I have a 2006 Takeuchi Tl150... the bolts that bolt the pump assembly to the bell housing keep snapping? I have tried every grade bolt except 12.9...has anyone out there found a solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Does the pump have a rear mount? Are any of the engine mounts loose or damaged? Is there possibly a vibration problem, or something wrong with the drive plate/coupler?
there is no rear mount for the pump . did takeuchi produce retro fit parts for this problem?
The coupler is bad, debris from it is hanging up the starter...but I am being told by the local Takeuchi dealer that this is a direct result of the broken bolt.
Or vice versa, it's a chicken/egg thing. I'm not familiar with this machine, if there's any way possible to use longer bolts with hard spacer tubes or even just a stack of hard washers, that will help, the longer the bolt the more stretch you get before it fractures.
Man knows what he is talking/typing about. They have to be hardened washers, you've got to get all the paint off the surface where they bear, and the longer bolt will get stretched when torqued properly, will have enough elastic in it to stay tight. Sometimes,(not every time) bolts snap because they loosened up.
thx doug