I am looking at leasing a new 95 series Extendahoe. Does anybody have any experiences with these backhoes?
Their terrible!!!!! I would really suggest not getting one. A company that I had worked for had a 675, and had nothing but. Bateries dies after two years, after taking side covers of engine off, they were of poor design and hell to get back on. Extenda hoe is terrible; no real way to keep it lubricated (they say teflon spray:umno ) and thing would chatter TERRIBLY when extended in and out. Radio broke after a couple of months, hoe is VERY shaky, Hydraulic line broke before 2,000 hrs, AC quit before 2500 hrs, doesnt like to start at 0-15F, etc. I really have nothing good to say. their JD 310 D now has 5,000 + hours on it, with NO problems.
Cat or Deere. Live with it. Just my opinion. :drinkup
+2 :drinkup
I didn't care for the NH that I ran either. It was borrowed so it only cost us fuel, but that was the only thing I liked about it. The newer one's do look more improved, but why pay to be a step behind everyone else?
My friend has a 675 too and it has just not held up well. The control levers are all sloppy now, the trans lever has about 2" of play in it and the other day when I went to start it the ignition switch spun in the housing. I don't know that he's had any major problems with it, but it is plagued with little stuff going wrong.
I don't know about the new ones but i know of an old one that they said would be real sloppy with the backhoe swing. I never thought much of it until people told me about the fords TLB's.
The "E" series did have their issues, but I know that all of the issues that they had (along with the LB75's) have been addressed. I don't know that if the issues listed are really reasons to not by any piece of equipment. Broken radio - I don't know if a major purchase of equipment should be based on a $200 radio. I have had to operate many a machine with NO radio. Hydraulic line broke before 2000 hrs - I have blown hyd lines on machines with less than 200 hrs, even on the wholly grail of equipment....Caterpillar. A/C quit before 2500 hrs - Again I have been on just about any make of equipment that has experienced a low hour A/C failure. Engine doesn't like to start in cold weather - The engines in the new NH backhoes have nothing in common with the "E" series engines. The new engines are off of the Cummins 3.9B series engine. As far as the extendable dipper. This is actually one of the better designs out there because it adjusts in about 10 minutes (if adjusted properly) doesn't require any grease. Take a look at the new Cat E series.....very similar:naughty If you have a dealer close and you can get parts, it really isn't a bad hoe for the money. It has one of the strongest hoes in the industry and pretty strong front loader as well. I will agree with the hood side shields though....as they are no good :thumbdown :IMO
stay away my friend there terrible gutless poorly made and all around just awful ointhead we had one for a summer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it didnt make it through the summer had alot of problems with it and to top it off one of the main hydraulis lines cracked from the pump it heated up the plastic casing that it sits in underneath the rite hand side of the backhoe it melted the plastic and caught fire burnt the whole front of the backhoe,,,dont belive it go have a look at the new holland in the front were the hydralic tank is look under neath and youll see what they incased the hoises with:notworthy my boss smiled after and said we should brought some marshmellows,,and yes very true about the teflon they told us the same thing:bash but it didnt do a single bit of difference,,my advice to you theres john deere theres cat sometimes the name also stands for quality new holland make great farm tractors :salute thats it..............
I would guess your talking about the 675E which is an 10 year old machine. New Holland has made improvement since then you know. I would put it against a cat. After all Cat was using the same rearend and trans. in the 420D as the New Holland. The E series was a completely new model when it came out 10 years ago and like all models many improvements have been made over the years. The new B95 is a very good machine. I'm sure the cat and deere are good also, but I wouldn't take the New Holland out of the running. The best thing to do is demo the units your interested in. Find out for yourself which one works best for you.
We have a 1996 JD 410-D.With 5,000 hours, No major probs. except the hydraulic pump, which deere fixed pronto and it was covered under warrenty. You may pay more initially for a Deere or a Cat but you just can't go wrong with them!!!
I understand that the reasons that I gave you arent the best reason not to buy a machine, however, a lot of the problems that I listed were due to one common denominator- low build quality. It's everywhere - the reversable pads on the outriggers have an awful rubber bushing to keep them in place..... this goes bad quickly. Cap for hydralics is a PLASTIC threaded unit...... needless to say, it doesnt like being taken apart... Seat wouldnt stay locked strait ahead key for ignition spun in it's casing One of the most annoying features - When putting the machine in gear while the parking brake is on trips a sensor and the horn for the machine blares until you take it out of gear or release the brake... a smaller, much quieter signal for just inside the cab would have done fine. No need to let everyone on the Job site know you messed up......:Banghead
The machine I'm cryin about is no more than 5 years old... if that helps.......
