Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland EC270 control issues

digs2 · 2020-06-17 18:34

My {O&K RH9.5} aka NH EC270 is having bucket control problems ? When you ask for a scoop or dump she tends to stall valve and engine almost ? Bucket barely moves ? If you combine stick movement the bucket works at 70 % both directions . So I am not sure what is going on ? Some times it is almost normal , mostly overloading pump as it seems . Any input would be great !!!!

Replies16
  1. #1uffex2020-06-18 05:23

    Good day digs Do you have a hydraulic schematic so we may point you in the right direction? Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2digs22020-06-18 06:06

    Unfortunately I have very little on this one . Thanks for the offer ! I would be happy to buy a book if you may know where to acquire such info .

  3. #3uffex2020-06-18 06:30

    To the best of my knowledge the New Holland & the Kobelco are almost the same machines that may help to explore the information. Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4digs22020-06-18 06:35

    I know there is cross over on brands , This is badged O&K . I will look into Kobelco models . CNH has some support for me but no solid dealers I know of ? Would be nice to be able to discuss issues as well as buy parts . THANK YOU Uffex !

  5. #5uffex2020-06-18 06:43

    I can see a manual at "therepairmanual.com" not sure what it includes but it is specific for NH 270. KR Uffex

  6. #6digs22020-06-21 08:52

    Thank you Uffex , I have the info . I will try an adjustment on the bucket cylinder equalizer valve . I will be sure to follow up ,

  7. #7tool_king2020-06-21 14:04

    I can email you service manual .Whats your email?

  8. #8digs22020-06-21 20:51

    Thx toolking , I have the info .

  9. #9digs22020-06-24 19:39

    Ok,so I have been fooling with the valve on the bucket cylinder .major changes in response with small adjustments. This leads me to a rebuild kit for that valve.CNH says unsupported? Would prefer parts on hand before disassembley . Any Ideas ?

  10. #10KES20202020-06-27 12:34

    I have a ec 450 -- O&K RH23.5 Parts are a nightmare- be prepared to take to take of the component and take it to a Hydraulic shop for repair or replacement- It will take time. Sorry M

  11. #11digs22020-06-27 14:47

    I know the O&K hurdles all to well . l did find a local dealer who is able to order parts . So now I’m going to check out my restrictor valve and proceed from there . The RH 23 must be a beaut !

  12. #12KES20202020-06-27 15:06

    Whats the dealers name-- Always more info is better-- The Machine is cherry- only 7000 hrs and engineered like a porshe with a VW price

  13. #13digs22020-06-27 15:31

    Monroe tractor in Worcester,ma .There are other branches . Case excavator dealers can help ,also new holland

  14. #14digs22020-07-09 18:44

    Up date , I discovered the hyd oil level was a bit high ? Over filled by accident likely ? So I decide to look at the filters which I replaced when we got machine . I had new ones left over from the 12 we had . The filters were badly restricting very dirty . I put new filters in today , one was burst and I could barely pull it out . Once running I noticed functions back to normal , however there is pump noise which developed over the past couple weeks of short runs to keep progress on the job . So now I think more damage may have occured due to a simple oversite ? Or a combo of dirty filters and lots of fluid and unable to take down for repairs early ? Oh well ? Points to how important hyd oil filter changes are on these O&K units ! Thanks for the help on the subject to all ! Any and all info is a huge help !!!

  15. #15Kyle Helmke2020-08-25 04:40

    Did you check the suction screen in the tank if debris got into the tank and plugged this screen it could be causing the pumps to Cavite

  16. #16digs22020-08-25 06:09

    I was not aware of a screen in the tank . Thanks I will look into it .