Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Guy

XCAV8R ยท 2005-08-21 19:30

Already seen some interesting threads, hope to get to know some of you. :usa

Replies8
  1. #1Steve Frazier2005-08-21 19:37

    Welcome to HeavyEquipmentForums Take a look around, don't be afraid to join in on any topic, or start one of your own! Thanks for joining! :thumbsup

  2. #2XCAV8R2005-08-21 20:00

    Hey thanks. I already posted an ad in the For Sale section, thanks in advance. You lived NY all your life? I served 3 yrs in the Marines but for the most part I have been a Chatt. native. Went to PA, Philly a couple of years ago and liked it pretty well. Still want to come to NY and see where the ******** took out our towers and see Niagra Falls.

  3. #3Steve Frazier2005-08-21 23:43

    Yes, I've lived in NY nearly all my life, since 2 years old. I live 10 minutes from where I grew up. I live about an hour north of NYC, I used to see the towers on a daily basis, Sept. 11 hit me pretty hard. It was comforting to see how the rest of the Country was as concerned about the attack as we were. It's a shame how much a part politics are playing in the rebuilding of the site. I'd like to see the towers rebuilt, bigger and better than before to thumb our noses at AlQueda Thanks for your service in the armed forces!! :salute

  4. #4salesrep2005-08-22 20:33

    Welcome. TN.

  5. #5littledenny2005-08-22 20:57

    Welcome - you're nearly a neighbor. I'm now from Ellijay, Georgia but my wife teaches in Dalton, so we have a place there, too. Come up your way pretty often, less hassle than getting to Hotlanta, and I like your town better. Hope you enjoy it here, there's some pretty interesting conversation here at times.

  6. #6XCAV8R2005-08-22 22:52

    Thanks guys. I've been reading some of the posts, pretty good articles indeed. Actually will learn about a lot of new equipment from here. I like the old iron threads. I just responded to you littledeny in the F/S ads before I read this post, so you kinda answered my question.

  7. #7Stroker2005-08-25 15:15

    Welcome to the site... You also have a Private Message.

  8. #8glsahl2005-08-29 19:35

    wtc question Has anyone signed the petition protesting the "new" wtc project? I agree with Steve,the towers should be rebuilt,taller,brighter,and an American flag,the size of Rhode Island should fly on top. Anyone know if the final plans are set in stone?Are the same developers in charge? I didn't care much for the plans for the memorial,don't believe we(AMERICANS) owe an apology to anyone.That may sound arrogant,but,I don't remember anyone thanking US for the blood we've spilled,feeding,and protecting the planet.