I had forgotten about that part. My dad used to do that every time he got in it. Then he'd look over and see me laughing:lmao . So I guess technically the NH did put a smile on my face, but not in a good way.
Easy way to solve this one...... ointhead Do I have to say it......remember to take the PB off Point taken biggixxerjim.....and I agree that there are still some little things that are annoying, but if you have a decent dealer and for the money.....they are not that bad of machine.
Whenever the founder of that company (age 67) that I talked about would get in the machine, EVERY TIME HE WOULD GO TO TAKE OFF YOU WOULD HEAR THAT DAMN HORN :falldownlaugh :Banghead
I demoed the New Holland then I went straight over and tried the new John Deere 310J with pilot controls. I sign the lease for the 310 next week. I have been in JD's my whole life and really like their machines. I just wanted to see if the NH was similar. The interior of the NH was great but I was not too happy with the backhoe. It felt like there was no feel or touch to the controls. It is going to cost another $800 per month for the JD but I can make most of it up in resale cost if I decide to purchase the machine. I will make all of it up with operator comfort!
:lmao oh lord i can hear that hidious horn,, :lmao thats so true i forgot about that too!!!:lmao
Yeah, about the only nice thing I saw in the New Holland was the inside of the cab and the low price. You can get a loaded HN with less than 2000 hours for ~$25,000. A similar Cat or Deere would run you $35,000. That alone tells you something.
It truly is one of the more wretched horns I have ever heard :guns
and god forbid you get a little rock stuck in there and it wont release all the way :bash :lmao turn it off !!! geez i havent laughed this much in a long time :lmao
Yeah, about the only nice thing I saw in the New Holland was the inside of the cab an You pay for what you get I have always been told.
So if these hoes are a POS then who is buying them. Since the CNH merger I would think that if the NH hoe was that poor than they would market the CASE hoe as a NH. I have asked this question before as it seemed to me that the NH hoe had a very small market. I have yet to see one working anywhere out here. It seemed that with CASE building the marketshare leading hoe that they would have put the NH out to pasture and sell the CASE. It is all the same company in the end. I just assumed that maybe out East you guys were buying them. I know were not.
A guy down the road has a newer one that he has been using to do some work on his land. The model number escapes me at the time. I had borrowed it one time to clean out the beaver dams in one of our streams and found it to be a decent machine. Everything worked on it but with only around 800 hours, everything should. The only way I can explain why I didn't like it was that it really didn't feel like "contractor grade" to me. It felt like if I pushed it hard then something might break. Couldn't really pin point anything specific. There was one problem, when you set the throttle anywhere between 1/2 and full, the RPMs would fluctuate a couple hundred RPMs. :beatsme He said it had done it since new..... I can compare it to another TLB I have operated that I didn't like. That would be a Terex. Both seemed the same to me, lacking finesse and build quality and both were overly sensitive.
I see a lot of Landscapers using them out here.....fairly easy work and quite a bit of idle tile is prob. why they went the cheap route. Either that or the salesmen that sells them their skidsteers had something to do with it....
Engine covers We had an operator-trainer give us some feedback on the LB75.B Turbo in 2005, and the engine side covers were an issue with him, too. Don't know if it's the same design you're seeing. http://www.constructionequipment.com/article/CA508187.html
The evaluator seemed to like the NH. I also liked the mag and filled out a subscription.
So... why hasn't anyone mentioned JCB? After all, New Holland is just a knock-off of a JCB. I've got three of the NH farm tractors, but I don't think I'd touch NH-CE. I'm a Cat man, but when it comes to backhoe loaders, I think the JCB are a sweet deal. We've got two 217s, and although they're really the only ones I've put much time on, I've also been around an older Case, Deere, and a few newish Cats, and wasn't overly impressed. Simple things like the clutch built into the loader joystick, the seat-mounted joystick controls for the hoe, same as on the track hoes, I liked them. Don't even seem to ride that bad, considering how rough I was using them. Maybe if somebody else would bring some 4-wheel steer models to the table, besides Case... -Josh
Welcome to the forums! I know Cat's got some headaches on its E-series, but when they were released, I think the thought was to see how the 434E and 444E fared in Europe, then bring them over if the market was ripe. Don't know what the thoughts are now.
