The two machines are basicly the same except color looks to be? Since i is weekend and hopefully several of you would be able to help over the weekend. Would like all your good and bad,mainly for the Case K, New Holland DC model since that is what i'm interested in checking out. Any size from the small ones to the largest? Where do they change from hydrost to converter machine??? The cab is suppose to be able to tilt too side ? Also i like the thought of cummins engine,but from there don't know much about. Probably Berco undercarriage i persume? Post away.Please:usa
Deere or Case I don't know anything about Case or NH. NH dozers not sold in Australia. I am in the market for 110 - 120 hp dozer and are considering JD700J or Case 1150K as well as the Cat(currently have D4H series11). If anyone has JD or Case (or both) experience I would be most interested to hear their thoughts. thanks firetrack
I'm not hearing anything bad about Cat, Deere, or Case companies right now, although Cat has laid off a number of workers at factories here in the states. In other words, I don't think any of them are going under. All three build good equipment though Cat probably has the best resale value. Much will depend on dealer salesman and dealer parts and service availability. Deere and Cat seem to have the most innovativeness right now, not hearing much from Case with regard to new technology. I confess to not knowing a thing about New Holland's, but would venture to say that they will have to match price, warranty, service and parts considerations. Maintenance and repair will be at top of things to think about. And, does New Holland have staying power for the next 100 years?
There is dealer network close to me,plus mainly looking for short term use to cover work load. Both models have the tilt cab,which if i get one will have the cab and comfort part.The tilting of cab in 10 mintue was stated.That is a plus,and i like a cummins engine,so there is a couple things i liked. Just was wondering what some others have find out that they like or dislike:beatsme. As for Deere one of the comments i hear was hard to work on,but just one person,opinion. The New Holland and Case are priced right as far as used machine,like most new they are right with the rest(Priced out new).Due to my time left in the bus just need a low price machine to fill in.I have other machine to do the main work load when normal.:usa
The only problem I ever had with my 750K was electrical. The thermostat that controlled the compressor and condenser fans went out twice, also replaced the fan speed switch once. Other than that never had a problem with it.
Got a case 1650 k lgp and the thing has been a nightmare. Engine went at 4000 hrs, leaks in the driveline left right and centre, over heating, transmission problems. The thing is such a headache. Il sell you one real cheap! New engine, and u/c and all new seals!. Now the machine its self( when it isnt in for some type of repair) is a great machine. Strong machine and very light . Im sure the new L series is much better. As for the New Holland , I had once rented a dc 100 and i would not reccomend one unless it is an amazing deal. The machine lacked some real power , was slow to engage in forward or reverse, and rattled every bone in my body unlike any other blade ive operated. With New Holland construction equipment , my suggestion is stay away from anything pre 2007. The newer models of blades im sure are almlost identical to the case machines, and the excavators I here are decent machines. (Pretty sure they are very similar to the new Kobelco's ) I also have a 2007 c185 compact track loader that after 700 hours i am not a fan of at all. Good luck. Let us know what you end up getting.
Have you every tilted the cab? i was thinking it is side way tilt not back? I see your machine is wide track,what width track?Also how many hours and what type of work are you using the machine for? Any other thoughts on your likes and dislike as in the operating part would be helpful?:usa
some pics. 1650 apart awaiting parts. And yes the cab does tilt quite a ways to the right hand side (if you were sitting in the cab it would be your right) And all the pannels for the engine swing upwards and are held there by gas compressed shocks. I will try and take some pictures of the cab tilted for you tomorow.
Jbl- that 750 looks like a nice little blade!
Really !!!! First off thanks for the reply! So do you think the engine thing was fluke thing or what:beatsmeCummins is normally very dependable ,unless like detroit ,get to hot.Was that the issue. Is there a newer model out them ,you said L?????What kind of work and conditions do you run your machine in.If way up north, then sure cold one,plus if lgp machine must be wet(swamp,soft footing)? How far north are you are you?What year is your machine.So far trying to get info.Did look at New Holland 2005 DC95 machine 1400 or so hours,priced right ,but it left fast.:usa
Yes there is a new model out the L series. I believe she is a 2005 or 2006. Machine was originally from Florida and were from Ontario Canada. Machine wasnt ran in any really cold weather. Machine is used for lots! Topsoil work, making berms, gravel work, pushing lots of muck from storm water management ponds we clean etc etc. What will you be using your blade for? What size machine are you looking for?
