Gday all Iv just bought a new holland excavator with some issues and I need some guidance. So the machine start and runs fine but all the hydraulic struggle to move if any juts small movements and twitches here and there when joysticks are moved. It’s like the machine doesn’t have enough pressure?? I just want to eliminate all potential things before I rip the pump off and TRY get it rebuilt even though I can’t really find a lot of info on it. All iv done is replaced the hydraulic fluid and it’s helped ever so slightly but I’d really appreciate any information. Cheers fellas
Does the pump make any noises when trying to operate? Have you checked the pump suction side of the system for leaks or obstructions?
The pump itself doesn’t make any weird noises but the inlet lines to the valve body sound like a power steering pump going bad (if that makes sense) iv also cleaned the strainer filter but it was pretty clean already and no leaks
That sounds like air intrusion. Make sure all the connections between the suction side of the pump and the hydraulic tank are tight and leak free. Check the suction hose for cracks.
Is the suction hose the big hose that goes from the hydraulic tank to the pump? Sorry I’m new to hydraulics and trying to wrap my head around it all
correct
From what I can see it seems like it’s in pretty good condition. I do have a set of test gauges coming, any idea of what psi I should be looking for? And any other ideas what could be my issue?
A noisy pump is mostly air intrusion but can also be something failing in the pump itself. Have you removed and inspected the hydraulic filter? You would need to cut it apart to get a good look so have a replacement. You are looking for metal contamination.
I haven’t removed the filter yet because it’s quite a task on my machine because I need to remove the counter weight, diesel tank and then the hydraulic tank but to take out the filter at the top of it. If it helps any it’s pretty obvious that the pump has been off recently because of how clean it is compared to the things around it and the new colour matched zip ties As for parts and replacements I’m having a hard time sourcing stuff online as well
Post some pics of your machine, the pump area, and the hydraulic tank. If you have to do all that to replace a filter, then NH screwed up bigtime.
Will take plenty of pictures tomorrow when I get daylight back
Here are some pictures
And some more