If like the JCB you should check out the new Deere TMC machines.... Here is the brochure
Wow, they got some really great features on that new machine
I`m in love with the new deere backhoes.I like the options,features and the cab.The cab look confortable for the operator .Very good product.
Ooops you missed a bit... How about cruisin' around in this bad boy. You'd probably spend more time waxing it than working it though.
i ran a 590 super something, 4 stick. that thing was fast and powerful. we use to put in 1000 gal. spetic tanks with it. it was not truned up ether. i miss that hoe:cool2
hey wulf,you have take the case black backoe pictures at the national heavy equipment show in toronto???Do you have more pictures to send me by a private message?
Welcome to HEF JoshA! :drinkup
That is the same backhoe I saw at World of Concrete. The image on the glass is a rather interesting design that I was describing in another backhoe loader post.
Cat, Deere, or Case, in that order. New Holland's did not work out for me, operators did not like them and would not run them if they had any choice at all. Same for JCB and Terex. Yep, they are cheaper. Terex practically gave us one in California, but didn't do any good as no one would run the derned thing. Dealer service and parts are a big issue with anything out of the top three here in the states. Overseas, the American machines do not have as good of dealer networks as here, thus the other machines have a good advantage, beside national pride and identity that is. JCB isn't called "junk coming from Britain" for nothing you know. In 1973 I took delivery on the first two JCB backhoes in the State of Florida for the dealership I was working for at the time. They had all kinds of quality and performance problems that could not be addressed by us, so back to factory they went. Even ole JC Bamford himself admitted during a visit with us that those two machines were a pretty sorry example of his outfits production.
New Holland and Terex have four-wheel-steer machines here. Cat and Komatsu sell them in Europe. Go to this page to see a photo of New Holland's B115 and download a brochure: http://construction.newholland.com/...ENNA&lineid=447&seriesid=2697&view=idvg#Image This page has a photo and specs for the Terex TX970B: http://www.terexca.com/products/pdfs/TX970B.pdf As recently as July 2005, Komatsu marketed model WB150AWS-2N with four equal-sized wheels and all-wheel steer in North America. Now I can't find any mention of the machine on the company's North American website, but their UK site has all the details of the WB97S5, which is all-wheel steer. See it here: http://www.komatsueurope.com/new_equipment/machine_data.cfm?prdt_id=342&body=features.cfm&lang_id=en Speaking of European derivations, Caterpillar's 444E sold in Europe has four equal-sized tires, four-wheel drive, and four-wheel steer as well. http://unitedkingdom.cat.com/cda/layout?m=65265&x=7 Best, L
"Friends don't let friends buy New Holland"
Personally, I'd stay away from any New Holland. I've demoed them and the hands all said they didn't like them. Prefered the Cat or Case, tho a couple did kinda like the 310 Deere. No dealer organization in many places. Boss couldn't pass up a steal and purchased a used one from Chevron-Texaco. No one in California projects wanted to run it so I sent it up to our Wyoming operations. It broke up there and the only New Holland dealer was five hours away and only handled farm side. He eventually got the parts in tho, took nearly three weeks. Cat surely did screw up by using the same axle assembly as NH. Cost us a large fortune in brakes till I found some non-OEM that held up to the heat. (No oil cooler) I had to buy a used axle assembly and keep it on hand rebuilt so we didn't lose too much on downtime due to burned up brakes. Don't know if Cat has this problem licked yet. JCB. Junk coming from Britain. Same deal, very limited dealerships. Our operators also did not like them. Same for Terex. NH trying to buy market share, as is Terex. But I don't think either brand will ever do any good here.
In this thread: I posted some for those fans of JCB TLB's.
How long ago was this? I only ask because we haven't had a single problem with the service brakes on our 01 420D. It's been roaded a fair bit too. Just didn't know if I should be watching out for something or not:beatsme . The parking brake doesn't hold like it used to, but I can never remember to look at it to see what's wrong.
Had major problems with Cat 416's and 420D's in the brake and differential area. Brakes wore quickly, and all that very abrasive stuff wore thorough the housings and ate up all the bearings for the gears. Very expensive to replace and repair. We used Cat oil, but found we had to had to change it every engine oil change. (Cat ran out of discs for a while so bought some from NH, same thing) After 1st set of brakes on new machines wore out (sometimes within 500 hours), switched to another non-OEM brand of friction material. This material lasted far longer, but more importantly, it was not abrasive and didn't tear everything else in the compartment up. This was in 2001-2004. Cat house said we traveled the machines too far at high speed. Housings only hold five gallons, no cooler or filter. Cat axle assemblies got very hot when traveling. No problem in this area on Case 580's or Deere 310's, all doing the same work. I won major concessions with Cat on warranties as we sampled every change starting with brand new. They were horrible results, very dirty and all from the brakes discs. Had one mechanic who could swap out axle assemblies in about four hours after we got our spare assembly set up. I've heard that Cat has gone to different brake material now, maybe from same supplier that I used. I know they were trying some of his in 2003.
