I'm a Newb here ... so I thought I'd offer up a few pics for your visual enjoyment. These are from 2003 .. we were cutting a hill back to make the road ( WV rt 2 ) below wider. Between Weirton & Follansbee West Virginia. That's me on the 9G. ~Glenn :drinkup ps Seems like a great place & great people here !
Looking from Ohio. Cut is on the left ... waste area on the right. Second pic is of the cut area. Third pic is of the waste area. (Me on the 9 & another hand on the 8) ~Glenn
what was loadin the trucks and WELCOME TO H.E.F. :usa:drinkup
Thanks for the pics Sidewinder, good looking 9 and welcome to the forum
Drillin on the benches .... Second pic you can see an 8 with a wing. Second & third pic shows where we hafta blend in with Trumble's part of the job that was done a couple years earlier. ~Glenn
Loading end dumps on those skinny benches. First pic is a 992. Second pic is a 385 Third pic is another shot of the 992 ~Glenn
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! SWEEEEEET!!!! :drinkup THANKS !!sidewinder
Here's some shots of the 5130 ... doing what it does best. ~Glenn
More 5130 ... Will I get hollerd at fer postin too many pics ? :beatsme ~Glenn
Thanks fer the welcome Hoeman & Pete ! Glad yall like the pics. ~Glenn
are you kiddin thats what were here for!:notworthy:notworthy. if we were gonna get hillard at I and burnout would have been kicked off long long ago:ban
Great pics welcome to the forums dont expect me to complain about too many pics of all that Cat iron especially that 5130
Great shots mate and a good mix of the old and new correct yellow machines. Looks like a tough job and requires a lot of teamwork. Who is the outfit doing the work and how many bcm,s is required to be moved? Now to all budding digger drivers check how this guy is doing it, perfect absolutely spot on bench height, digging over the idlers. The only criticism would be the 90 degree swing as you can move the truck and swing 45 with the bucket through the gate as it is called but the 5130 is a tad big for that with 773,s and i am sure those narrow bench,s dont lend them selves to it either, top stuff indeed. Certainly a spectacular and pleasent job site to be working.
When the hall called me for this job ... this is the Cat Iron they wanted me to run. I said "No thanks ... call me when you get a night turn 9 on the dump." They called two days later. hehehe ~Glenn
I have no idea how many yrds of rock we moved on that job Gavin. The contractor was Mashuda out of Pittsburgh, PA ~Glenn
Welcome to HEF Glenn! On this forum there is no such thing as too many pictures, so keep them coming!:notworthy That 385 is awesome looking, as is the 5130, how does it (the 5130) hold up for you guys? Thanks for sharing:drinkup:drinkup
Another set of great pics. I was just in that area in August, did you guys have any projects along the PA Turnpike or along Route 43?
What, you don't like yankin on a cable control and threading cable? I can't imagine
I just worked out of the hall for Ralph ... just that one job. I went back to James White Const when their work picked up ... still there. They just bought me a Trimble GCS 900 system for my (their) D6R. I'm having a blast with it ! ~G
I started out when I was about 12 years old on an old A-frame cable 7 .. hand crank pony ... I aint going back there if I can help it ! ointhead Here's a picture of the first toy I ever had ... can anyone guess what it is ? Pretty cool toy for a 1 year old ! ~G
Heh heh, probably not to many here even know what a cable cutter is or ever got one of those fish hooks in your hand while pulling the cable off the drum, or had one strand of cable bunch up inside a sheave you can't get to. Those were the good ol days, my ***. Not much to see in the pic, looks like a Cat fuel cap and steering clutch levers maybe an old D6. Don't know what the upper lever is.
Talk about awesome pictures!!! I'm loving this, please keep all of this coming in the future, I think I speak for everyone. This is among the best highway earthmoving out there. There is also a great pic of the 5130/777D on Mashuda's website.
