My high flow is only one direction. Is this normal? I have a high flow brush cutter that I picked up and a Loftness mulcher. The machine runs them only in one direction. I switched the hoses around and both attachments will run in the opposite direction fine. So, the machine is only providing flow in one direction. The issue is that I can't run the mulcher backwards to clear it and the brush cutter has bi-directional blades, so it would be nice to wear both sides of the blade.
It should provide a small amount of flow in the opp. direction. Some attachments have check valves to prevent reverse flow (although I doubt that is the case here). The Loftness mulcher is design to cut up not down. So in that instance you do not want to reverse the cutting action. There might be an issue with the machine if it does not go backward. I believe that it should provide about 10 gpm in the opp direction.
Ok, it may be providing 10GPM then as there is slow rotation in reverse. I guess I was used to the normal flow brush cutter I used to have as it could cut in both directions. No real reason to have dual sided blades on the high flow brush cutter. Thanks
I think something is wrong. Almost all high flow brush cutters run in both directions. I hooked up the mower to low flow and it runs fine both directions, so my C238 isn't putting out flow in one direction....
our tv380's which are the same as your nh will run our bradco mowers in both directions...high flow