Speaking of Cat 420's, how many here have had problems with dirty engine oil samples, i.e., high silicon? Look for cracked rocker cover. The early ones tended to crack right by the filler hole tube at the base. Cat did have a PIP replacement program at one time for these.
Thanks. We haven't been on the road in a while and it looks like it will stay that way now. All fluids were changed out about 200 hours ago and we've done less roading since then as well. Good information to be aware of though. We don't do a lot of work and never really looked into doing sampling, but ours is serial # below 300 and the rocker cover looks fine.
have to jump in here about NH backhoes. I sold my 416 cat POS 4 years ago and bought a LB110. Every contractor around laughed at me. But not the farmers. Most local farm equipment is either JD or NH. The NH backhoe is a 30 year old Ford design and its actually pretty good. There was definately a quality control problem with mine, but I'd like to think its because its an earlier model. It was made in Italy, and all the new ones are made in the US. Once I got the bugs worked out, which took a year, it has been excellent. The side covers are crap, my AC has been fixed 8 times and still doesn't work, I loose the window latches regularly, and I blew a hose under the cab two weeks after I bought it. Had to be dragged off the jobsite by my competition in his JD. But I paid 40K less than the new Cat, I got a 5 yr bumper to bumper warranty, 1 percent financing, and I just talked to the dealership about trading it in, and they offered me a new one for mine plus 45 G's. And it has run like a charm for 4000 hours now. The hydraulics are awesome. I can place 750g and 2pce 1200g concrete septic tanks. try that with another brand. I know a cat and a JD won't do it. It does 40 kliks on the road, and with the doors closed it is as quiet as my pickup. And the extenda hoe or whatever they call it is very good. the trick to lubricating it is not to. I haven't adjusted it in over two years, because the slides become smooth as glass over time, and if you keep them out of the crap, they don't seem to wear. Also they have a really nicely designed clam bucket. Oh, and they put horn buttons on the control levers front and back. Nice touch. What else.... Some of the interior plastic is junk. My key doesn't spin yet, but its in a hole cut in the junk plastic, so I expect it will one day. Freaking hate the horn-hooked-up-to-the-handbrake idea. On the other hand, the handbrake works great still, and the one on the Cat never did. You sure as hell can't drive with it on, unless you are deaf. Happy digging. BearmountainMartin
Deere I would go with a Deere because i have one and like it.
Whille New Holland may make a decent backhoe, the side covers in the engine area would automatically eliminate them from my consideration. Who wants to remove side covers to do fluid checks, etc.? Where do you put the side covers when they're off? On the hood? In the dirt? If you own a NH backhoe and are not always operating it, I would think that a large proportion of operators would be less likely to be bothered removing the side covers to perform daily checks versus a tilt up hood. New Holland needs to change the design to a tilt up hood.
Yes Trex2, I would like to see New Holland change the side covers too. They have talked about a tilting hood but nothing as of yet. Otherwise the backhoe is very good machine with more lifting and breakout force than a cat or deere.
I have a ford 555d with what apears to be an interlock problem. any suggeations?
ignition interlock sorry.
well we bought a 2011 b95b new. over the years ive had 4 case 580s a deere 410 and this has been the best of the bunch 1950 hrs hasnt had a warranty claim cost 8000 less to buy.And all the operators love it.
just bought a used 2010 b95b NH. brakes worked when I put it away next time no brakes. any ideas? thanks. 3100hrs
The company I work for has 3 675E’s still. 12 years after this thread started. They are all 4wd full cab extendahoes. They are old and tired but will still get it done. The key barrels have all been replaced and the hood side sheets are gone... the sticks work good no chatter and since my first backhoe I bought was a Ford. It seems like old home week to me. They are mostly relegated to tramming material and unloading trucks with forks but 25 years later they are still in the game
JCB dealers are far and few in Illinois. I have never seen a JCB t/l.backhoe in my area.