Oh yeh ... hehehe ... I know all about that thing with the mushroomed out button on it ! Also know about "Birdnests" & the "Fishhooks" ! I was also a fast learner on that old cable 7 when I was a kid .... I DROPPED the blade JUST ONCE ! That's the only picture I have of my first toy ... not much there to identify ... but I think some of the older iron guys will get it. The upper lever may give it away. Here's a pic of my little girl's toy ... It's been torn apart in my basement garage for about 8 years ... can't get motivated to put it back together. Know what it is ? ~G
That 5130 is an awesome machine. I was up in it ... they told me to go ahead & load a couple trucks .. but I passed. Dummy ! I shoulda did it .. just for the Woodyfactor. This was a pretty cool job ... always lotsa excitement. A big rock came in on the op side of the 385 & smashed it ... busted the door glass in all over the operator ... he was ok. Screwed the hoe up pretty bad. That's when they started loading with the 992 as the second machine. An older 773 swung around on the dump to back up beside me & the left front strut broke off & the wheel fell on the ground. This was just after the hi-speed run down off of that steep nasty downhill run off of the cut ! Some Dummy dropped the 9 sideways over a 10' ledge at 1 oclock in the morning in the dark. Laying there on the ground between the rops & the track spinning wide open in second gear wasn't too bad ... but then the seat & seat pan fell on top of him. It's amazing how fast a busted up Dummy can get out from under a seat pan & get to the throttle/stop ! Busted collarbone & several busted ribs & he still has shoulder & neck problems. Good for him ! ... he shoulda had the seatbelt on ! Sometimes you get to live to learn from your mistakes. The 9 made out better than the Dummy ... it only got a little bend in the fender. It was back up & running the next day. The Dummy did get a chuckle out of it when they called a young fella out of the hall to run it .... but they hadda go start it for him .... he didn't have a clue. Dummy was off 8 weeks. ~Some Dummy
Here's a pic looking over to the haulroad up to the cut ... looking from my waste area. Second & third pics are just a couple night shots that I like. ~G
Great photos. Hi, SidewinderGlenn. Welkum too ther 4um. Great photos. Thanks for sharing. I suspect that that black-n-white photo might be of a D4 with the old cable Trackson shovel fitted. I would further suspect that your little girl's toy might be a Case 310 or 410 track loader. And I seriously doubt that you will get yerself hollered at for posting too many photos, mostly 'cos nobody else here has figured out yet how many is TOO many. You'll have to forgive them if they're a little bit slow in that department. I don't think most of them have gotten past the open-mouthed gawking stage yet. LOL. (Laughs as he exits stage left dodging rocks, rotten tomatoes and eggs and other missiles. He, he, he.) P.S. 'Too many' photos is when you run out uv'em. The cure - gitchyer favourite rump staek out there and take some more - a LOT more. LOL.
I agree with Deas, were here looking, just keep on posting, and if anyone says anything, we got your back!
Yep .... you nailed the pic of my first toy Deas. I figgerd you'd get it. However ... ya missed the pic of my daughters toy. The pic is a little fuzzy ... It's a 59 IH T340 with a Drott 4 in 1 Gas I added her seat on the fender .... will come up with a better deal when it goes back together. ~G edit to add ; Tell these guys what the Hi Lever was for Deas ... so they can laugh & see how nice they have things these days.
Awesome pics! Please keep them coming!:notworthy
Thanks fer backin me up Deere ! What part of Ill ya from ? Got a good friend just below 64 that runs a little constr outfit for a Doctor. They just bought a D6M LGP .. pretty neat toy ! Dang 14' 6 way blade is awesome! ~G
Congrats Deas, you win the prize
Not real sure, but I think that high lever is the one that trips the bucket to dump it. Gravity takes over, and then you have to set it back on the ground to latch before filling it again. Thanks for the pics, and as said already, we haven't found out yet what "too many" is.
Dang it all to wherever Hi SWGlenn. Dang it all to wherever. Somebody beat me to it. I'm gonna hafta stop all these ladies calling late at night with long-winded phone calls. LOL. (Pssstt. Keep 'em coming, gals.) What JDOFMEMI said. I never got to run one of those lovely old toys - Hey, I WAS born around the MIDDLE of the last century, not the beginning - but it would have been somebody's pride and joy back then for sure. It woulda also beat the bejayzuz outa loading the same truck with a shovel. I debated whether your little girl's toy was a small gas IH or a Case 'cos Drott made loaders for both and both had headlights set up like those. I leaned the wrong way. LOL. Those old Drott skid-shovels still rank in my mind as one of the best loader-4-in-1 set-ups ever built. So many manufacturers since have tried to fix what wasn't broke. There was an outfit here in DownUnder, Rubery, Owen and Hemsley from Adelaide, South Australia, who I think were making the Drott skid-shovels under license before eventually making their own copy of it. They did a very good job of their copy too. I have worked a couple of them and you can't the things to death with a large stick. They just keep on keeping on. They're not quite as easy to use for trimming as a Cat 4-in-1 but they sure don't give as much trouble. Keep 'em comin'.
