Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland C175

NCPIPELINE ยท 2012-11-01 08:27

Having problems with machine stopping(still running) while traversing. It sets brake, and glow plug illuminates....

Replies9
  1. #1Bobcatdan2012-11-01 18:54

    No NH tech here, but I would guess you are lossing RPM signal. Apples to oragnes here, if a bocat does it, it is normally a bad rpm sensor. The skidsteer simple doesn't think it is running.

  2. #2eric122012-11-01 21:51

    does it just stop dead when your driving, like set the brakes and stop? or shut down?

  3. #3NCPIPELINE2012-11-02 05:47

    It set the brakes, and jerks you to a stop. Engine still running. Press (P) on display on continue on, then BAM jerked to stop again and again over and over this goes.

  4. #4Bobcatdan2012-11-02 07:42

    That is an rpm sensor problem. When ever I have a bobcat that will not release the brake or it comes on while running, I always check rpm signal. The dead give away is if the engine is cold is it will cycle the glowplugs because it dosn't think the engine is running. I wish a NH guy would chime in thou, I know enough about NH to dangerous, but by no means an expert.

  5. #5NCPIPELINE2012-11-02 09:17

    I searched the parts diagrams for this machine and I can not find a RPM sensor...

  6. #6eric122012-11-02 09:51

    I had the same thing happen on a cat and it was the seat sensor. But you have to test the seat sensor, the arm rest or seatbelt depending on what it has.

  7. #7randy792012-11-24 10:13

    Yes I am shure it is in the seat belt switch that is the only think that will set the park brake on that unit. The seat switch will but there is a 5 secound delay on it so it would beep at you first. I had a new holland 218 do the same thing drive along then just lock up the brakes.

  8. #8Hardline2012-11-24 10:35

    I have a customer with a LT185.B track machine that did that and it was the door switch for the cab door. Does your have a cab?

  9. #9NCPIPELINE2012-11-26 09:50

    No cab, sprayed some electrical cleaner in the seat belt connection, and changed a fuse for the 2 speed. No problems since.