The E-s were very good machines. A couple of bugs but those got worked out. After that I lost track of things. Ford owned the backhoe market before New Holland destroyed it. Cat licensed the Ford rear axle because it was bulletproof but didn't copy it in it's entirety. Ford oil capacity is greater and surface area that promotes cooling is greater. If I recollect correctly, the real problem was Cat screwed up and used the wrong oil which brake caused failure. I remember Cat guys buying Ford MC2134d to use in their 416-s to avoid brake problems.
I'm probably not the best to speak about it since mine is a minimal use backyard backhoe but I have a 2004 LB75B, with about 5000 hours, that I'm pleased with. I've put about 600 or so hours on it with no issues that weren't my fault. Yes, it came with some issues, like non-working AC and a seat that likes to turn on it's own, but it was affordable and it works as I expect it to. It's handling all the projects I have for it and I'm finding more.
Ok, I have been following this thread and have some questions. - Several posters have spoken about the side covers on New Hollands...Is there a specific model or series of models associated with. - Several have posted about the parking brake alarm problems. Again, Is this problem specific a model or series of models. - Most recently I saw a comment about brakes on a B95, Are brakes a common problem? - I haven't seen much mentioned in this thread about the engine in these TLBs. I think there was one mention that the engines are Iveco, if my memory serves me correctly. Are they all Ivecos and are they any good? - I see no reference to the extendable boom on these units. They look different than most I have seen. Is this a hardy design? Are the wear pads in the boom easily replaced and do they wear faster or slower than other brands? The reason I am asking is because I will be purchasing a used backhoe in 2020, and want all the information I can get prior to the purchase. I am looking at the B95 (~2007 model year) size unit. Please note that I am looking at multiple brands and have no preconceived notions about cat vs case vs JD vs NH (although I can see that many here have a favorite). I am just looking for a reliable piece of equipment for my 43 acres in North East PA.
You have to take my experience as a relatively light user on my NH... -Engine covers are finicky and not well designed to stay on properly. Not a deal breaker for me but I could see how someone that had to get into the engine compartment regularly may get annoyed with them. I would imagine if I looked more closely there's a decent way to rig them up to be better. I haven't worried about it. -Parking brake alarm is just an alarm. If you remember to release the brake the alarm (yes, it's loud and annoying, purposely) you'll never hear it. It goes off when the parking brake is on and you put in in forward or reverse. It's loud and annoying enough to be effective in teaching you to check it prior to moving the direction lever. When mine was being delivered I didn't realize that that was the terrible noise I heard as I tried to back it off the trailer. Now I know and I check, most of the time. The back up alarm is annoying to (for my use) so it was easy to disconnect, and I think it made the neighbors a little happier. -I don't know if anyone has messed with the brakes on mine, before I got it, but mine are fine. -I've had no issues with my extendahoe, and I feel like I've put it through some abuse. I've read some stuff you aren't really supposed to do with it extended and as long as you keep that in mind I don't think it'd be an issue. Greasing it properly is a question but it just calls for a general grease that isn't expensive or hard to get. Just squeeze some in and it's ok. I went with NH because I did a fair amount of review research and didn't see many complaints (I didn't see anything like this thread at all!) and it was affordable to me with all the features I really wanted, namely 4wd and extendahoe. I also rented a NH a couple years back that was easy to learn as a first timer and it worked well. I imagine my opinion may be different if I used the machine a lot more or if I was counting on it to make me money, however, it's just there to be my muscle when I need it around the yard. For that it's been great.
aighead, Thanks for the response! I feel that my use would be on par for the use that you describe. I will not be making a living nor using the machine every day. What has drawn me to some of the New Holland units is the price with the features I want. I have basically just started to search, but it quickly became evident that New Holland was thousands cheaper. In the late 80s I worked on a fleet of Ford 555,655,755 backhoes. I always though they held up pretty well for the abuse our guys gave them. At the time we also had some case. They were not terrible machines either. They both had their quirks but overall were good. I can only hope that machines have gotten better since then. Do you know who makes the engine in your machine and is it controlled by electronics? The engine in the old Fords I worked on was made in-house and the Case was using Cummins in the day. Are your backhoe controls wobble sticks or joystick pilot controls? If so, do you like them? I have noticed many New Hollands for sale with the joystick controls. I have no experience with these but am not opposed to learn them. Down the road I will be purchasing an excavator, so perhaps this would a beneficial feature for me. Thanks again, and Happy New Year!