TSS WOW ! Thanks for the pic.See Deere and Cat in the back ground.Respond about the Deere also, if you have time.The Deere looks to be a J is that right? 450 or bigger? What the problem with the Case Now track off,are they Berco tracks. I have a couple Cats ,so don't need a run down on them :usa
Too start out with i was maining thinking small machine to use mainly with my field drainage bus.I install field drainage tile for farmers,all types of farm related work.Backfilling tile trenches behind my trenchers(two). Because it is always wet xtl wide tracks,or lgp machine.Strarted looking at 450H Deere to give you and little idea,but has since drifted off course some.Imagine that Don't they do field drainage work in your area? Thanks for the fast reply.Interesting in hearing more .So how is the service.Your machine needs enclosed cab for me.Sorry,old guy here. Thats why it is taking some time for me to find,plus cost,my age and a few dozen other things!:usa
Case was getting new seals. Yes that is a complete berco u/c on it. (not sure if berco is factory for them) The jd is a 450j lgp. Excellent little blade. I would imagine that this blade would work just fine for what you are doing. Im suprised at the power it has for a small blade. It only has 230 hours on it so i cant say to much about reliability. Its a deere so i would imagine there wont be many problems any time soon. She is used mainly for light grading, spreading gravel, and the odd time pushing over loads of material. Now its not as fast as the other blades simply beacause of its size but if you dont mind spending a little more time , the blade will gladly do it. Farmers over here do get tile drainage done, i just havent seen much being done recently. Glad to here you have lots of work. What other equipment do you run? Post some pictures sometime! Good luck.
i've got a 850 h lt great machine, haven't heard alot of good things about the nh's, even though they are sposed to be the same
I have several machine ,Cat, Deere just bought a Deere 50D mini to go along with my Deere CTL 332,which i use with one of my trencher,but want to be able to spit up trencher to get around to customer faster. So wanting another backfill machine for each machine crew.Also have Cat mini.Set like this one trencher,one mini and one backfill machine .Two crews.Then there is support stuff.Tile stringing trailers and so fore. D6R ,D6H for terracing the fields,after the tiling is completed.:usa
Anyone else tonight have info on New Holland ,Case ,or even Deere in the small size to bigger dozers?????:usa
new holland dozers are crap i've ran a dc95 and it sucked arse bigtime no power at all wants to stall under a good load
Yes and does tilt to the side. The cab tilting procedure is very easy, hydraulic control levers (no hoses have to be disconnected) and throttle are on quick disconnects. Pull bolts that hold the cab and the sweeps and jack it over. I was surprised at how far it tilted over, everything is easy to get to. It is a wide track but came with 18 inch pads on it, not sure why. If it had the 24 inch pads you could probably go anywhere with it. Also it had the extended service undercarriage on it. The bushings on the rails had another bushing over them that rotated and the sprockets have fewer teeth but are much larger. In 1800 hours I adjusted the track tension twice which was kind of amazing to me since it is berco undercarriage. The machine was mainly used for building pads but did some light clearing and a few very small ponds. Some dislikes I had were the electrical problems and it is quite a bit louder in the cab than the komatsu d31. There were a few things with the cab layout that were stupid. The cup holder is behind the seat, and the climate controls were partially covered by the arm rest. This may have been fixed with the L model? I got rid of it when it hit 1800hrs and the resale value was terrible. Overall the machine had more than enough power and had really good fuel economy. I have pulled a 9 yard scraper with no problems. Cutting grade on pads I could run almost 20 hours on 50 gallons. Pushing hard it dropped to between 12-15 hours. That's about all I can think of hope this helps you out.
Anyone who downs there machines either have not operated one or knows nothing about dozers. I bought a 650j in spring of 07. Nice machine but power sucks. Sold it two weeks later and bought a 650K. My operators would not speak to me because I sold the deere and to them I sold them out. Well after they ran it they all ate there words. They love the machine. In 08 we were looking at another 20k lbs dozer and after looking and testing we settled on a dc85 and have never looked back. Yes, our dealer support is limited and our case dealer is a nightmare. These machines are ran almost everyday and have about 6000 hours on the case and about 3500ish on the 85. I could have bought 2 85 for the price of a d4. There are just not alot of these machines around to get a good rep. I have pics of the case and nh but not shure where they are. Ive posted them on here before. Cab tilt is a nice feature. Resale value does suck. Fit and finish are good. Enclosed cab is very quiet. Visibilty is good. Stock lighting sucks compaired to the deere.
sandnsnow, Sorry i missed your post yesterday,sounds like the Case and NH was sucess and the Deere a failure(well not complete). It is hard to get a feeling for a machine with so few replys.You have some postives then here comes a negative. Others has bragged about the Deere power and now you say no? The Deere machine looked to be new did you have the dealer come and look or check things out for the low power? Would like to hear more?:usa
Construc'o, There are a few other guys around here that have a case 650 and have had little or no problems with theirs. Ya, John Deere came out and came again and again. But we keept comparing it to the case. It just never had the power. They plugged it in and tweeked and tuned, just not there. We have never had any regrets about the case or NH. If we buy another with will go with a New Holland. There main rep from NH came from seattle to see me and check on the machine. Nice added bonus. Told me I could call him 24/7 if I ever had a problem.
If you are talking about their sales rep from Seattle, you can't call him now because as of a couple of weeks ago he no longer works for the company!! I am very partial to Deere, but I also feel that the Case/NH machines are pretty good little tractors (100HP and down). Like you have mentioned their biggest downfall is the support side, both parts and service. I'm glad you have had good luck with your CNH crawlers.
Well at least I got a jacket and a hat from him. Too bad, Im glad I never had to call him.:beatsme
test