Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Guy

Wolfcsm ยท 2008-05-29 09:14

Hello.... I am very interested in heavy equipment - as a hobby. Work as a Logistics Management Specialist of the US ARMY, at Ft Hood, Texas. Have been doing that for the last 8 years. 4 trips to Iraq as a part of the job. 24 years Active Duty with the US Army, as a tank crewman. The only heavy equipment I have been able to operate is a M60A1 Dozer Tank. About 130,000 lbs with a 14 foot blade. Hal

Replies6
  1. #1alan627b2008-05-29 09:33

    Welcome to the forum! Hey, you know it would be cool to see some pics of that tank/dozer, as well as any other military spec construction equipment! Looking forward to your participation! Alan Hynes alan627b

  2. #2Wolfcsm2008-05-29 10:10

    Here is one from Balad in 2006. Hal

  3. #3euclid2008-05-29 14:45

    Welcome SgtMaj good to have folks like you around. So are you still doing logistics or are you going to get into equipment to keep you busy? Once I get my degree completed I'll get a p/t job running equipment and odd jobs because my primary job will pay enough and I can do something fun on the side. :usa Go Navy

  4. #4Wolfcsm2008-05-30 11:58

    The "little kid" in me has always been interested in heavy equipment. One of my dreams is to learn to operate a dozer. It is funny, I left Oregon for the Army to get away from logging but now spend a lot of free time cutting wood and working with my tractor. I am a loggie for the Army as a civilian. Pays the bills and lets me have the toys I want. Hal

  5. #5Wolf2008-05-30 13:58

    Dear Hal: How did you get the name wolfcsm?

  6. #6Wolfcsm2008-05-30 14:19

    We had a 92% wolf hybred for 13 years - the WOLF part I am a retired Army Command Sergeant Major - the CSM part Hal