Hello to all. New guy from Poplarville, MS. Just bought a Bobcat 331 with 1300 hrs. A 2006 model. Going to use it here on my place once I figure how to run it. Ditching, cleaning around my pond, etc... Been cleaning the machine up a bit, changing the engine oil....etc. Hope to learn some things here. Thanks, Pete ps: Blondie is one of my dog's name and she weighs 70 lbs...ha
Howdy. I have the "Operation and Maintenance Manual" for my machine in the first post. It's serial number is 234316028. I want to buy the service/repair manual. I have found some very close to my serial number but not dead on. How close do I have to be ? I see a few with numbers below mine and they say they are for that number and above. I don't understand that. How could an older manual be good for a newer machine...impossible ! Anyways, any advise would be appreciated on the manual hunt. Thanks, Pete
Your set number should fall in between the 2 numbers the manual mention Example 46849 thru 51999 look on eBay for a used one Good luck. Pull both leavers back at the same time and let the dirt roll
Thanks, Farmboy.......only problem is the manuals only give serial number AND ABOVE, so I don't know how far above they mean. I found a service manual listing info on front exactly the same as the operation and maintence manual I have now. I guess that one will work even tho I don't know how high in serial numbers the manual goes. That is my problem...ha. Thank you, Pete
Well, I done went and ordered a manual. A $56 gamble I reckon. Anyways, it was for a serial # just below mine "and above" Heck...maybe all the way to 2018 ! Will find out. Pete
You should be good. Usually there aren't that many model changes, so that a service manual might be good for a couple of successive models with minor differences, just have the both instructions in the manual. There might be several different part number changes in one model, that's where you get parts breaks like "before serial number 3000, between 3,001 and 5,500, and 5,501 and above".
Thank you. Can't work on it now as it is too cold here in South MS. Real cold for us. Was 16* yesterday AM. We ain't used to that. Heck, we had 5" of snow a week ago. Unheard of. Thanks for your input.
Welcome to the Forums Blondie70! Yeah us Southerners ain't used to this cold but that's what firewood, natural gas and long johns are for.
I had 3 pair of long johns on today and a pair of Liberty coveralls over them ! 2 pairs of socks a light jacked and another one over that. But I was warm as toast ! ha ha ha. I did get a bucket tooth welded today and got all 4 back on the bucket with new bolts. Added some hydro fluid to fill the tank. Charged battery and generally messed around. Hopefully the cold will calm down by Saturday. Stay warm and I am glad I found this forum. Pete