Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trouble starting when hot

MattReb ยท 2019-10-01 14:36

I have a Volvo BL70 and its new to me. Its a 2003 and it runs great and appears to be very well taken care of. It has about 3500 hours on it. I have only run it about 10 hours but it has shut off on me twice and has had to crank and crank and crank to restart. Every time I start it cold it fires RIGHT up. Every time I've had to start it hot, its had to crank and crank and it seems to be lacking fuel. What seems to help is if I pull the hand throttle to full fuel or push the fuel petal in to full fuel it begins to spit and sputter then starts. I've changed the fuel water separator and the fuel filter. No change. I notice a small lack of power once hot and a slightly lower RPM. Someone who works on diesels told me it sound like it isn't advancing the timing when hot but I can't seem to find any info on that or even if my backhoe has that on the engine. Any help would be great....

Replies0

No replies yet.