Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland DC80 Dozer Parts-Final Drive

stephen brzezinski · 2023-06-27 14:52

Now that New Holland has stopped selling parts for their DC dozers, it is pretty depressing trying to find a part. Right now, I'm looking for a final drive or at least the 1rst reduction planetary gear carrier. At a very minimum, it would be great if there is way to fix the bearings on the planetary gears. Does anyone have any ideas. It really sucks not being able to use my dozer. I really miss it.

Replies12
  1. #1Tones2023-06-27 18:29

    A quick look on internet tells me those planetary hubs were supplied to NH. I've seen the logo on the cover plate before but can't remember who the company was. On the track drive motor sometimes there's a data plate and that should give you all the information you need to get parts. I'm thinking it maybe Bonfiglioli but not sure.

  2. #2stephen brzezinski2023-06-27 19:57

    Yes, the company is Bonfiglioli. They no longer make parts and New Holland no longer sells them as a result.

  3. #3Tones2023-06-28 00:41

    That's a bugger because I think all the parts are proprietary including the bearings. Have you contacted any independent drive motor specialists? You never know your luck.

  4. #4stephen brzezinski2023-06-28 08:22

    Yes, I went to a bearing specialist in the area who said they could fix everything. After looking at the gears, he said he couldn't do the bearings because of the design. I'm hoping there is another bearing expert out there who can help. The gears are in fairly good shape and I really just need the bearings done.

  5. #5djordje12023-06-28 08:56

    Try look here on this site https://www.messicks.com/NHC/138168

  6. #6Tones2023-06-28 15:32

    Without knowing exactly what the differences are would it be possible to make changes so that available bearings can be used. Sleeves on the shafts or boring the gears etc.

  7. #7HHFriend2024-08-23 11:32

    Contact Jay Holmberg over at Summit Tractor (866)-695-0970. He has a source for getting the final drive parts from Bonfiglioli. It takes a while to get them, but most are available. He sure helped me out.

  8. #8chidog2024-08-23 12:39

    Pictures of the bearings? Plain or frictionless? 660 Bronze and a guy with a lathe?

  9. #9HHFriend2024-08-23 15:16

    Factory supplies complete new assembly of the planetary's. Guy with a lathe would be cheaper, possibly even last longer lol

  10. #10JimInOz2024-08-26 18:01

    Maybe try Tas-Spa in Italy. I think the NH dozers had origins in Macmoter..??

  11. #11cameronpeoples2026-08-05 00:50

    Has anyone ever swapped a new Holland DC 80 final drive for a different final drive because they don’t make them anymore?

  12. #12Tones2026-08-05 01:48

    This could be a lot harder than you think. Different spigot size so it won't mount properly, Different bolt pattern that holds the planetary in place, different bolt pattern and spigot size to hold the sprockets equals a lot of machining. Finding a sprocket with the same diameter and tooth pitch. It's not impossible but will be expensive