Hi, i'm new here, i have a 555E backhoe, serial number 031020315, i would like to order a hydraulic steering filter, but i'm having no luck, i don't know the year of the machine, i took a picture of the filter and the last three numbers appear to be 388, i didn't attempt to remove it as i'm still using the machine. i can't find any filters that end in the numbers i see on mine. I did order a filter but it was too small, it had a number 81863229, don't know what it fits, but i doesn't fit mine. any help would greatly be appreciated.
I have a 98 555E, but I have no idea what you are referring to as a steering filter. In the 4 years I’ve had the machine I’ve never come across one. What is the location of it? picture may help as well.
thanks for the reply , according to my book, it is called a "hydraulic system filter" it's located under the frame, near the fuel tank. it is a fairly large white cylinder. i was having problems with the steering, had a mechanic change out the steering motor, but the steering still isn't right, he said to change out the filter, i went online and ordered one, but i think it is not the correct one. the numbers don't match and it's much smaller than the one on the tractor. sorry i don't know how to get you a picture.
This link tells you how........ HeavyEquipmentForums
I use this site to not only cross reference but find the filters I need. Once you find a number, if you don’t want Baldwin, you can cross for wix, Napa, etc. https://www.baldwinfilters.com/us/en.html
Here is a link to the parts book. Go to ---> Hydraulic Systems Enlarge pane #1.82. https://www.mycnhistore.com/us/en/n...ckhoe/cn/E2F7724F-E6BE-E111-9FCE-005056875BD6