Yup Deas ... the 340 is a handy lil bugger with that bucket on it. Sure is a tinker toy though ... compared to toys on the big job. It'll never see much work again ... or since I've had it. That was a bucket full of Black Walnuts in the picture. Here's a couple of the last pics I took of it. Had some ring/pinion adjustments to make ... new brakes ... then that "dreaded stickler for details fobia" I have kicked in ... I can't put ANYTHING back together without chipping/removing all old paint & repainting stuff ... & that's where it sits today. ~G
BINGO Jerry ! What is that there ... next to your name ??? 8N ? We gots one that I like to run . ~G
Glenn You just missed it. D8-N is the only one I havent owned. The one in the signature is a D8-R, and the avatar is a D-8T I have run a couple of N's, but never really liked them. They seem underpowered, and they do not steer as well. The R is a sweetheart, and the T is even better.
Me & our 8N
'Fobias'. Hi, SWGlenn. I know that 'fobia' of yours. I have to be a bit careful anytime I clean up a job for the same reason - it's easy to spend TOO much time on it getting it 'purrfect'. May I suggest that you put it all back together and THEN do the paint job on the bits you can see. It'll be quicker than your 'fobia' version of doing it - and maybe helpful in getting the 'fobia' in perspective too. 'Sides, think of the fun your little girl is missing out on at the moment. LOL. ( I think that is called "playing the 'heart' card".)
Haven't got to run an R or a T ... maybe someday ??? (I hope) I do get to run some pretty strange stuff though. ~G
More of the T-655 ... cutting 4' deep through solid white limestone. Pitoooey .. cough cough .. choke ... ~G
Yet more ...
I'll stop ... I promise !
Oh ... she gets to play on the newer stuff though ... so that keeps her having fun ! ~G
mad Why have you stoppped??? I need more please please
Nice pictures Glen!! you are for shure your daughters hero! looks like you have a lot of fun together or at least you have Nice to see that wermer cutting! i have never seen one here in finland, the granite rock is probabbly to hard stuff for it. looks like you may need a shower after a days work, othervise the sweat will bond with the limestone and make you a concrete statue WE WANT MOORE!!!
Awesome pics and welcome to HEF. I find myself taking pics more and more each day just TOO post on HEF. All a good group in here and only way ya get hollered at bout pics is when you DON"T post any for a while. Thanks Trbo
PC40MRx OK ... here's a few more ... This is probly the handiest dang toy I've EVER had the pleasure of yankin levers on ! My little Abby loves it too ... but I don't have any pics of her on it (it's just too small for both of us ... I'm fat ! ). ~G
Here's a few I just snapped Friday ... so the ink on your computer screen may still be a little wet. ~G
More of the Trimble ...
Yet more. Some of the fills were 20' deep on this job.
Bored yet ?
Gps. Hi, SWGlenn. I got to operate a D8N with GPS fitted for a while a couple of years ago and I liked it - once I got used to it. The biggest problem with it was that the operating sytem in the GPS unit was - - - wait for it - - - Windows. More crashes than a demolition derby. While it was working, it was great. I could check the grades on the floors for the excavators doing the bulk loading while I was cleaning up those same floors. I could also tell them what changes of direction, depth or whatever were coming up for them. There was one excavator on the site fitted with GPS too and he used to do most of the boxing out to subgrade while the other two main excavators loaded out the bulk. Six Volvo ADT's, ranging from 25 tons to 35 tons, were doing the hauling, along with one Hitachi 25 tonner. The Volvo's were the better rigs. Thanks for the photos. I still don't think anybody else has got past the open-mouthed gawking to figure out if you've reached 'too many' yet. LOL.
Welcome to the Heavy Equipment Forums Glenn. The iron is great. We will only get grouchy if you start taking picture posting lessons off of someone called the King of Obsolete! Because you are new we will give you a hint....its the subject matter that normally does it.
