Just went through a head gasket replacement on a 6C Cummins 8.3 engine in a road grader. Head had .005” of warp across length so I had it resurfaced and checked for cracks at reputable machine shop. No cracks found. I bought a service manual for (what I thought was) this engine online and followed the torque procedure. Gasket kit was not original Cummins part, it was supplied by the owner who got it from a Komatsu dealer. Got it running, ran great did some light work with it maybe half n hour run time. Shut it off checked it over and sure enough the entire length of the right side of the engine and half way length of the left there is coolant seepage where the head meets the block. So now I start digging for answers and it appears the service book I purchased had instructions to torque a pre 91 head. This machine is a 2001. At this point is it possible redoing the torque procedure with the torque turn could remedy the issue or the new gasket is ruined? I did use new head bolts as well. Thanks
I'm sure you did , but did you check the block for flatness ?
I would retorque it and see
At this point, i would drain the coolant, retorque it using the correct method and try it. After all, you’ve nothing to lose and maybe you’ll get lucky
Once upon a time on a 12 valve. Head started leaking water outwardly near front of engine. Retorqued those couple front bolts to goot N tight and all was well for a good while. That was on a couple hundred k engine that probably never had a gasket change on. Got nothing to lose so try retorqueing