Howdy! I found this neat forum and decided to join! I wouldn't necessarily describe myself as a professional operator, but more of an weekend warrior. I volunteer for an operating historical railroad where I help maintain about 12 miles of track. In our arsenal is a Case 580SL, a Cat 955L, and several old school Cat machines with pony motors including 2 D4's, a #12 motor grader and my favorite, a D8 with a manual transmission and a cable blade. The newest addition is a D7E that I haven't yet had much of a chance to play with. We also have several pieces of on track equipment but I still haven't found a forum to share those machines yet! I thought I'd drop in and say hello!
welcome to the forum upbrakie. :usa
Well now with that type of a collection I reckon it would be right neighbourly of you to show us a picture or two of that mighty fine collection of'le plant. Welcome to the forum..
Welcome to the forums, upbrakie. There's no penalty for posting stuff in the wrong forum, so just go ahead and share them wherever it feels right. (Lord know we haven't set up the site perfectly for every possibility anyway.) We all like to see stuff we're not accustomed to working with, maybe even more than the stuff we work with every day, so I'm sure there'd be some interest in your track equipment. (If it were me, I'd just call it "Other Earthmoving Equipment"....)
Digger beat me to it, but I know I'm not the only one who wants to see and learn about it.