Thanks for the welcome Squizzy ! This place is Cool ... not sure if I'll ever get caught up on reading all the past threads & pics ! Not quite sure what ya mean in your post ? Am I being helpfully nudged that I'm posting non dozer pics in the Dozer forum ? I'm a little slow & maybe not getting a helpful hint ??? Sure don't wanna go outside the rules here ... I really like this place ! :notworthy If I'm outta line ... please slap the newbiepoop out of me & let me know ! ~Glenn
Thats fine Glenn. Just stick to the Iron and everything will work out
Yup Deas ... I know whatcha mean about checking grade for the other guys. I run over & make a couple on grade passes for the 8 & the 5 every so often ... then go back to what I'm doing. Gives em a target to shoot for .. since there was no stakes on this job till the irrigation crew came in & needed stakes to set their sprinkler heads to. So far ... all my grades are at -0.33 ft ( 4 inches to us non-metric guys).... to allow for topsoil & infield mix & the the ground brick for the safety fence warning tracks. I'll bump back up to +- 0.00 to put the topsoil on. We are ending up with more excess dirt than was planned ... so we are extending the designed 70 yrd long practice football field ... so I got to put in a couple of my own design files .. to carry existing grades on out .. that weren't on the design plan. Also had to re-design the swales along the field. Pretty cool stuff for a West Virginia Hillbilly ! We rented a couple branny new K-MartSue ADT's to move the bulk of the dirt around & move the topsoil off the site plan. Dummy Didn't get any pix of them .... duhhhh. ~G
Im lovin the roller with tinted windows. yer picts are awesome:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy. looks like I have some compitition.
Ohhhhh .. Thanks Squizzy .... I think I get it .... no girly pictures ..... unless they are posing on a shiney new 5130 or D11 !!!!! I think I'll stick with the "iron" .... it's caused me wayyyy less problems in life !:Banghead ~G
The tinted Ingersol with AC is pretty cool . It's nice for crusing along a big fill & takin a nap .... the boss can't see yer head bounce off the steering wheel when ya nod off. All it needs is a big thumpin boom box & spinner hubcaps on the wheel ! I don't get to run it very often ... they usually hire an apprentice out of the hall. ~G
Have you guys had very much luck with that 5130? What has been your experience with its reliability?
GLENN ! Hows it hangin? This is a good site. Hope all is well with your family. doug (Dug3x3) :drinkup
I really can't help ya there schzzt ... I only worked with that outfit on that one job. I do seem to remember they broke a boom pin (I think) ... & I seem to remember maybe bending a bucket or stick cylinder ... can't remember. Another outfit that I worked for (& still remain in contact with) bought a 5130 out of Saudi Arabia .... & they sure have had a lot of problems with it ... hydraulic system full of sand ... etc .. etc . It's a shovel front. It's down more than it works. ~G
hey SidewinderGlenn. are they done with that big cut across the road from Cabela's in wheeling WV. I know they had a 5130 working there?
Well Hi Duggy !!! I saw a couple posts on other threads here & knew it was you. Still tryin to catch up on older threads here. Cool place ! Yup ... Duggy & I know each other ... he has came from Maine, to my place in West Virginia to ride goofy little motorcycles with us. Here's a couple pix of me using a hunk of iron that belongs to my stepdad to unload one of Duggy's bikes. ~G
Haven't been down there in a few weeks BCP. That's the shovel front I was talking about in the above thread. It belongs to Cast & Baker. I talked to Michael Baker a while back & he was telling me about all the probs with it. The DEP (Environmental Protection) has had them shut down for several months .... because there was a rain rut running down off of that hill .... & there was a mud-hole at the bottom with a couple cat-tails growing in it. They slammed the hammer on Michael for disturbing a "Wetland": I would say bad cusswords here if it was allowed !!!! This spring ... I worked on the site prep for the new "Best Buy" in between Cabellas & Target. We were subbed to Baker. I worked for Baker back in 2000 ... before Cabellas was ever thought of. We put that road in along side of 70 ... that runs from the Motel at the original Dallas Pike exit by the truck stops .... out to where Eatin Park is now ... by Cabellas. I ran an 8N & a 825 & a 613 paddle pan for him. The road was a wild venture in hopes of selling off that ground where the whole Cabellas complex is now. I guess it worked .... but the road is a moot point now that they have put in the new interchange onto 70. ~G
I heard a little bit about that project near Cabella's, anymore details on that? Like how many yards they moved and what the mass excavating equipment was? I've heard a little about Cast & Baker, still trying to get up on them.
Have no idea about yrdg Nolan .... I don't keep track of that kinda stuff .... I just yank levers There were a couple different outfits in there over the span .. Beaver was one .... but Michael seems to have things pretty much sewn up these days. They've had a lot of end dumps & pans in there. Michael has a small fleet of 631's. We used about 4 of em putting in the original access road & filling the hollow where the interchange hits Cabellas side of 70 now. There's talk of a huge "Waterpark" going in there now ... out on the point beyond all of the stores. Last I heard they were thinking about cutting the whole park area down 10' .... & gaining 100 acres by doing it. Michael Baker always treated me very well. I guess that kinda stuff always works both ways. ~G
That waterpark would be quite a project! Wow, very interesting info on that. The project you said Beaver was on, I wonder if that was the 'Fort Henry Interchange' project? Have you worked on any other very large mass excavating projects in WV with these outfits? Any pics from those?