Off hand I don't know who made the engine, I'll try to find out. And I don't know what you mean by controlled by electronics, my initial guess is no, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of electronics or computers getting in the way. I could totally be wrong on that but my guess is my model is a year or two prior to becoming computerized. Mine is controlled with the wobble sticks. I've never messed with pilot controls, from what I understand there is a ergonomic benefit with the pilot controls but I can't say. When I rented the one a couple years back I was surprised to find I felt pretty confident controlling everything within maybe a day's worth of work. That doesn't mean I'm a pro, but they were easy to learn and I've gotten pretty precise with them. Having never used another brand of hoe I will say there is some swing to the hoe side but with practice and a light touch it's a non-issue, and I don't know if it's more or less than other machines. Happy new year to you as well!
aighead, Yes, I was referring to electronic controls on the engine. I dont know when the switch was made, but most engines had a mechanically controlled injector pump. Then they moved to some electronic controls on the mechanical injector pump. From what I understand, most, if not all engines today are computer controlled high pressure common rail injection in which the computer controls everything. I do know that the modern engines run well and pollute little, but for me, it would be cheaper to not have to either purchase test equipment or pay someone to diagnose. I understand the the John Deere E series is all mechanical and the G series went to some electronics in the injector pump. I am including John Deere in my search, but thus far they are quite expensive for what you get. When I say what you get, I mean hours, condition, and the options that are on my must-have list. I am proficient with the 2-stick wobble sticks. I have a backhoe mounted on a New Holland tc33d tractor. It works great for what it is. I am just curious about the pilot controls because I have seen them on several NH units that I have found for sale. Bottom line, If I hear they are troublesome, I would steer clear in my search. BTW - I agree, if the unit I purchase has a backup alarm, it will quickly get disabled. Not removed, in case I decide to sell the machine it could be enabled again. It is quiet around my property, and I dont want to change that! Thanks for your response!
If you want to assume that this site knows what it's talking about its a Cummins engine... This one looks exactly like mine, though mine has the yellow top, and this linked one is in a little better shape. We'll, looking harder at it maybe mine isn't the same... The exhaust on the linked one is on the other side of the engine as mine. https://www.govdeals.com/?fa=Main.Item&itemid=174&acctid=78
Here's a little info. When the E-s came out, they used the Genesis engine, 304 ci, BSD 450. From what I see online, the later machines did also, but I don't know when or if a change was made down the line. Here's a link to a NH brochure that will help. If I were you, I'd stay away from the powershift transmission because they're expensive to work on and you don't need quick cycle times. The Genesis was an improvement over the earlier engines. https://www.peakequipment.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/lb75.b-specs.pdf
I don't remember the E-s having any of the traditional emissions like catalytic converters, but it's been a long time. If you want to determine what emissions a prospective hoe has, go to messicks.com and look at the parts diagrams. You'll be able to tell which models are mechanical and whether later models went electronic and whether they have cat-s and/or dpf-s or not.
If you want to assume that this site knows what it's talking about its a Cummins engine... This one looks exactly like mine, though mine has the yellow top, and this linked one is in a little better shape. We'll, looking harder at it maybe mine isn't the same... The exhaust on the linked one is on the other side of the engine as mine. Maybe NH switched to Cummins for emission reasons in 2004. The Case engine was certified and would have been easy to drop in. But for the fact that you say the exhaust moved, I'd say it still had the Genesis engine.
Peter Gabriel Genesis or Phil Collins? Makes a huge difference. That's a dumb joke and I don't really know if they were in the band at the same time.
Originally they were.
I think they were both gone in 2004. https://www.govdeals.com/?fa=Main.Item&itemid=174&acctid=78
aighead & Check Break, So, I did a little surfing on the web and found out that the engine in the B95 is an Iveco 445T/M2 (from Tractor Data). It seems that this engine was also installed in Case 580M series backhoes. Check Break, I took your advice and looked on the New Holland parts site (a great idea!). It turns out that this engine has a traditional mechanical pump in it, and the only electrical connection I see is for the fuel solenoid. I also read somewhere that Cummins has some connection with Iveco in the design, but I don't remember where I read this (oldtimers setting in), but looking at the individual valve covers, I can believe it because Cummins has done this for ever. I have not found any real complaints about the engine on the web, so that seems to be good news. aighead, looking at Richie Specs, it shows that you have the same engine. Thanks for the replys!
So, I did a little surfing on the web and found out that the engine in the B95 is an Iveco 445T/M2 (from Tractor Data). It seems that this engine was also installed in Case 580M series backhoes. Thanks for the update. That makes a lot of sense. It's a wonder Fiat didn't paint the 580M yellow and call it a NH.