Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo ECR145EL warning ecu

Jpayne · 2024-03-20 22:20

I have gotten a warning on the screen with ecu in a box with a line going to another ecu in a box with a x in the center of the line popping up when i turn the key to the machine off. It cranks and operates normal. Any ideas on what to possibly check out or what might be the issue?

Replies9
  1. #1funwithfuel2024-03-20 22:59

    It's a communication error. If you press the envelope button on the keypad, it should give you an actual error to give you a place to start.

  2. #2LACHAU2024-03-21 00:11

    Welcome to HEF. You should take some photos of machine gauge cluster so you don't have to give a long description and the symptoms of the problem will be clearer.

  3. #3Jpayne2024-03-21 07:05

    I looked at that and its not showing anything. That is another thing that had me scratching my head.

  4. #4funwithfuel2024-03-21 07:08

    Scroll down to the service menu. Press and hold the enter key until display shows "entering service mode" then go to the message tab, see whachya got.

  5. #5Jpayne2024-03-21 08:28
  6. #6Jpayne2024-03-21 08:32

    Thanks for that info. I have just had the machine for a few months and the manual has a lot of damage to where you can’t read most of it. I went and looked at the messages and there is not one for the recent warning. I will include a pic for you. The top two are the only codes since I have had the machine. The other 4 are from a couple months before I got the machine.

  7. #7funwithfuel2024-03-21 08:57

    Odds are one of your relays are not powering up when keyed on. That or simply a failed fuse. Do you have the emergency shut off switch by your left heel? Those were known to cause issues with age and getting wet.

  8. #8Jpayne2024-03-21 11:45

    Yes there is the switch at the bottom of the seat there. Is there any way to narrow down relays or fuses?

  9. #9funwithfuel2024-03-21 15:11

    Without knowing which ECUs aren't powering up, you're starting from scratch. Check all fuses that power an ECU. Then see what does and doesn't work. Lights, HVAC, caretracks if you have a subscription, stuff like that will help you narrow it down.