just joined looking for some info on trying to find parts for my Bobcat 853. My local dealer showed me the bobcat online parts catalog, and I can easily find the part number for anything I need for my machine. Problem is, my dealer seems crazy high on their prices. Not to mention they have a pretty poor attitude, like I'm bothering them when I go in to buy parts instead of letting them fix the machine. Example- I was looking for a new muffler. Part number 6661769. I was searching online and found an old post on a forum that said $369. I called my dealer this morning and they said over $500 for just the muffler. and another $250 for the exhaust pipe. I needed a new oil pressure switch for my light. they wanted $62. I'm fairly certain I can use one off one of my old Harley motors, and they cost $10. is there any good online source for ordering parts? From what I have seen in my limited searching, it seems like bobcat forces you to go back to the dealer for parts? closest dealer to me is 40 min as it is, and they charge me freight on any part they don't have (which is most for my machine) If I'm paying freight I'd rather just get it shipped to my house.
Maybe: http://www.machinerytrader.com/list/partssearch.aspx?partnum=6661769&pst=starts
Rutt Roh... Awhile ago I stopped into "Bobcat of Erie" for parts for my 642, (always been fair with me) and they said they are now part of "Bobcat of Pittsburgh". And I had a bad feeling about it then, thinking it may not be good.
most dealers will direct ship to your front door. :drinkup
Well I think putting an original exhaust on my machine is out. Sent that dealer on machinery trader an email. They want $450 for the muffler and the same 250 for the pipe. No way I'm putting that into this exhaust. Looks like I'm building my own. Think that's what a lot of people do.
Yup all of the dealers around Pittsburgh are now "Bobcat of Pittsburgh" so that's means the exact same prices down to the penny. So its basically a monopoly in the western half of pa on bobcat parts. good news for anyone is the bobcat oil pressure switch(at least on the older machines) is standard 1/8" NPT threads, so my $10 Harley switched worked just fine.