Hi All, Just bought it and it runs great its and 06. I was working with a hydraulic hose leaking ( was going to fix it when I had a moment) and it ran the reservoir dry and the bucket hydraulics stopped responding. So I shut the machine off and removed the hose. Come back the next day and replace the hose and now it wont fire......turns over great, chugs smoke out the stack but wont fire....even with a shot of ether. What the heck, is there a lockout on these machines I need to reset?? any ideas.
I have never heard of a lockout like that but I learn new things every day did you check out the manual for anything of the sort if it has that kinda safety feature it will tell you about it If I was betting I would lean towards pump load keeping it from firing off due to the pump being burned
What color of smoke???
dark unburned diesel smoke.
Either there's too much load on the engine, or the air intake is plugged. Given what happened, it's hard to imagine how the intake would plug overnight. Try turning the engine over by hand, check the valves to be sure they're all centered. Or try to start it with the bucket curl valve operated. Any lockout would keep it from cranking, and keep it from getting fuel, no smoke.
On a side note when the hydraulics ran low on fluid the bucket rams fully extended and then became totally unresponsive. The bucket had forks mounted to it so I lowered the bucket down onto the forks to take the load off before shutting it down. I will try turning the engine over by hand.
Did they extend by themselves? without using the controls?
Yes, By themselves without touching the controls.
I was thinking this is bad, but I don't know how the controls work on that system so I don't know. I'd still try the advice above: Try turning the engine over by hand, check the valves to be sure they're all centered. Or try to start it with the bucket curl valve operated.
It had to be leaking pretty good to drain the reservoir. Maybe the pump is starting to seize? If all the fluid was drained there may not have been enough fluid in the control valve to hold the cylinders. Did the cylinders creep at all before the hose blew? I know on my backhoe when I had all the hoses disconnected except for the stabilizers, and tried to level the hoe to remove it, oil would still come out some of disconnected ports when the engine ran. Apparently this is common. When hoses are hooked up there is no pressure so it doesn't affect anything. Thinking maybe the valve needs oil in it to hold cylinders in position.
Progress. I managed to start it. If I pull back on the stick lifting the loader bucket when starting the machine it starts effortlessly. Like the relief in pressure allows it to start. The Bucket curl is engaged and rams are fully extended with the pump supplying pressure continuously on its own. I'm going to try to trace the line back to the pump and see if I can crack it off there.....I relieved the pressure along the line everywhere else maybe there is a check valve at the pump.
Progress. I managed to start it. If I pull back on the stick lifting the loader bucket when starting the machine it starts effortlessly. Like the relief in pressure allows it to start. The Bucket curl is engaged and rams are fully extended with the pump supplying pressure continuously on its own. I'm going to try to trace the line back to the pump and see if I can crack it off there.....I relieved the pressure along the line everywhere else maybe there is a check valve at the pump.