I think they do call that the Fort Henry Interchange ... not sure. The only other mass dirt job I worked on was for Trumble ... back about 1997 ... we cut the hill back to make Ohio Rt 7 wider .... up near Eastliverpool, Ohio. 500' cut . I ran a 8 wheel drive "Payhauler" (Biggest POS I've ever been in) & a 773Cat end dump ... No pix of that job. The outfit that I'm with now ... did rt 22 from Weirton to the PA state line several years ago. Removed all existing pavement & repaired poor compaction areas ... I ran a branny new 769 on that job . No pix. I ran a concrete mixer for SJ Groves on the big new bridge in Weirton ... then hauled the tower crain back to Canton, Ohio when they were folding up & closing their doors for good. I just started taking pix on jobs a few years ago ... give my kids something to look back at. ~G
Welcome to HEF Hi Glenn, Really nice pic's You have posted! Specially like them on the old D9! I think we just have one or two left of them here in Sweden,ok we really dont have had to many of them anyway's! For what i know we have 2 or 3 D10, thats D10N or newer and we have I for what I know 2 D11. One each of D11N and one D11R. Anyway welcome and really nice pic's! Peter
Thanks for the welcome Peter ! I've never ran anything bigger than a 9 .... sure would like to though !!!! ~G
I was just getting some more insight, every contractor I have talked to has said the same thing. I have been on several jobs competing against that machine and it seemed like it was always down for something.
Ya missed a great opportunity for some fun with the Cat and pan Glenn. A little slower pace and ya ain't waitin for some numbskull truck driver to put his load in the wrong place.
Yeh Joe ... I prolly shoulda did it .. just for the experience ... but I had flashbacks of big birds nests & chickened out. I know all about those steeringwheel holders. I had one dump a load of topsoil right on top of a stake marking a sprinkler head today. I hadda dig it out with the 6 ... & not rip the sprinkler out. Fun stuff every day I gotta deal whith steeringwheel holders. Watch out for the stakes ... dump next to the last pile ... dump next to the corner of my blade if there's no pile .... that all must be like rocket science ! Makes ya wanna wear a shovel out on their head. ~G
Great pic's, Keep them comming. I'am just amazed every time we go to Cabela's how much it changes from time to time. Some where I have a picture of me in diapers on my Grand Dads D47U back in the early 50's. Funny how this yellow iron gets in your blood. dpull
More Pix Got some rain on the D6 GPS job last week ... so I filled in on another small job we're doing. Seems water was travelling under the concrete roadway & eroded away the subgrade bedding ... letting the roadway sink in spots & crack in other spots. We had a sub, saw the concrete ... then we lifted it out in sections with our new bucket & loaded it on trucks. Pretty slick. I was bringing subgrade up the rear with a K-MartSue D37 LGP... this is a buddy of mine running the 220 K-MartSue with a JRB. I'm thinking this job was almost a mile long.
And More Three more ...
Good lord, look at the scratches on that counterweight. What a shame! Now that that's out of the way, Nice pics. Slow and easy loading the trucks with slabs that big.
Concrete ? Well if that job was up here, from the looks of it, that concrete has no rebar or screen mesh, I would break it up with a concrete breaker, and load it out with a thumb equipped excavator and use semi end dumps. Reason to do that is , how is the product going to be handled at the disposal site ?? Recycle or bury. Either way smaller pieces is easier to handle. The places that accept recycled concrete don't want rebar or screen mesh in it. Even dump sites are finicky as to what is acceptable, sometimes the rebar has to be cut flush, as the landfill equipment then gets tangled up in it. Got so bad, that I had to crunch all the concrete and remove the rebar, separate it. rebar went in a dumpster, to the scrap yard, and the clean concrete went to the aggregate plant for recycling. Another note, you can't use concrete with screen mesh or rebar, for rip rap in riverbank protection. Something to do with the chemical reactions,concrete,steel, and water, harming the fish ???? ! :beatsme
But this is West Virginia We're just a buncha hillbillies Northart. I'll mention to my boss that it's faster in Alaska to hammer the concrete ... deal with the 1" rebar .. gather it all up & load it in the truck ... push all the crumbs over the dump ... than it is to load 4 slabs on the truck ... push all 4 slabs over the edge of the 30 ft high private dump. Thanks for the info ! If it works out better/faster ... Maybe the boss will send ya a little something for Christmas ... keep watching the mail.
