Hey guys, I'm Mike Danford. Go by "Tools" as it was my callsign in a former life as a Navy pilot, carrier based S-3B's and TA-4J's. I'm a avid amateur woodworker turned home shop machinist to help rebuild nice old American woodworking machinery. I primarily frequent a woodworking machinery bulletin board owwm.org, and a machinist's related site practicalmachinist.com. I'm also a general mechanical nut with more time than money, so tend to do all my own maintenance. I'm presently learning to rebuild motors as well, having recently bought a portable boring bar and line portable line boring machine. Liking to restore things, and living on some acreage, I also dabble in old tractors, having a penchant for Allis Chalmers. So, what brings me here is my recent acquisition of a Hyster Karry Krane, model KE. I also have a 1968 Hyster Challenger forklift, not sure if it's a 20, 25 or 30. It's a little 3 wheel pneumatic. I'm in the assembly stages of restoring a Bobcat M610 as well. I rebuilt the motor myself, havn't run it yet. I'm also somewhat considering an older wheeled articulating loader, a Dresser, can't remember the model right off the top of my head. Has a bucket just under 2 yards as I recall. That's all I got! Tools
Welcome to the forum toolsd, and thanks for your service in the Navy. :usa I bet the S-3B Viking was a fun ride eh?
Thank YOU for paying your taxes each year, because ya, it was a fun ride! Seriously, thanks for mentioning it. Few even know what a s-3 is, kinda like a moped, tons of fun, just didn't want your friends to see you riding it! The a-4 (dad was a plane captain on them in 1960, I flew them as an instructor in 1999, cool or what?) was LOTS of fun. Actually drove the hyster karry krane around the yard today! Woo hoo! Tools
Didn't want your friends see you ride it...now that's funny. :lmao I've heard they were an extremely nimble plane and able to fly at rather low airspeeds, made them excellent submarine killers. The A4, that's a little more "put ur seat belt on, shut up, and hold on" kinda ride. My wife's uncle served in the Air Force, and I have a buddy that was a Skittle on a carrier back in the late 60's. Not long ago, I ran across a pic of a nice pic of an F4 Phantom on the internet, and email the pic to him. "Hey...recognise this?". He simply replied "yeah, still got knots on my head from bumping it underneath the wings of those things!" :tong
Here is a free Allis Chalmers fork lift for you tools.It is in Milford CT if they still have it.The ad was in yesterdays CraigsList.Ron G http://newhaven.craigslist.org/zip/1763783923.html
Hello! I'm a newbie in this site.My name is Steve warne.I am working in epipe.info which is mainly based on rusty water leakage problems. Searching on the Google i found this forum.I'm very glad to be a part of this because i found that it is more helpful then others.:usa.
Hi, Welcome to this forum. I am new here to make friends and exchange ideas. Hope we will have a great journey here. _____________ access hire
broken iron HI, i looked for a forum and found this one. it looks like the right one. I am trying to get my old trackhoe going so i can finish a half mile of trench for a pipe line here on the ranch but i have a problem with it so am waiting till i can post a thread. am a licensed marine engineer and when i get home find i had a months work to do but leave 2 months work to do when i go back to work.
Welcome to the forum new guys, looking forward to your posts...
thanks for the welcome looks to be a promising site with lots of trafffic. i figure i'll be around a while but i work at sea sometimes for months so participation liable to be sporatic. i posted something about a warner swasey swivel post i hope someone reads, .
Neybe here as well recently purchased a 74 komatsu track loader in good condition an am looking for advice etc on machine spec's, how to work etc.hope to at least have some sort of axcess to start a topic, as I have to ship machine 500 miles south to my farm. have fun and be safe
Welcome to the forum Papa John.
Mr. toolsd: Thank you for your service to our Country Sailor. Thanks, Hotdog Semper Fi