin

  9. #9D5G2009-06-02 19:59

    Wolf, North Eastern Ohio...Giant Eagle Grocery Stores Oakland, thanks I'll see if I can get over there to take a few more tomorrow.

  10. #10Jeffksf2009-06-09 22:29

    Location and contractor please, for a fellow NE ohioian Thanks for the pics.

  11. #11D5G2009-06-09 22:37

    Jeff, do you work for Independence? I don't have the contractors name off hand, I will try to find out though. I have never seen these guys around before, and I think they are out-of-towners. Job is is in wadsworth, west of akron.

  12. #12CM19952009-06-09 23:18

    Nice to see some older iron still turning some dirt. From the pictures it looks like it is in good shape as well.

  13. #13D5G2009-06-09 23:57

    Thanks CM, they started paving today...shouldn't be long now. They are also constructing a new Key Bank in front of the store.

  14. #14Jeffksf2009-06-10 14:31

    No I do not, I work for Mr. Excavator

  15. #15landrvrnut222009-06-10 19:11

    Jeff, You working on the new parking deck for Akron U?

  16. #16Buckethead2009-06-10 19:51

    I think it's a 631B.

  17. #17D5G2009-06-10 20:46

    Probably is, thanks Buckethead :drinkup Jeff, still trying to get the info on that contractor....is Mr. Excavator busy right now? I saw the article about you guys working at Ohio State.

  18. #18landrvrnut222009-06-10 21:24

    Is it Independence or is it Great Lakes? The emblems look like Great Lakes. Either one is a pretty big earthmover out of Cleveland. I have worked with both, and had a job offer from Great Lakes. Independence is primarily heavy highway, but will do the odd sitework. Great Lakes does a little bit of everything.

  19. #19D5G2009-06-10 22:15

    Adam, it might be GL, but I doubt it...do they have equipment this old? I know they have red pickups, and I haven't seen a one. I have only seen one rig to haul all the iron, which is a white Western Star. I haven't seen thee guys before, like I said...probably out of town guys. the started paving yesterday. Last I saw Indy around, they were working for G&E here in wadsworth doin selective demo. I hear a lot of their iron (like everyone else's) is sitting. Man I hope things start turning around soon. As for indy doing sitework, they did the wadsworth crossings job directly across the street from this job.

  20. #20D5G2009-06-10 22:30

    Ok, heres what we have: Continental Building Systems is the GC, I can't for the life of me find the name of the dirt company. Jeff, here is the link to contact Continental...if your interested. http://www.continental-buildingsystems.com/about-us/contact-us.php

  21. #21Jeffksf2009-06-11 18:12

    We were working on a garage for Summa healthcare I believe in Akron. And yes a garage for U of A with Donley's No work in Ohio state for us though. Thats niether GL or Indy, the sticker looks somewhat like Beaver's but I'm not to sure of that either. Just curious as to who it is. We are pretty busy up here thankfully. Not much private work, all public works projects and ther are plenty to bid right now.

  22. #22Case 580e2009-06-11 18:24

    love that d9 man wish i had the chance to operate one of them

  23. #23D5G2009-06-11 22:39

    Jeff, glad to hear you guys are busy. Its not beaver either, I could spot that decal a mile away, although the old iron fits their profile. I dunno... Case 580e, you should see the pure black smoke that comes out of this beauty, it drives the treehuggers up their trees.

  24. #24D5G2009-06-21 19:49

    finally! Jeff, I FINALLY figured out whos iron it is. The name of the company is Bob Bennett Construction Company, of Akron. NEVER, EVER heard of him before, but looks to me like a decent sized operation. Has some real cool old iron, too. The 235c& pc78 I posted in this topic: are his too, they are in Cuyahoga Falls currently. It just hit me the other day driving by the site that I had seen the decals a week earlier. Doesn't appear to have a website, but google pops up a few results.

  25. #25D5G2009-06-21 19:51

    I meant to put this pic of the decal in my last post..:Banghead:Banghead

  26. #26Jeffksf2009-06-25 19:17

    Yeah we have lost a few jobs to him, small low overhead outfit from what I know.

  27. #27D5G2009-06-25 21:00

    Thats interesting, Jeff. I saw a fleet of their trucks going into the site this morning. Sounds like they might be someone to look out for in the future. I am guessing contentinal is feeding them the local work right now. Like I said before, I had never heard of them 3 weeks ago until I was in the falls and saw more of their iron. Interesting.

  28. #28D5G2009-06-29 22:32

    More.... This Bennett operation seems to have quite a fleet, from what I am seeing.:beatsme

  29. #29D5G2009-06-29 22:34

    and some more, still.....

  30. #30D5G2009-06-29 22:37

    Doesn't look like it will be too long before this job is done.:usa

  31. #31sidhou2009-06-30 20:58

    cool pics...

  32. #32D5G2009-07-01 20:20

    Thanks!

  33. #33N.CarolinaDozer2009-07-02 18:01

    Looks like they're working awfully close to those High Voltage power lines. I witnessed a 330 trackhoe working close to those and an arch came out running from the lines to hoe. It was such a jolt it made the lines start swinging and scared the crap out of the operator.

  34. #34D5G2009-07-11 11:29

    Still pluggin along...