Love those slab buckets. Pick up the whole piece, no crumbs to have to clean up, and the subgrade crew gets right to work behind the operation. Only one machine to do the demo out on the highway, then deal with it later offsite, if you need it smaller. Sure does pick up the speed.
:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:falldownlaugh:falldownlaugh:falldownlaugh:falldownlaugh:jerry opcorn
Job site Hi SidewinderGlenn, I'm sure you have the most efficient way for your location. That's why I said Alaska, we have no private dumps that take large slabs like that. I was pointing out the difference, in disposal. All our blacktop and concrete is recycled . And it must be prepped or cleaned before it is trucked to the plant. No rebar, no dirt. I've seen those concrete slab buckets, looks like the right tool for your job. There is not one foot of concrete road up here. All Asphalt roads, parking lots. Concrete curb and gutter, concrete in building slabs, foundations,etc. Thanks for the input.
Sidewinder Were the slabs saw cut to fit the dump truck? Nice pics, I like that slab bucket:thumbsup
I think that was their plan Nedly (no one said). I think I heard mention that the slabs were 5' x 12' . They did fit nicely in the truck .. with some wiggle room. They were cut with "Target" type walk behind w/water cooled diamond blade ... right through the rebar & all. Sure made quick work of removing the roadway. Couple of trucks with swinging tailgaits hauling out the slabs & a couple trucks with regular tailgates hauling off the broken up concrete (no rebar) shoulder & faulty subgrade material. ~Glenn
Our roads seem to be about 50/50 mix .... some are asphalt ... some concrete ... I have no idea why :beatsme It's kindof a shame that no one recycles concrete or much asphalt in our area .... especially since most of the local limestone is too soft (in my opinion) to make good bedding material. (just a little too much moisture & you end up with it pumping). West Virginia hillbillies (in my opinion .. ARE a little bihind the times in the recycling aspect !:Banghead) This area used to rely on "Steelmill Slag" for most good bedding .... but with the closing of most of the steelmills in the area ... most contracts have reverted back to spec-ing limestone .... or as most of us here call it "Crush & Mud" Most asphalt "millings" are recycled here ... either as ag in fresh asphalt or just used as ag to cover rural roads. Asphalt chunks go in a fill somewhere. Was hoping you didn't get P.O.'d about the little "Christmas Present" joke ... it was all in fun. We don't have many reg's here about getting rid of such materials ... plenty of people that own big useless ravines on their property that are glad to get them filled in with just about anything dirt, rock, concrete related. Same laws/regs here on using anything rebar/concrete or asphalt ... for waterside rip-rap ... it's a no no. Good to talk with ya Northart ! :usa ~Glenn
Recycle ? Hello SidewinderGlenn, Well glad to hear that, just did not know, what to make of that entry ! These emoticons on the sidebar, help display, thoughts also. Anyway, recycling has become the buzz word up here. Just the way things have evolved. Now , even fairly new ,gas stations , are completely tore up and rebuilt , over and over it seems. Dunno the purpose, as the real old ones from the '50's are still running. Now just in the last couple years, even they succumed. Even the landfills public and private, are making demands unforeseen several years ago. Rules , rules, rules. Life just gets more complicated.
Love the D9G Glenn, I have not seen a D9G in quite a while, as all the ones in California are retired. Looks like Mashuda holds onto the older iron. Would love to hear the straight stack bark!! Thank God for you tube, there are a few posted.
Drillin on the benches Glenn,how did a tractor with a "wing" as you call it end up in Pa? They call that a slopeboard out west, never seen one outside of Ca,Az or Nv
Yup ... they like the older iron ... & keep it in tip-top shape too ! The sound of that old 9 pushin off 777 piles all night long sure was sweet ! ~Glenn
I have no idea Dug. I've seen a few of em around ... but not many here. Sure looks like a handy thing. I got to run it one night ... cleaning up the digging bench for the trucks. Didn't get to use the board though. I remember it kinda made the view of the left corner of the blade a little hard. They used that tractor over in the cut area most of the time ... till the cut was done ... then they brought it over & shined up the slopes of my fill/waste area with it. They sure didn't use it for sloping in the cut area ... it was all left as rock benches. :beatsme I'll hafta get some pics of the area now .... 5 years later. ~Glenn